ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Tiger with no recollection of accident!

zappaa

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 27, 2001
Montclair NJ
Hard to believe, every close call or accident I’ve ever been in, I remember exactly what happened, some without God and luck on my side would have been serious.
If he never lost consciousness, how does he not remember the cause, or the first moment of losing control?
I do not believe the accident was drug or alcohol related.
Maybe, texting related?
If you don’t hurt anyone else, what’s the penalty, and will authorities check his texting history at the time of the accident ?

Hard to believe, every close call or accident I’ve ever been in, I remember exactly what happened, some without God and luck on my side would have been serious.
If he never lost consciousness, how does he not remember the cause, or the first moment of losing control.
I do not believe the accident was drug or alcohol related.
Maybe, texting related?
If you don’t hurt anyone else, what’s the penalty, and will authorities check his texting history at the time of the accident ?

I saw on the news that the LA county police said there will be no tickets or fines. They deemed it to be nothing but an accident.

Last edited:
Apparently, he didn’t even realize that he was seriously injured after the crash. If he was texting, they will find out.

Apparently, he didn’t even realize that he was seriously injured after the crash. If he was texting, they will find out.
Only if someone makes a concerted effort to check his cell phone.
Thankfully, their are no other injuries and no one else’s lawyers to demand or prompt a cell phone investigation.
I saw Rennie Stennet’s foot and ankle turned 180 degrees in the opposite direction, and he had almost no pain while laying at 2nd base.
The body is an amazing thing.

Reactions: greenknight

Police need a warrant to check his phone, which is likely damaged. Doubt they get one. He’s a celebrity, so they’ll sweep things under the rug, if possible. Plus there was no one else affected but himself. He was likely texting or speeding. Even if he wasn’t texting, that’s a difficult road to be speeding on, in a Hyundai SUV. He learned firsthand the SUV doesn’t handle like a car.

Reactions: RUScrew85
Agree with the OP. Tigers memory loss seems convenient.

Mushnick had a good Tiger column this week in the Post. We make excuses for Tigers behavior - we focus on Tiger not killing himself and forget he could have killed others with his poor decisions

Police need a warrant to check his phone, which is likely damaged. Doubt they get one. He’s a celebrity, so they’ll sweep things under the rug, if possible. Plus there was no one else affected but himself. He was likely texting or speeding. Even if he wasn’t texting, that’s a difficult road to be speeding on, in a Hyundai SUV. He learned firsthand the SUV doesn’t handle like a car.

No injuries but Tiger = low priority to spend time investigating.

Reactions: RUScrew85 and FMT
My guess is that he dropped his phone and was reaching for it when he went off the road.

Reports that he sped out of the hotel after getting frustrated that a family was parked behind him unloading their car, and he was trying to get to a party with a bunch of NFL and NBA guys.

People hold celebrities in too high regard, so when they do something stupid, people and the press do everything possible to tear them apart.

My guess is that he dropped his phone and was reaching for it when he went off the road.

Reports that he sped out of the hotel after getting frustrated that a family was parked behind him unloading their car, and he was trying to get to a party with a bunch of NFL and NBA guys.

People hold celebrities in too high regard, so when they do something stupid, people and the press do everything possible to tear them apart.
No party. It was a video shoot. 2nd day of 2 shoots.

I read that it's a downhill stretch of road with a curve that's known for accidents. Apparently there's video of him driving along that route 7 minutes (5 miles) before the crash, just after 7 am. He's also claimed in the past that he's dealt with a sleep disorder. All factors seem to point to falling asleep at the wheel, imo.

After seeing pictures of how damaged that ruck was after falling off a cliff, Tiger Woods would be dead. So him having memory loss after falling off like that shouldn’t be surprising, nor “convenient.” Shoot, some football players, boxers, wrestlers like Mick Foley and Undertaker after WM 30 don’t even remember playing some of their games/matches.

I thought The cops already said they will pull the black box and cell record. They said if he was txt, it’s a fine and not a criminal charge. I think he was in shock. Read his injuries. Bone breaking through skin. I get that you might not feel tear or dislocation. But bone through skin?

No harm (to anyone else), no foul.

Move along.

Maybe, just maybe one of these celebs will hire a driver and text to their heart's content from the back seat.....with their seat belt on....

I see jobs all the time for retired Law Enforcement as drivers in NYC and surrounding area.
It's paying a nice number these days, more for armed. part time (unarmed) is around 35 an hour, full time 70K.

My old Security Co has 2 guys that go with a Saudi Prince who lives in NYC, full time 100 K each.
Bloomberg hired his NYPD security detail when he left Mayor's Office. They all retired at 50 % pay from NYPD and Mike hired them at 100 K each. They even protect him in Bermuda and a few go with his Daughter everywhere she travels. About a dozen guys in total, but it's a business expense.

I thought The cops already said they will pull the black box and cell record. They said if he was txt, it’s a fine and not a criminal charge. I think he was in shock. Read his injuries. Bone breaking through skin. I get that you might not feel tear or dislocation. But bone through skin?
Yeah but it’s Tiger Woods!!! So it’s automatic that he was popping X, drinking Patron, receiving front seat pleasure, and arguing with his agent over the phone... all at the same time!!!

After seeing pictures of how damaged that ruck was after falling off a cliff, Tiger Woods would be dead. So him having memory loss after falling off like that shouldn’t be surprising, nor “convenient.” Shoot, some football players, boxers, wrestlers like Mick Foley and Undertaker after WM 30 don’t even remember playing some of their games/matches.

I don’t think Tiger has ever suffered from brain trauma, not was he concussed

Yeah but it’s Tiger Woods!!! So it’s automatic that he was popping X, drinking Patron, receiving front seat pleasure, and arguing with his agent over the phone... all at the same time!!!
Incorrect, it’s obvious to me the accident is not alcohol or drug related.

Unfortunately I see plenty of rollover accidents on I-78. Speed and poor defensive driving = rollover.

So there’s no chance he either hit his head, not even once on the way down that cliff or he freaked out and shut down when he got those injuries? Not a one percent chance.

Cool.

Reactions: rutgersfan7
No harm (to anyone else), no foul.

Move along.

Maybe, just maybe one of these celebs will hire a driver and text to their heart's content from the back seat.....with their seat belt on....

I see jobs all the time for retired Law Enforcement as drivers in NYC and surrounding area.
It's paying a nice number these days, more for armed. part time (unarmed) is around 35 an hour, full time 70K.

My old Security Co has 2 guys that go with a Saudi Prince who lives in NYC, full time 100 K each.
Bloomberg hired his NYPD security detail when he left Mayor's Office. They all retired at 50 % pay from NYPD and Mike hired them at 100 K each. They even protect him in Bermuda and a few go with his Daughter everywhere she travels. About a dozen guys in total, but it's a business expense.
Ok Will, so put it to bed.
No cell phone or texting investigations?

Reactions: LETSGORU91
Incorrect, it’s obvious to me the accident is not alcohol or drug related.
Apparently your sarcasm detector was turned off when I was repeating what most have said in this very thread. Or I’m just the only asshat in this thread who’s opinion is worthless here.

So there’s no chance he either hit his head, not even once on the way down that cliff or he freaked out and shut down when he got those injuries? Not a one percent chance.

Cool.
I don’t think his car went down a Cliff.

Cool.
Who said that, have you ever heard of opinions
Dr’s would have 100% confirmed the need for head injury protocol.
No head trauma

Me at scene of MV accident in a snow storm with driver saying he doesn't 'know ' what happened;

"IF you tell me you don't know what happened, I'm required to give you a ticket for at least careless driving. IF you tell me you were avoiding a deer that ran in front of you, I can just check the animal in roadway box and you are free to go. Now, tell me one last time what happened ?"

"Trooper, there was a deer that ran across the road right in front of me and I tried to avoid it."

"Fine, you can to with the wrecker now"., me.

Reactions: tico brown
Tico is sensitive and treats everything and everyone under a microscope of racism
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 Where did you get that from my posts about head trauma and accidents??? 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Your true colors coming out???

Tico is sensitive and treats everything and everyone under a microscope of racism
I got put into timeout for simply disagreeing about starting a new thread ( no curses or insults). Apparently others gets free passes here.

Probably would have been ejected back in the day or impaled on the steering wheel.

Friend was drunk and driving his Vette at a high rate on night. Ejected thru the sun room, into a snow bank and survived....(the luck of the comotose drunks), with truly no idea of what happened.

But lots of fatals on GSP and Turnpike where you had no idea of why or what happened.

I would think not remembering what happened would be the best defense unless you remembered you served to avoid a deer and lost control

Probably would have been ejected back in the day or impaled on the steering wheel.

Friend was drunk and driving his Vette at a high rate on night. Ejected thru the sun room, into a snow bank and survived....(the luck of the comotose drunks), with truly no idea of what happened.

But lots of fatals on GSP and Turnpike where you had no idea of why or what happened.
As sick as this may sound, the Hyundai Genesis may have gotten “good” publicity in how well this truck protected Tiger Woods in this accident since the the investigatiors says he’s “lucky to be alive.”

As sick as this may sound, the Hyundai Genesis may have gotten “good” publicity in how well this truck protected Tiger Woods in this accident since the the investigatiors says he’s “lucky to be alive.”

Agreed. After seeing the post-crash photos, that he survived tells me that that vehicle really protects the passengers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT