ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Univ. of Alabama Has 531 New Covid Cases Since Classes Resumed

Knight Shift

Legend
May 19, 2011
Jersey Shore
In addition to the 311 upon entry. Where are the tough guys who want to prop up the SEC?
SEC, SEC, SEC!!!!

Tip of the hat to @ArminRU --this is a bit of a blow up.

The news came six hours after the City of Tuscaloosa announced bars would be closed for the next two weeks and bar service at restaurants must cease.

“Our challenge is not the students,” UA president Stuart Bell said Monday morning. “Our challenge is the virus and there’s a difference, folks. What we have to do is identify where does the virus thrive and where does the virus spread and how can we work together with our students, with our faculty and with our staff to make sure that we minimize those places, those incidents. It’s not student behavior, OK. It’s how do we have protocols so that we make it to where our students can be successful, and we can minimize the impact of the virus.”

Friend said they were working on getting additional space on top of the 450 beds already in place to isolate and quarantine students either exposed to the virus or have tested positive.
UA vice president for Student Life Myron Pope told student leaders last Friday they were on pace to fill those spaces within the next week and a half, according to audio of the meeting acquired by AL.com.

It will be interesting to see if any SEC school(other than Vandy) reports any football player infections now because they would then have to pause which would cut into prep time for the first game. Can't have that.

Reactions: Kbee3 and Unionst
I said it before. They are not cancelling football in an election year. They will play Alabama vs Auburn 10 times if they have too. This is political

So they want everyone to believe students aren't getting the virus from frat parties and other large gatherings. 🤔🤥🤫

Reactions: RU22
Yep. Can't say I am totally against it. A couple of investments, one in particular, will pay out when this happens. If you can't beat em, monetize em!

I honestly don't believe there are any number of cases that will shut some schools down, including Alabama. It's definitely an approach that is different than what we're in. I guess we will see how it plays out in the end!

I'd say more. I now know 1 kid who officially had it. He didn't even know it.

My niece is staying in a house at the Jersey shore with a bunch of her college friends. Eight girls are staying in one house, and they share a common area with another house that is occupied by eight guys that are also college friends of theirs. So that’s 16 guys and girls total, all living in close proximity to each other. And as you can imagine the number swells to around 50 on the weekends.

About a month into the summer they got word that one of the visitors developed a mild fever and tested positive for covid, so all 16 of the full time residents went to get tested. Wouldn’t you know it, they all tested positive. Every single one of them. But the interesting thing is this, according to my niece none of them were symptomatic. She says that if they hadn’t gotten word that they were exposed to someone who was hanging around with them all weekend none of them would have even bothered to get tested. Take this anecdotal case for what it’s worth but the story is 100% true.

ADVERTISEMENT