ADVERTISEMENT

OT: UConn is a well coached team

Two wins vs Depaul. Want to see them vs Nova if they ever play again.
DePaul was awful. They literally threw that game away. Uconn didn’t really impress but they were missing their best player. Not sure uconn has played anyone.

I saw last 3 minutes. DePaul was bad, could barely pass the ball. And they have played what 5 games?

Reactions: bethlehemfan
They have made recruiting New Jersey a priority too -- creating a pipeline

2019: RJ Cole
2020: Adama Sanogo
2021: Rashool Diggins, Sam Johnson
2022: Corey Floyd

Reactions: silkcitypirate
Some bad teams in that conference. G-town, the Johnnies and DePaul.

GT, St. John's, Depaul and Butler are all rated way over # 80 in Kenpom and are all near or over # 100 in the Net. The league just isn't as good as it has been the last few years. If a team goes 8-0 against those four and splits the other 12 conference games they are 14-6 in conference.

Reactions: shields
Someone mentioned NJ as a recruiting pipeline when kids are flown in from other countries or other states to play at the Patrick School or other Parochial places here....they are in theory not the NJ natives they are made out to be, more mercenaries than anything else.

If anything, more talent has left NJ to the Oak Hill or IMG or Monteverde places out of state.

Rutgers recruited both Cliff and Sanogo. Cliff ultimately chose Rutgers over UConn and Auburn. Danny stole Sanogo from Seton Hall. What is interesting about this game is the contrast between Danny and Steve. In my opinion they are relatively equivalent coaches. If you just saw the T on Danny it represents how fiery he is. Personally I think that it energizes his team but comes back to ultimately haunt on the scoreboard. I would be stunned if UConn wins this but when and if Bouk comes back they should Dance in a 6-bid league.

What would the score be if RU hosted UConn today?
Interesting question. Which RU team shows up? The one who lost its mojo of late or the one that ‘was’ to start the season

I don’t know how good UCONN is. They have played one good team so far. The team they play today.
Top to bottom the Big East is weak this year.

Reactions: shields
Rutgers recruited both Cliff and Sanogo. Cliff ultimately chose Rutgers over UConn and Auburn. Danny stole Sanogo from Seton Hall. What is interesting about this game is the contrast between Danny and Steve. In my opinion they are relatively equivalent coaches. If you just saw the T on Danny it represents how fiery he is. Personally I think that it energizes his team but comes back to ultimately haunt on the scoreboard. I would be stunned if UConn wins this but when and if Bouk comes back they should Dance in a 6-bid league.

Was Sanogo rated higher than Cliff?

He looks much better and stronger

Last edited:
I was writing about teams in that conference. UCONN has two wins vs DePaul. Think DePaul would lose to Nebraska.

I am not a UConn fan but who at this point in the season is the stronger team ? Which team has recruited the best the past 3 years ? Who is the better coach?

I am not a UConn fan but who at this point in the season is the stronger team ? Which team has recruited the best the past 3 years ? Who is the better coach?
Right now UConn stronger. Let’s see if RU gets back to where we were when the BIG started. UConn has recruited better last three years. If RU reverts back to where we were you have the answer regarding coaching. You also have the answer if RU doesn’t.
I am definitely not a UConn fan.

Uconn has recruited way better. But Pike is the better coach. I think what's goin on - is theirs jealousy & tension throughout the locker room. Our coach is in a tough spot- and it's not his fault

What makes you think UConn is better?

The moment they rejoined the big east was a huge turning point
They will be a top 20 team in short order
Being better than RU right now is not a crazy discussion

I am looking forward to watching Danny coach today. I saw many games that he coached when he was at St. Benedict's. The guy is fiery but his language than was possibly the worst I ever heard from a coach. It was embarrassing. i couldn't understand how a parochial school could keep him. Hopefully he has calmed things down.It should be a real emotional game with him coaching against Seton Hall where he played.

ADVERTISEMENT