ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The Thing 1951

Any fans here of Ultraman?

ultraman_ultramankaijufighting_forweb.jpg

Big time. And Gigantor.

Reactions: Ronnie_B
My favorite was "The Crawling Eye". And I saw "Night of the Living Dead" in a drive-in, and it creeped me out for a long time.
I remember seeing The Night Of the Living Dead at the Amboy's Drive In 1968 .... I was 18 and nothing bothered me but after dropping my girlfriend off at home ( now my wife) pulled into my driveway and as I exited my car kept seeing the cemetery scene in my mind ...freaky and scary at the time.

The Giant Claw
The Deadly Mantis
The Monster That Challenged The World - Giant mollusks ??
Mothra
Kronos - ate energy and a lot of tacos, no people.

I use to watch any channel that had these movies on my own little portable tv. Rarely on the big set. Look it up in TV Guide and put it on if there was no ball game. NY Giants came first until they moved.
Otherwise, down to the Rivoli Theater in NB for the real movie. Sometimes there were lines that went down Washington Ave to get a ticket.

The Rivoli. Long time since the last time there. Used to see foreign movies like the Seven Samurai at the Albany.

The tree was Tobanga...easily one of the worst movies ever made.
Right up there with Plan 9 from outer space

Fun fact about Tobanga... Landed a small role as a tree in the Broadway revival of "Wizard of Oz" but came down with a case of termites and died just before opening night.

Reactions: bac2therac
I remember seeing The Night Of the Living Dead at the Amboy's Drive In 1968 .... I was 18 and nothing bothered me but after dropping my girlfriend off at home ( now my wife) pulled into my driveway and as I exited my car kept seeing the cemetery scene in my mind ...freaky and scary at the time.

I was there as well. Went to a lot of movies back then, but it is the only movie that I can specifically remember seeing at a drive in. Miss the drive-in theaters. Frequented the Amboy drive in, as well as the one on route 188 in East Brunswick & the one on route one in North Brunswick

Reactions: RUBOB72
ADVERTISEMENT