ADVERTISEMENT

OT: UConn Football transfers

Yukon is in a really bad spot, and their fans blame Edsall. Did they miss that they're going indy with no large national fanbase to support a "barnstorming" schedule?

Since they are no longer a member of a conference does the NCAA give UConn kids the ability to transfer out without having to sit?

The current situation is very different from the one they committed to.

Judging by that article, many of these players were not likely to make an impact next year. Maybe Edsall is clearing out the remaining Diaco recruits.

Reactions: RU_B1G
Yukon is in a really bad spot, and their fans blame Edsall. Did they miss that they're going indy with no large national fanbase to support a "barnstorming" schedule?
Their fans are lunatics. connies are taking their historical and rightful place in CFB hierarchy. Regional doormat. Their 2020 home schedule is gag inducing.

Heard on the BiG Network they are trying to get the basketball program back. Then worry about football. Maybe the big 12 or ACC expands again and gives them a look. That’s what their hoping anyway.

Enjoy football independence UConn.
Only a matter of time until they disband.
World's tiniest violin plays for them.

Reactions: thegock
Enjoy football independence UConn.
Only a matter of time until they disband.
World's tiniest violin plays for them.

They have a couple of seasoned OL who are immediately eligible to play. I’m sure GS is investigating

Reactions: BillyC80
They have a DB/CB in the portal that could make an immediate impact in our secondary. trying to find the name now.

Reactions: BillyC80
I can’t believe they are still playing FBS football. Especially with their move back to the Big East in hoops. UConn should be playing FCS football.

Reactions: Scarlet1984
it is the nature of college football now with the transfer portal. Whenever a team has changes and is in trouble, all the better players will look elsewhere.

If we didn't hire Schiano the flood gates may have been open at Rutgers.

I can’t believe they are still playing FBS football. Especially with their move back to the Big East in hoops. UConn should be playing FCS football.
I can’t imagine how this is going to go well for them financially. A stadium not on campus, no bowls, very little TV money, and the New England region that has few Division 1 football players but three Division 1 football programs. Not to mention, we, Army, Syracuse, and others recruit there to a certain extent.:Rutgers:CHOP:

It’s hard to imagine but if Ash was retained OR we hired Toledo coach, this would be us with the floodgates opening. It was that close. UConn will be in the Patriot League before the current recruiting class is done playing

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
Making too much of UConn's portal entrants. Seems to be former Diaco recruits being processed out by Edsall, which is happening to an extent here as well, just not as prevalent. Plus a good portion seem to be seniors who are looking to extend their playing days. More sad than apocalyptic for the program, although they are in serious transition, with a definite possibility of dropping further down the CFB pecking order.

Instead of looking at their portal entrants, GS & staff would be better served looking at current commits. Edsall tended to have usable OL, but I'd think the portal guys might not be really useful for our rebuild.

Reactions: RutgersRockies
Heard on the BiG Network they are trying to get the basketball program back. Then worry about football. Maybe the big 12 or ACC expands again and gives them a look. That’s what their hoping anyway.

On this Earth or....

Bizarro_World_002.jpg

I think you are correct, it is the hope of some of their die hard football fans, but that ship has sailed many years ago and their administration knowing that fact in a desperate move to save their basketball program reached out to the BE. Their football program is destined for the CAA or elimination and they are also about to find out that the new BE is nothing like the old BE. Gone are most of their principle rivals such as Syracuse, Pitt, and BC and replaced by schools such as Creighton and Butler. If it weren't for their overly obnoxious and stuck up fan base, I would actually feel some pity towards them, but as it stands, I am enjoying the fall every step of the way.

they are also about to find out that the new BE is nothing like the old BE. Gone are most of their principle rivals such as Syracuse, Pitt, and BC and replaced by schools such as Creighton and Butler.

This is the part I really don't understand. They're killing football to go back to a conference that no longer has Pitt, Cuse, Notre Dame, WVU or Louisville. It makes no sense even from a basketball perspective.

It's debatable how much better this watered down BE even is than the AAC.

This is the part I really don't understand. They're killing football to go back to a conference that no longer has Pitt, Cuse, Notre Dame, WVU or Louisville. It makes no sense even from a basketball perspective.

It's debatable how much better this watered down BE even is than the AAC.
It really not though. The Big East in every metric is better than the AAC.

It really not though. The Big East in every metric is better than the AAC.

Perhaps for basketball but at the cost of football? I doubt it is worth it. And the AAC still has some pretty good football programs. Several members have been in the Top 25 over the course of the past 4-5 years - UCF, Memphis, Cincy, Navy, Houston, Temple, even SMU has been ranked. Now what do they get? Lots of payday road games in which the team will be bludgeoned half to death.

I think UConn will regret this move.

I think UConn is trying to get a men's lacrosse team going. In that case, the Big East is a solid conference.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT