ADVERTISEMENT

OT: To my Rutgers Rivals/TdF friends.

NBHPRU

Sophomore
Gold Member
Aug 24, 2021
Thank God for televised bicycle races to keep me from losing my mind until the season begins.

Anyone watching the Vuelta? Given the way he is riding, I am calling it now for Evenepoel. He absolutely crushed the time trial and built up his already significant leads against the other GC contenders.

I am looking forward future grand tours with this impressive group of young riders: Bernal, Pogacar, Vingegaard, Van Aert, Evenepoel to name a few. Pretty happy with the crop of Americans too. The top guys perform very well in their roles (looking at you Sepp Kuss and Brandon McNulty). Not sure if we have a GC contender in there though.

Thank God for televised bicycle races to keep me from losing my mind until the season begins.

Anyone watching the Vuelta? Given the way he is riding, I am calling it now for Evenepoel. He absolutely crushed the time trial and built up his already significant leads against the other GC contenders.

I am looking forward future grand tours with this impressive group of young riders: Bernal, Pogacar, Vingegaard, Van Aert, Evenepoel to name a few. Pretty happy with the crop of Americans too. The top guys perform very well in their roles (looking at you Sepp Kuss and Brandon McNulty). Not sure if we have a GC contender in there though.
Watching the Vuelta and happy to see what is going on. Became a big fan of Remco last September when I stopped into Bar Gidon in Geraardensbergen, Belgium after riding up the farmed Muur of Geraardensbergen. Or Kapelmuur. Turns out it is the home of his Official Fan Club. What a great place to go and enjoy a beer after the big climb.
Remco Evenepoel shocked the rest of the World with his first Monument victory with this year's Liege - Bastone - Liege. Incredible for a guy who is just 22.
An absolutely amazing Time Trial today. Winning by 48 seconds! 👀

Watching the Vuelta and happy to see what is going on. Became a big fan of Remco last September when I stopped into Bar Gidon in Geraardensbergen, Belgium after riding up the farmed Muur of Geraardensbergen. Or Kapelmuur. Turns out it is the home of his Official Fan Club. What a great place to go and enjoy a beer after the big climb.
Remco Evenepoel shocked the rest of the World with his first Monument victory with this year's Liege - Bastone - Liege. Incredible for a guy who is just 22.
An absolutely amazing Time Trial today. Winning by 48 seconds! 👀

I am sooo jealous of you right now.

I am sooo jealous of you right now.
Went again this past April. Rode in the Rhonde van Vlaaderen Cyclo. Amateur ride day before Tour of Flanders. Up all the famed cobblestones hills, Koppenberg, Paterberg and the most wonderful Oud Kwaremont climb with the small village 3/4 of the way up with every resident cheering you on!
Going back again this April. It was that spectacular.

Went again this past April. Rode in the Rhonde van Vlaaderen Cyclo. Amateur ride day before Tour of Flanders. Up all the famed cobblestones hills, Koppenberg, Paterberg and the most wonderful Oud Kwaremont climb with the small village 3/4 of the way up with every resident cheering you on!
Going back again this April. It was that spectacular.
Stop! You're killing me. (Sounds fantastic!)

Stop! You're killing me. (Sounds fantastic!)
Simple suggestion. Go!
I'm 61 and never went to Europe until a year ago because I hate long flights. I still really hate long flights but I wish I started making this trip earlier. Flights are reasonable. Hotels are much lower then they are here and the great beer is cheaper than water.

Reactions: RUPete

raw

Reactions: RUPete
Hells yeah!

Mine got stolen back in WIllingboro in like 6th grade.
I was always jealous of the shifter kids until I realized none of them knew how to work it correctly.
So I'm sure one, if not both parents, blamed you for leaving it outside. Today's parents would buy them two more bikes to make them happy.
We also had the fixed gear. So to stop you would reverse the pedaling directions. Which lead my brother and myself to gaining great speed and try make the longest skid mark in the road. Mom couldn't figure out why were going through 3 rear tires a summer 🤣🤣🤣

Makes me want to jump on my Schwinn Fastback with the banana seat and sissy bar.
not the StingRay?
s-l1600.jpg

mine was blue.. brothers had red and purple.. red had the sissy bar and, a slick in the back. Love the pedal brake to skid... made the future "English racer" with THREE SPEEDS and grip brakes seem ridiculous.

Last edited:
I was always jealous of the shifter kids until I realized none of them knew how to work it correctly.
So I'm sure one, if not both parents, blamed you for leaving it outside. Today's parents would buy them two more bikes to make them happy.
We also had the fixed gear. So to stop you would reverse the pedaling directions. Which lead my brother and myself to gaining great speed and try make the longest skid mark in the road. Mom couldn't figure out why were going through 3 rear tires a summer 🤣🤣🤣

I had yellow and blue rear tires in addition to black so I could leave colored skid marks.

Oh and I changed out the back seat support for one with a Sissy Bar - #70SAWESOME

Back in the late 70's I wanted a dirt bike and this is what my mom got me. I guess it could be considered a forerunner to a mountain bike. The shocks actually worked but barely, as they were so stiff. I think they gave like maybe a half an inch.

dsc06305_blowup.jpg

Reactions: colbert17
ADVERTISEMENT