ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Tropical Storm Wanda closing out the Atlantic Hurricane Season?

DJ Spanky

The Lunatic is in my Head
Jul 25, 2001
So it appears the season is coming to a close, with the storm that dumped all the rain on us last week now wandering out in the Atlantic and becoming TS Wanda.

Overall, for the Atlantic Hurricane Season, which runs from June 1st to November 30th, we have the following tabulation:

20 Named Storms
7 Hurricanes
4 Major Hurricanes (Cat 3+)

That doesn't include TS Ana, which showed up in the middle of May.

Now it's possible we could get some additions to that, but that's rare to be happening in November.

So I had guessed 19/9/4 for the season, not that far off.

So it appears the season is coming to a close, with the storm that dumped all the rain on us last week now wandering out in the Atlantic and becoming TS Wanda.

Overall, for the Atlantic Hurricane Season, which runs from June 1st to November 30th, we have the following tabulation:

20 Named Storms
7 Hurricanes
4 Major Hurricanes (Cat 3+)

That doesn't include TS Ana, which showed up in the middle of May.

Now it's possible we could get some additions to that, but that's rare to be happening in November.

So I had guessed 19/9/4 for the season, not that far off.
greta-how-dare-you.gif

Reactions: bac2therac
named.. omg.. it was "called".. memory going (I should have said it out loud before posting a "correction").. "A fish called wanda" looks wrong.. but sounds 100% right.. funny-assed movie either way!

A Fish Called Wanda starring John Cleese, Kevin Kline, Jamie Lee Curtis and Michael Palin.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Come on, you're better than this. This teenager has AD.
("People with this condition may be socially awkward and have an all-absorbing interest in specific topics.")
Scary nonetheless! 🤭

Come on, you're better than this. This teenager has AD.
("People with this condition may be socially awkward and have an all-absorbing interest in specific topics.")
Does having AD include having parents that pimp you out?

Scary nonetheless! 🤭
I'm shocked that you of all people mock this kid.
What if she saw you holding hands with your partner and called you scary? Smh

And yes, her parents are assholes. It is a form of abuse.

Unwatching so don't bother responding.

Underperform. The experts thought we'd be into the backup list by now.
Yes, it sure looks like the experts were wrong on October, but how can you say the season underperformed when it's already the 3rd busiest season in history for named storms, with 21 named storms, 7 hurricanes and 4 major hurricanes, many of which were very impactful, including in the US? CSU did quite well, predicting 18/8/4, which is damn close to 21/7/4. Also, Wanda is the last name on the list for 2021, so we'll be into the backup list on the next storm, assuming we get one in Nov.

https://rutgers.forums.rivals.com/t...eason-sam-likely-to-remain-out-to-sea.223702/

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight Shift
Of the 20 storms that formed this season, many were barely even worth a mention. They (the NHC) got their numbers though and met their quota.

Of the 20 storms that formed this season, many were barely even worth a mention. They (the NHC) got their numbers though and met their quota.
Yes several storms weren't particularly strong, but there weren't any that shouldn't have been named, based on TS criteria and you know it. Try making an argument for any of the storms not being named. I'll wait. Also, there were 21 storms not 20 (so far).

21 named storms, 20 that fell within the timeframe of the Atlantic Hurricane Season.

A Fish Called Wanda starring John Cleese, Kevin Kline, Jamie Lee Curtis and Michael Palin.
I met Wanda when she was employed
Behind the counter at the Route 60 Bob's Big Boy
Fried chicken on the front seat, she's sittin' in my lap
We're wipin' our fingers on a Texaco roadmap
I remember Wanda up on scrap metal hill
With them big brown eyes that make your heart stand still.

ADVERTISEMENT