ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Uconn at Houston FB Tonite

Knightmoves

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 1, 2001
Anyone like the Huskies getting 27.5 points at Houston tonite ?

I will watch out of curiosity, but hoping for an early blowout by the Cougars.

Reactions: PSUPOWER
I like UConn getting that many points. UConn beat them last year in Conn. Diaco is an excellent Defensive coach. End game coach? Maybe not so much lol.

Hey, does that remind anyone of a certain someone?

Of course Houston's QB Ward was out hurt that game. He's playing tonight.

Tomorrow night Stanford vs Washington .

The battle of the Big 12 wannabees. I'm so happy that we are in the best athletic and academic conference. Thank you Henry Rutgers, Edward Bloustein, Bob Mulcahy, Greg Schiano, Tim Pernetti, and most important of all, Jim Delany!

Texas Tech is playing Kansas tonight as well.(FS1)
If the Houston game is a blowout early maybe check that game out.
Looks like the Cougars Big 12 chances are starting to dim with the talk the B-12 might not expand.
UConn hopes will be going up in smoke to if the Vitamin Conference stays at 10,
but I think you would have to been inhaling some good smoke if you think Connecticut
had a real good chance in getting an invite.

The UConn transferred in QB. He can run and throw. He'd be starting at RU if he was here.

This .
The UCONN QB is head and shoulders better than any QB on the RU Roster.
If we had him we would be going to a Bowl Game this year.

Last edited:
Figures that Houston (just took my meds) can successfully recruit a 27 year old Australian kicker.

Last edited:
Reality check -- we were just in this conference a few years ago. Sometimes still hard to believe we're in the BIG. Unreal. We have such a bright future.

Random side note -- ESPN sideline reporter tonight for UCheat game is very cute.

Reality check -- we were just in this conference a few years ago. Sometimes still hard to believe we're in the BIG. Unreal. We have such a bright future.

Random side note -- ESPN sideline reporter tonight for UCheat game is very cute.

She's the wife of ex Bama QB Jeff Rutledge

Jeff is a good analyst now

Say what you will about UConn, but right now they are pretty much holding their own against the number six team in the nation. I only hope that we can keep OSU to 14 points by half time on Saturday.

Say what you will about UConn, but right now they are pretty much holding their own against the number six team in the nation. I only hope that we can keep OSU to 14 points by half time on Saturday.

Now 28-0 Houston just before the half. Uconn doesn't have enough offense to stay in the game with Houston on the road.

Houston's offense has an average of 682 yards per game. That is just unimaginable. When can we get Todd Herman as our offensive coordinator?

Did anyone see the UConn ad at halftime where they say New York City is their backyard? Could we say Baltimore is our backyard. Same distance.

Reactions: redking
That last catch to make it 42-7 would have been offensive PI in the Big Ten.

Let's see what Laviano does against a comparable opponent in OSU. Might turn out that both QBs are equally horrible.

Comparable opponents? Come on. OSU is so much better on Defense than Houston. It's not even close. Houston is all Offense with a suspect Defense.

Rutgers has already played at least 2 teams with much better D's than Houston. Laviano stunk it up bad against #8 Washington and was not very good against Iowa.

I'd say neither QB is anything to write home about.

We'd be in serious trouble with Bryant Shirreffs as our QB. Please, can't we wish for better than 100th place?

We'd be in serious trouble with Bryant Shirreffs as our QB. Please, can't we wish for better than 100th place?

It's just more of the same old self loathing. A player on any team completes a pass, runs for 10+ yards, or makes a tackle and some poster will say he's better than anyone on RU. It happens like clockwork.

RU's offense is modeled after Houston's as we have their former QB coach as the OC. Once we get a QB like Houston's Ward, the offense will produce. Ward has huge numbers against UCONN...

Yup, 8-21 and 133 yards screams National Championship.

If Laviano or any QB does that you guys are screaming for his head. Unreal.

Even after last night's poor performance , the UCONN QB is now ranked 87. Compared to CL at 106.
If you can't see the problem with the team then that's your problem.

ADVERTISEMENT