ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Three Track & Field Rutgers athletes compete for Olympic shot

Just a clarification if anyone cares, but the two athletes at the USA trials would also need to get the Olympic standard in their event. Plus finish in the top 3.

Griffith is closest to getting the qualifier, but not sure how it works for Guyana. Each country can send 1 athlete, in total not each event, even without a qualifier.

I have withdrew my name for consideration due to Zika, I'll try again in 4 years.

Bumping this thread to the top as the Olympic Track & Field trials have started.

Does anyone know why Izaiah Brown the Rutgers freshman is not competing at the olympic trials in the 400M? He had a poor NCAA regionals but his season best was top 10 in the US. He had an outside chance of actually fighting for a spot on the olympic team, especially as a member of the 4X400M relay team. Did Mulqueen shut him down for the season? Injury?

http://trialsresults.usatf.org

Not a great result for Farquharson in LJ trial F F 5.78 in 24h place after three rounds out 25 competitors. did not advance. 18'11" for those of you not into metric measurement.

Last edited:
Anyone watch the 10k trial, this dude immediately started trending on twitter. Clasissc.

Last edited:
Olympic Trials Track and Field on NBC today at 2pm -5pm, then tonight at 7pm on NBCSH (their other cable tv outlet, channel 212 on Optimum/Cablevision).

The long jump qualifying round begins this afternoon at 4:45pm EDT.

Am I the only one who read the thread title and thought our athletes had been shot?

Am I the only one who read the thread title and thought our athletes had been shot?
I scrolled up to reread the thread title, didn't think our athletes had been shot, then realized that I'm the OP. Doh!

Mirabelli not doing too bad in the Jav, in 6th through his second throw.

He just fouled on his third throw, but has a chance Q for the finals. Finishing 6th in group 1.

Back to 11th after the first rd of group 2, he is gonna need some help. 2 guys fouled and a couple right on his heals.

Corey Crawford fouled on his first jump. Gab F was 11.56 in the 100. Didn't make it to the next round. Was 32 of 33 athletes. Looks like she ran out of steam.

Corey Crawford fouled on his first jump. Gab F was 11.56 in the 100. Didn't make it to the next round. Was 32 of 33 athletes. Looks like she ran out of steam.

Is this online somewhere or you following on twitter ?

They get 6 attempts, no ?
I believe everyone gets 3 jumps, initially. Then the top X number of competitors get 3 more. I'm not sure what number X is, but it's safe to say CC will not get those extra 3 jumps.

I believe everyone gets 3 jumps, initially. Then the top X number of competitors get 3 more. I'm not sure what number X is, but it's safe to say CC will not get those extra 3 jumps.

Well that sucks for Corey. Must be very frustrating for him not to even register a jump.

Today was only qualifying, so 3 jumps for all of the competitors. The top 12 jumps go to the final tomorrow. In that competition, everyone would get the 3 jumps, then the top 8 would get the additional 3.

This format has changed over the years so it get confusing sometimes. Had to look it up myself.

For the record, 5 of 6 long jump attempts from RU athletes were fouls. :(

This may have had something to do with his performance, he also just tweeted "thanks leg"

Tough break for Corey. At the end of the day, it is really an honor just to compete at the Olympic Trials. I agree with you North, it is a looong season for some of these collegians. They are expected to be at top form for their league meets and NCAA. Then add a few more weeks until OT. Tough to do.

ADVERTISEMENT