ADVERTISEMENT

OT-The Yankees Are Now Only 5 1/2 Out So Time For Official YANKEES Thread

Yankees fans we have a season and future team. And the future seems to be already now!
After "ridding" themselves Friday of A-Rod and his salary (good?)-and trading away much talent seemingly for some great future talent-the future seemed bright for future years.

However, during the past week (perhaps the Hawthorn effect?) the Yankees have now quetly chipped away at the AL East lead-and its still only mid-August. With the back to back HRs of Austin and Murphy in their first MLB at bats (first time in MLB history on a day celebrating the 1996 World Series wim) the Yankees seem young, fresh and exciting.

Havent followed the Mets much this season (after a wonderful 2015 season more impressive in thec wake of the Madoff Scandal). they seem to be strugglimg after the trade of their seeming glue Daniel Murphy and trsdimg/injuries with pictures. The teams seem like they could be headed in opposite directions or not (GO METS!).

***Please don't use this thread to insult the Mets. Both R the "home" team.

Last edited:
If you wanted a Yankees thread you should have just talked about the Yankees. This is now going to turn into a sh!t show thread where Mets and Yankees fans insult each team.

Agreed with the Mets and Yankees comments but by mentioning names you are probably still going to antagnonize. .Some posters who don't even have tickets nor graduated from RU (or my other UNC) like to criticize me when I post bad experiences (I also comment positively on new aspects of the university or team) and call me anti-RU or names. They are then same people who wonder why Rowen gets a $50 million donation and RU doesn't get a cent from certain big name alum. Sometimes, you just have to walk away from the idiot parade...

Last edited:
Despite releasing ARod, the Yankees are responsible for his salary for the remainder of this season and all of next year. If he signs with another team, presumably it would be for the major league minimum, and the Yanks would get deduct that amount off what they owe him.

Arod didn't retire. They just released him. So he's owed all the money on the contract he negotiated.

Good thread. No need to result to the low class name calling. Mets fans know what a disaster and embarrassment their team has been on and off field and I'm sure many regret their decision to be fans of that team so no need for Yankees fans to keep the digs going. Lets show them why were classiest fans in all of sports and Let's welcome them with open arms.

Reactions: Kbee3
If The yanks go to the playoffs, Giardi, should win manager of the year!! This Yankee team even with the new additions is mediocre. Starting pitching too inconsistent to be taken seriously.

Good thread. No need to result to the low class name calling. Mets fans know what a disaster and embarrassment their team has been on and off field and I'm sure many regret their decision to be fans of that team so no need for Yankees fans to keep the digs going. Lets show them why were classiest fans in all of sports and Let's welcome them with open arms.
Another jerk added to the ignore list. Stay classy.

Yankees fans we have a season and future team. And the future seems to be already now!
After "ridding" themselves Friday of A-Rod and his salary (good?)-and trading away much talent seemingly for some great future talent-the future seemed bright for future years.

However, during the past week (perhaps the Hawthorn effect?) the Yankees have now quetly chipped away at the AL East lead-and its still only mid-August. With the back to back HRs of Austin and Murphy in their first MLB at bats (first time in MLB history on a day celebrating the 1996 World Series wim) the Yankees seem young, fresh and exciting.

Havent followed the Mets much this season (after a wonderful 2015 season more impressive in thec wake of the Madoff Scandal). they seem to be strugglimg after the trade of their seeming glue Daniel Murphy and trsdimg/injuries with pictures. The teams seem like they could be headed in opposite directions or not (GO METS!).

***Please don't use this thread to insult the Mets. Both R the "home" team.

So you start a thread for the purpose of Yankees talk and you spend 1 of your 3 paragraphs in your OP discussing the Mets. Did you run out of Yankee topics to discuss that quickly?? Hmmmm

So ARod is gonna be a front office consultant for the Yankees - will he work with the players in helping them bulk up?

Another jerk added to the ignore list. Stay classy.
I understand your frustration with your season and therefore Ill take the high road and forgive you. If you re-read my post I never take a swipe at mets fan but rather call for unity.

Let's keep it classy. We both know your better than this.

Those unproven kids, of which zero are pitchers, are getting smoked 8-1 by a past place team.

I said it on Twitter and I will say it here it's time to move on from the Cashman Girardi show. The Steinbrenner's should consider selling the team also they are not committed like George was to winning. The price of tickets is laughable now, every chance I get to watch it's mostly empty. How Aaron Hicks stayed in the line up is beyond me, Judge should have been called up to replace him in June, July the latest. Severino may never learn how to win either, can't figure that out yet as a manager?

Reactions: drewbagel423
Nice of them to throw batting practice for Tampa Bay today.

If The yanks go to the playoffs, Giardi, should win manager of the year!! This Yankee team even with the new additions is mediocre. Starting pitching too inconsistent to be taken seriously.
Yeah? He is the fool that batted 190 hitters in the the third,
fourth, and fifth spots, for many months, used the pitchers
in the same innings game after game, and decided the
innings for the pitchers a month in advance. The guy
couldn't manage his way out of a wet paper bag.

I just don't understand Severino situation...

He's lights out when he comes in from the bullpen, but they are adamant about keeping him as a starter. Obviously he's not ready to be a starter if he only has two pitches.

except.... you're not. You're kidding yourself. Least classiest/worst/most spoiled fan base in the world. most arrogant sure! Not a good look hmmmm. Not 1/10 the heart, passion, loyalty of a Mets fan. I don't accept your "open arm invitation". Perhaps I'll just muck up this thread, follow suit of some of my "varsity" posters. I'm only JV after all ya dig?? Lmao

...All the evidence you need is all the "fans" that came from out of the wood work to kiss A Rods balls last week.

Last edited:
It was funny last week when Girardi said he wasn't into the whole 'going away tour' thing, meaning he wasn't going to give A-Rod extra time. But he was the guy who kept Jeter rolling in the second spot all year, when he was almost at the very bottom of the league in offensive stats.
Both Cashman and Girardi need to go.

Yanks are currently only 4 wins behind the Red Sox in the standings and Sox have far more away games left than the Yanks this season ( 30 vs 23.)

I'm pleased that the Yanks have started a youth movement (finally) by bringing in some good young players and getting rid of the old guys.

But since they are basically a .500 team this season I have little confidence that they can get a wild card spot. Hopefully next season will be better.

Yanks are currently only 4 wins behind the Red Sox in the standings and Sox have far more away games left than the Yanks this season ( 30 vs 23.)
The difficulty, though, is that the Yankees need to leapfrog 4 teams (not just the Red Sox) in order to get a wildcard birth. Not impossible, but difficult with only 45 games left.

Who were the sellers and who were the buyers again? Jay "7 for 50" Bruce? Now there's game changer. As a Reds fan I'm glad they found someone to take him in return for a top prospect

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT