ADVERTISEMENT

OT: UPDATE: "We are retightening the restriction on indoor gatherings"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tango Two

Aug 21, 2001
North Brunswick, New Jersey
UPDATE: We are retightening the restriction on indoor gatherings.

Until further notice, indoor gatherings are now limited to 25% of a room’s capacity – with a MAXIMUM of 25 persons, down from 100.

To be clear, this tightening caps indoor house parties at 25 people – period.

116661460_3012260665566600_8623797605998523324_o.jpg

Until further notice, indoor gatherings are now limited to 25% of a room’s capacity – with a MAXIMUM of 25 persons, down from 100.

That statement is fraught in ambiguities.

"25% of a room's capacity--with a maximum of 25 people:"

Does it only apply to rooms having a maximum capacity of 25 people?

If the room holds 10,000 people (arena, etc), are only 25 people permitted, or is 2500 OK?

Does this mean we can have more than 500 people at SHI stadium since it is not indoor? :Chop banana:

The true nature of this circus won’t be evident until October...then watch out!!!

It's funny because the more in control Covid get in Ca., the more they are locking things down.

Reactions: socaldave
It's funny because the more in control Covid get in Ca., the more they are locking things down.
That’s not funny...that’s on purpose. Newsom knows what’s good for you better than you could ever and you WILL like it...and thank him...:Wink:

Reactions: Spare130

If the room holds 10,000 people (arena, etc), are only 25 people permitted, or is 2500 OK?

Does this mean we can have more than 500 people at SHI stadium since it is not indoor? :Chop banana:
glasshalffull.gif

Lesser of 25% of capacity or 25 people

How does this work if you’re hassidic or want to protest racial inequality? Do you get to do whatever the eff you want?

...asking for a friend

Reactions: Mr Magoo and JRZEER
if he would only use plain English:

no more than 25 people at any home get together or venue, no matter the capacity of the venue.

Covid knows to stay away from weddings, funerals, houses of worship and political gatherings so they can have more people.
Wait? So Covid is woke and self aware? Remarkable!!!

no more than 25 people at any home get together or venue, no matter the capacity of the venue.

Covid knows to stay away from weddings, funerals, houses of worship and political gatherings so they can have more people.
You call yourself a nurse? [roll]:Wink:

Reactions: MrsScrew

The exceptions are stupid. I think the wording around 25% or 25 max likely has to do with businesses that may be smaller in physical size? Cramming 25 people into some of the retail space in Hoboken for example wouldn’t make sense. Just a guess though.

“But Murphy scaled back indoor limits to 25 people Monday, with exceptions for weddings, funerals and religious and political events.”

Why have exceptions if the decision is based on science? Murphy again picking the winners, but mostly the losers in the current environment.

Following in Cuomo’s footsteps.

https://nypost.com/2020/08/03/83-percent-of-nyc-restaurants-bars-unable-to-pay-full-rent-survey/
exactly! Murphy is a jackass who doesn't know what the hell he is doing. This SHOULD be the order, "Those who are above the age of 65 and/or under the age of 65 with serious health issues should quarantine themselves, everyone else should socially distance and go about your business". These rules Murphy has us all under are arbitrary and not science based at all. Murphy is a jackass!

exactly! Murphy is a jackass who doesn't know what the hell he is doing. This SHOULD be the order, "Those who are above the age of 65 and/or under the age of 65 with serious health issues should quarantine themselves, everyone else should socially distance and go about your business". These rules Murphy has us all under are arbitrary and not science based at all. Murphy is a jackass!
What if they need income to support themselves?

Reactions: Greg2020
The exceptions are stupid. I think the wording around 25% or 25 max likely has to do with businesses that may be smaller in physical size? Cramming 25 people into some of the retail space in Hoboken for example wouldn’t make sense. Just a guess though.

I'm sure....but can I cram 25 people into a studio apartment in Hoboken? Who is checking?

I'm sure....but can I cram 25 people into a studio apartment in Hoboken? Who is checking?
I’d assume it’s in order to 1) establish guidance, and 2) be able to penalize people for violating the guidance. There’s no secret police force that will be going around to homes, but if a neighbor submits a complaint for example this allows for proper consequences.

Reactions: RU205 and Greg2020
Here we go...., and they expect to have classes in schools??
That’s very different but nice attempt at equating kids going back to school in the fall with the idiots packed into bars and large house parties as well as shoulder to shoulder on the beaches and boardwalks. Hawaii presently doing this as well after this weekend ....same problems ...

That idea doesn't work. It's been exposed as a nonstarter over and over again.

The guys still has over a 60% approval rating, unless that is an old survey. I was way onboard with flattening the curve. It made sense to me to have a ventilator available for those that needed one, give someone a fighting chance if they were one of the unlucky ones. Don't overwhelm the medical professionals.

Now we've shifted to life will never be normal again unless the virus goes away (not likely), we build herd immunity without a vaccine (will take 7 years at this rate), or the vaccine is rolled out and we are forced to get it. Option 3 sounds the most likely and that timeline puts us to April 2021 as a best case scenario.

Indoor dining, movies, gyms all next spring. No in person school all of next school year.

Why don't I ever get called to participate in these approval rating surveys?

The guys still has over a 60% approval rating, unless that is an old survey. I was way onboard with flattening the curve. It made sense to me to have a ventilator available for those that needed one, give someone a fighting chance if they were one of the unlucky ones. Don't overwhelm the medical professionals.

Now we've shifted to life will never be normal again unless the virus goes away (not likely), we build herd immunity without a vaccine (will take 7 years at this rate), or the vaccine is rolled out and we are forced to get it. Option 3 sounds the most likely and that timeline puts us to April 2021 as a best case scenario.

Indoor dining, movies, gyms all next spring. No in person school all of next school year.

I just wish the governor would be honest and proclaim that he wants complete control over our lives. Then I'd have some respect for him.

Sure.. his buddy's 500-person wedding is over. Why not?

Murphy has to do his part to keep the pain level high until election day.. justify mail-in ballots, ballot harvesting and cheating by Dems

If no school all of next year the fallout which occurs within 3 years will be catastrophic to those communities that need all the education they can get. It is exactly what people have talked about . Talk to teachers in those disadvantaged districts... those kids will be left further and further back... only a minute number of children wholeheartedly participated in virtual or online learning ... most had little to no direct parental guidance or controls ... New York / Long Island it was a Sh&$&$&t show... Thankfully , I believe the governor of NJ wants the kids to go back to classes .... for that matter some 50% of parents do as well ...11% say no ...35% not sure... I know Andrew Cuomo does... something has to give ... if you have an outbreak you close the school or schools for a month ... At the holidays ... close for a month ...we have to adjust and learn... you know who would be great for planning...you are gonna laugh BWTF .... Greg Schiano ...along with the medical folks.... treat it like winning a huge game...The guy is a planning nut so that’s my choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT