ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Tiger Woods in Serious Car Crash

That is a great point. How about this then: Sticking it out in school might have given him a little more humility and respect for individuals. This might have helped him avoid hurting his wife, parents, kids and himself. Tiger's multimillion dollar life hasn't been doing him too good lately.

He sure did. But it wont harm his legacy. Time after time, his antics were over looked with every comeback.
He only went to school to keep his amateur status for awhile. He wasn't a student. His dad had a plan. Tiger's life went into a spiral after his dad passed. School meant nothing to him or his life.

I won’t speak for everyone but I want the truth from the media. I do not get that enough.
I think most of us want the truth from media. But tell me, what media is responsibly limiting their product to just truth?

I'm not aware of much in the way of unopinionated media these days. I consume news stories from Reuters, which is pretty dry and factual most of the time. But even they aren't entirely free of opinions (which I always skip). All social media is full of unproven, unprovable crap.

So where do we go to find truth?

I think most of us want the truth from media. But tell me, what media is responsibly limiting their product to just truth?

I'm not aware of much in the way of unopinionated media these days. I consume news stories from Reuters, which is pretty dry and factual most of the time. But even they aren't entirely free of opinions (which I always skip). All social media is full of unproven, unprovable crap.

So where do we go to find truth?

Isn’t it sad?

The majority of marriages in the USA end in at least one divorce.
Most drivers have at least one MV accident in their driver's history,

Most of us aren't worth hundreds of millions of dollars

But we're questioning his staying at Stanford ?

Bad driver ? Looks like it. But I can still watch him IF he can tee it up again.

Stay in college. Learn a little common sense and respect. Versus , cheat on your wife with multiple women. Wreck your car while being high on pain killers. Wreck your car again because of who knows what reason and destroy your legs. The best part about all of this is people wanted to throw Springsteen under the bus for doing a couple shots on his motorcycle and said he was ruined. Tiger does all that and 'yay, he won the Masters again!'.
I think it's clear that in this country we really don't care if celebrities cheat on their wives. It makes for gossip but ultimately it doesn't matter. Everyone knew Bill Clinton and Donald Trump cheated multiple times on their wives and they were both president.

That is a great point. How about this then: Sticking it out in school might have given him a little more humility and respect for individuals. This might have helped him avoid hurting his wife, parents, kids and himself. Tiger's multimillion dollar life hasn't been doing him too good lately.

He sure did. But it wont harm his legacy. Time after time, his antics were over looked with every comeback.
Stay in school? Dude, the guy was in school in April of 1996 and won the Masters in April of 1997 by the widest margin and lowest score ever recorded at Augusta. Made $100 Million. Stay in school?

He's actually a good guy. He's got a bit of a screw loose in terms of living and behaving. But you know what? Every damn one of those mistresses said he was the nicest guy, treated them all with respect. They say its how you treat people when no one is looking....when two dozen sex workers vouch for you, you're ultimately good in my book.

Yes, he completely failed as a role model. shamefully. He assumed a mantle he was completely ill equipped to honor. Its almost incomprehensible, looking back. He a little crazy, clearly.

Good heart though. It matters.

Is he a poor human being for getting divorced, getting into an accident, cheating or something else?

I see in the news a lot of rich guys cheating all the time.
Do you know many guys cheating with 40 girls at the same time?

Stay in school? Dude, the guy was in school in April of 1996 and won the Masters in April of 1997 by the widest margin and lowest score ever recorded at Augusta. Made $100 Million. Stay in school?

He's actually a good guy. He's got a bit of a screw loose in terms of living and behaving. But you know what? Every damn one of those mistresses said he was the nicest guy, treated them all with respect. They say its how you treat people when no one is looking....when two dozen sex workers vouch for you, you're ultimately good in my book.

Yes, he completely failed as a role model. shamefully. He assumed a mantle he was completely ill equipped to honor. Its almost incomprehensible, looking back. He a little crazy, clearly.

Good heart though. It matters.

Flawed character and no morals. Yeah a good guy.

Isn’t it sad?
Yes, a little.

But hopefully it’s just a phase brought about by 24/7 media and the internet. Maybe after humanity’s gotten used being so digitally connected to the entire world, it will remember the serenity and happiness that comes from everyone minding their own business.

Maybe. 🙂

I think it's clear that in this country we really don't care if celebrities cheat on their wives. It makes for gossip but ultimately it doesn't matter. Everyone knew Bill Clinton and Donald Trump cheated multiple times on their wives and they were both president.
Add LBJ, JFK, FDR,

RFK, Nelson Rock.

Need we continue ?

ADVERTISEMENT