ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Unemployment/Helping TKR Community Thread

Wow, I have a friend that retired in Cartagena, his brother ripped somebody off during a land sale, you see in Colombia it’s an eye for an eye so he was gunned down outside his house by a drive bye on a motorcycle. Also you don’t flaunt what you have like everyone here, oh, my wife is also from Cali.

My ex had told me that she and her brothers always thought the armored guards and cars were because of her Mother's family that owned one of the big Emerald mines(dangerous business to be in) but found out after her Dad was gunned down it was for her Dad's shipping empire that was in a more dangerous business...
We didn't last long after that convo...She had not been back to Columbia since she was wisked away to Spain after she witnessed her Dads execution.

Anyway- met my wife shortly after and got to live a much safer life...Though Anna Maria will always be a great memory.

Reactions: RUJohnny
Tough times for so many. I happened to get lucky, financially, retiring in December, but this isn't quite what I envisioned retirement to look like - our first trip was going to be to Northern Italy in the spring. Well, like Pitbull says, every day above ground is a good day...

Reactions: Scarlet1984
I'm on a (hopefully) temporary furlough. I haven't gotten any email or mail instructions though. Is it correct that you have to wait 17 days from file date to certify for benefits for the first time? Also after that do you file every week or every other? Forget about getting someone on the phone. Thanks.

Tough times for so many. I happened to get lucky, financially, retiring in December, but this isn't quite what I envisioned retirement to look like - our first trip was going to be to Northern Italy in the spring. Well, like Pitbull says, every day above ground is a good day...
It will take at least a year to feel comfortable being retire and find your routine.

I'm on a (hopefully) temporary furlough. I haven't gotten any email or mail instructions though. Is it correct that you have to wait 17 days from file date to certify for benefits for the first time? Also after that do you file every week or every other? Forget about getting someone on the phone. Thanks.
File immediately- 1 week before qualifying for benefits. claim each week but look online to see what day and time based on SSN(which @RutgersRaRa can provide if you don't remember it) lol

File immediately- 1 week before qualifying for benefits. claim each week but look online to see what day and time based on SSN(which @RutgersRaRa can provide if you don't remember it) lol
I filed on Monday. So my file date is Sunday, the day before. I haven't received any email for instructions after that. When I log on it does say my status is "filed" and it shows my weekly $$ amount. But I'm a little confused as to when I log on to certify for payments. Do I have to wait 17 days from my file date? That seems like a long time. Then after that is it a weekly or bi-weekly thing to certify for payments?

I filed on Monday. So my file date is Sunday, the day before. I haven't received any email for instructions after that. When I log on it does say my status is "filed" and it shows my weekly $$ amount. But I'm a little confused as to when I log on to certify for payments. Do I have to wait 17 days from my file date? That seems like a long time. Then after that is it a weekly or bi-weekly thing to certify for payments?
You dont wait...you file every single week...they will not pay you for the first week but that week has to be filed regardless. and you file every single week until hired. My wife usually goes to do her claim on Mondays but as of last week- they assigned 1 hour periods on M/T/W for people to file for weekly benefits based on SSN which they post. If you miss your window- you can file anytime after Wed's.

You dont wait...you file every single week...they will not pay you for the first week but that week has to be filed regardless. and you file every single week until hired. My wife usually goes to do her claim on Mondays but as of last week- they assigned 1 hour periods on M/T/W for people to file for weekly benefits based on SSN which they post. If you miss your window- you can file anytime after Wed's.
Thank you, that clears some of it up. Just one think If my file date was this passed Sunday(4/12) making this my first week in the system do I submit my first claim on my assigned SSN day next week or do I have to do it this week? Their weekly calendar runs Sun-Sat.

My son filed for UI about 5 weeks ago and has received payments. Today he received a check for his unused PTO from the employer. Is that reportable income in NJ? It is in NY but not Cali from what I read.

My first thought was it's an accrued benefit, not salary but I don't know if it matters.

Any help?

Retirement is pretty much one of the few things that has keep the financial issues away. Both my wife and I have been retired for many years, and as for myself, having a just not to be bored school crossing guard job, has become a bonanza under the PUA and FPUC payments!!!

Reactions: RU848789
I was talking to someone I know at Unemployment and was told there are several areas creating huge issues

People are putting the incorrect banking information down. Either the wrong routing number or the wrong account number. There are thousands of these. They had to assign 50 people just to deal with these alone

If you do not qualify for a max claim there is a dependency application you can submit. That needs to come with certain documents. There are significant problems with the submission. They had to allocate 25 people to handle these

There were another 50 or so people assigned to call people who submitted the application incorrectly by answering questions wrong or leaving questions unanswered

Then there are a sizeable number of claims being disputed by the employer. I am guessing this has to do with people not showing up to work so they get the extra $600 but the employer disputing the claim.

With 40 million unemployed and a large percentage here in NJ all this stuff plus the volume creates delays for some.

Does anyone know of any reputable charitable organizations that provide directly to families in need as a result of the pandemic?

Looks like NJ is extending unemployment an additional 20 weeks. Now allowing for up to 59 weeks.

Does anyone have a contact at Investors Bank? I'm looking at their job postings in a non-branch level position and curious if they are growing during COVID.

Looks like NJ is extending unemployment an additional 20 weeks. Now allowing for up to 59 weeks.
I'm all for that if they are truly unemployed. If they have been offered their job back with same hours and salary that means they quit and aren't eligible. The extra $600 a week has to be eliminated all together.

I'm all for that if they are truly unemployed. If they have been offered their job back with same hours and salary that means they quit and aren't eligible. The extra $600 a week has to be eliminated all together.
Agree completely- now if a person was making 80k, unemployment with stimulus was getting almost 1400 a week and close to 800 per week without stimulus...and he or she doesn’t want to take a manual job that will pay 600 per week that was not their previous, then it also wouldn’t be fair to force them to take a job like that. Not if they still qualify

haven't been on the board much these days so just seeing this thread. anyone interested in banking, finance, sales, or phone service can reach out. I work for BOA / Merrill.

Sadly where my wife works there were a bunch of people who opted to do that when they started back up.

I just sincerely hope everyone can get back to work and is not out on an extended basis. Hands, fingers, toes and nose crossed!

I just sincerely hope everyone can get back to work and is not out on an extended basis. Hands, fingers, toes and nose crossed!

My daughter went back mid June but it didn't work out and shut down for good earlier this month. They were an exclusive on site provider to a large corporate headquarters who still has everyone working from home.

To try and make up for some missing income, I am selling some unique 2020 themed Christmas ornaments. If so inclined, please check them out by clicking here.

Covid-19%2BChristmas%2BOrnaments.png

Started this on the premium board but dropping here too:

Hey all wanted to start this as my family got the crappy news this morning that my wife was being laid off (along with 40% of her company) due to what’s going on and the state of business.
I start this thread, not as a call for sympathy, but to spark a discussion and get NJ people/Knights helping NJ people/Knights, knowing that millions in America are going through the same thing right now.

So I encourage everyone who may be going through the same thing or knows someone who is to post here and see how we can help. I know it’s a rough time for people to be hiring but there are companies who are doing so or who are looking for freelancers, etc. which can help people get through this tough time.

I start with asking about my wife for anyone who may know of someone hiring in any capacity in NYC or NJ. She has 10+ years experience in fashion PR/consulting and has worked with large scale events (such as NY Fashion Week) as well as large scale clients (Heidi Klum, The Kardashians, Lands End, ALEX AND ANI, etc.). I think she’d be open to a variety of opportunities, even if they fall outside the world of fashion.
Amazon is always hiring!

For those really struggling, my wife and I have been delivering for Uber Eats and Doordash as a side hustle, and you can do ok if you pick the right times to go out. It's incredibly easy right now because 90% of the deliveries are contactless, so there's no interaction with customers at all.

For those really struggling, my wife and I have been delivering for Uber Eats and Doordash as a side hustle, and you can do ok if you pick the right times to go out. It's incredibly easy right now because 90% of the deliveries are contactless, so there's no interaction with customers at all.

I was talking to a Uber driver who does this full time. Does regular Uber from about 10a to 3/4p in the afternoon then mostly UE from about 4-8/9p. He rents a car weekly which keeps the wear and tear off his own vehicle. Says what he makes on the first day of the week usually covers his weekly rental

Reactions: redking
Figured I'd take a shot here. I'm looking for a part-time job on weekday mornings. I have a full-time overnight job and was delivering car parts in the mornings until all part-timers were laid off in March. Since then I have been working at Amazon but am looking to get out of there. I'm looking to make an extra 250-300 a week with this side job, preferably 3 or 4 days a week, done around noonish so I have time to sleep afterwards. I leave work in Jersey City at 6am so I can start any time after that. If it helps, I have a Class B CDL with airbrake, tanker, and haz-mat endorsements.

If there is any opportunity to go full-time later on, even better. At my current full-time job, new hires are temps for 18 months. My 18 month anniversary is April 25th and there are rumors that all temps are being let go 10 days before that, so I might be looking for something full-time in a few months too.

I know my availability is pretty slim, but if anyone has an opening that fits my schedule, feel free to email me at robcac26@gmail.com.

My daughter's place shut down in October. Just losing too much $ to stay open under the restrictions the were dealing with. Other than trying Uber Eats for a while she was out of work. Out of the blue last week her old employer called her offering a new position at the same level that had opened up elsewhere. She gladly accepted and started immediately.

I am looking for a tasting room manager at Unionville Vineyards. Hospitality and sales background, wine interest all required. Weekend work required. Pay is 50-55 based on maturity and skills. Pm me for more info

My daughter will be graduating from TCNJ in May. She is looking for an entry level position in the Mercer, Middlesex, Somerset, Union counties areas. She will have a BA in Women’s Studies, with a double minor in Management and Marketing. She would prefer to go into the marketing field.

Looking for PT/FT landscape lighting technicians. Officer in mercer county but we work all around nj, so would consider pt help from other areas. Outdoor position. Mostly burying wires, wiring new fixtures and troubleshooting old systems. $20+/hr

ADVERTISEMENT