ADVERTISEMENT

OT: UPDATE: "We are retightening the restriction on indoor gatherings"

Status
Not open for further replies.
If things get bad enough again, those gatherings will be shut down too. This really isn’t difficult to understand. The worse the spread, the tighter the restrictions.

I just think it should be all or nothing. That’s all.

I’ll have a house party next week and just call it a “political gathering”.

so stupid

But many people who would take advantage spread to others. In NJ Rutgers football, Lifeguards in a couple towns, and the HS graduation in Sea Girt are recent examples.
That’s the risk.

Interesting to see, thru tracing, who ends up dying from these.

If he’s banning house parties because “virus spreads easily in indoor groups”..shouldn’t he ban weddings and funerals because “virus spreads easily in indoor groups”?

It’s not about virus spread anymore, unfortunately.

If he banned everything, the same whiners here would be complaining 10 times as loudly. Just like they were when stricter bans were in place.

This seems like the gov't trying to slow the virus while causing less imposition (than making sweeping restrictions on all possible event types). Isn't that better?

Yet as has been shown the only verified mail in/harvesting fraud in '18 was by Republicans in NC

It's so cute you and others keep ignoring that fact. Guess it never made it into the talking points.

So? That only proves it is possible, right?

That's the only one that was discovered. You know where there's one there is more.. right?

Heck.. the GOPers doping that probably helped CAUSE this push for mail-in ballots and ballot harvesting. Ballot harvesting is the real issue. It should not be allowed.. PERIOD. Your mail carrier or mailbox should be your "ballot harvester".

If he banned everything, the same whiners here would be complaining 10 times as loudly. Just like they were when stricter bans were in place.

This seems like the gov't trying to slow the virus while causing less imposition (than making sweeping restrictions on all possible event types). Isn't that better?

so he’s doing this so people don’t whine?? Kinda my point..ALL political!

Not what I said. And you haven't made a point.

you said if he banned everything, people would whine.

But he says he’s following data. If he’s following data which says the virus spreads indoors..he would ban ALL indoor activities.

he’s not following data. He’s not following science. If he were he’d ban everything as science shows the virus doesn’t know what’s a funeral, wedding, house party or political event.

he made this decision..-as you suggested..so people don’t whine. Purely political, unfortunately

If things get bad enough again, those gatherings will be shut down too. This really isn’t difficult to understand. The worse the spread, the tighter the restrictions.
We just went from a 7 day average of 396 new cases to 349 new cases. Yet more restrictions, so yea it's hard to understand the rationale?

Reactions: mikemarc1
you said if he banned everything, people would whine.

But he says he’s following data. If he’s following data which says the virus spreads indoors..he would ban ALL indoor activities.

he’s not following data. He’s not following science. If he were he’d ban everything as science shows the virus doesn’t know what’s a funeral, wedding, house party or political event.

he made this decision..-as you suggested..so people don’t whine. Purely political, unfortunately

That doesn't suggest causation in reverse.

All governments have been attempting to manage the virus versus other public good considerations the entire time. This isn't new. If today's actions don't have the desired result, maybe you'll get those funeral and wedding bans you desire so badly. So ...*fingers crossed*!?

Reactions: Greg2020
So? That only proves it is possible, right?

That's the only one that was discovered. You know where there's one there is more.. right?

Heck.. the GOPers doping that probably helped CAUSE this push for mail-in ballots and ballot harvesting. Ballot harvesting is the real issue. It should not be allowed.. PERIOD. Your mail carrier or mailbox should be your "ballot harvester".

No I don't. Please provide proof not what you want to believe.

It seems only one side or should I say 1 person keeps screaming about it. The GOP other than the butt kissers supports mail in, the Dems support mail in.

We know who doesn't and why. Hint: It has nothing to do with fraud.

Last edited:
That’s very different but nice attempt at equating kids going back to school in the fall with the idiots packed into bars and large house parties as well as shoulder to shoulder on the beaches and boardwalks. Hawaii presently doing this as well after this weekend ....same problems ...
So NJ is getting tougher restriction because there was crowded bars in another state??

Reactions: MrsScrew
No I don't. Please provide proof not what you want to believe.

It seems only one side or should I say person keeps screaming about it. The GOP other than the butt kissers supports mail in, the Dems support mail in.

We know who doesn't and why. Hint: It has nothing to do with fraud.
Explain this then.. if that GOP cheating in ballot harvesting was so bad.. why are Dems forcing ballot-harvesting on us in all these CoVid Bill negotiations?

If they are as offended by the NC case as you are, why aren't they AGAINST ballot-harvesting?

California ballot harvesting statistical unlikelihood

Paterson NJ Ballot harvesting fraud

Democrats use CoVid Relief Bill to push Ballot Harvesting

Last edited:
That doesn't suggest causation in reverse.

All governments have been attempting to manage the virus versus other public good considerations the entire time. This isn't new. If today's actions don't have the desired result, maybe you'll get those funeral and wedding bans you desire so badly. So ...*fingers crossed*!?

Not at all. That would mean it’s getting worse.

again I don’t want funerals and weddings banned. I don’t want house parties banned.

I want all indoor activities treated the same..cause the virus treats all indoor activities the same.

it’s not hard to understand my position here, I don’t think

Explain this then.. if that GOP cheating in ballot harvesting was so bad.. why are Dems forcing ballot-harvesting on us in all these CoVid Bill negotiations?

If they are as offended by the NC case as you are, why aren't they AGAINST ballot-harvesting?

California ballot harvesting statistical unlikelihood

Paterson NJ Ballot harvesting fraud

"While no hard evidence is available". That makes it nothing more than an opinion.

Mail in voting is supported by members of both parties because they know people shouldn't have to risk their health to vote like what happened with the Wisconsin Primary.

Reactions: Greg2020
Not at all. That would mean it’s getting worse.

again I don’t want funerals and weddings banned. I don’t want house parties banned.

I want all indoor activities treated the same..cause the virus treats all indoor activities the same.

it’s not hard to understand my position here, I don’t think

It's even less difficult to understand the government's position.

2 things:

1. This change was made based on the mysterious "proprietary" Rt model the state uses. Somehow this value has been increasing fairly significantly over the past 2 weeks while case growth has show marginal to no growth (based on SDMA) and spot positivity remains low with no increase. SDMA key hospitalization indicators continue to decline. So I have no idea what drives this Rt value.

2. This isn't capping indoor retail/shopping right? That would be absurd.

Yeah, I'm sure this house party ban is going to be the big difference-maker in the presidential election.

Cool talking point.

I don’t think it’s gonna be the difference maker. At least I hope not.

That may be true. I apologized to @MrsScrew thru DM. I don’t know her at all.
There are a few people on this board that I thought I would never get along with. After meeting them in person, they were completely different from the person I thought they would be based on their online personna.
The pandemic and restrictions are bound to cause sharp differences in opinions. We each have our own reasons and experiences that inform our opinions.

All of that said, you should try one of @MrsScrew 's tailgates in the blue lot.

Last edited:
Reactions: beaced and scripts
It's even less difficult to understand the government's position.
I understand their position. They want to win an election
Yeah, I'm sure this house party ban is going to be the big difference-maker in the presidential election.

Cool talking point.
I don’t think it’s gonna be the difference maker. At least I hope not.
It’s just another spoke in the wheel of chaos.:Shocked

Why dont you people just shut the f up and do what needs to be done and gets this over with already
Spend more time whining about shit then actually doing something about it. just put on a mask and get this done!!

Why dont you people just shut the f up and do what needs to be done and gets this over with already
Spend more time whining about shit then actually doing something about it. just put on a mask and get this done!!
I think a few of us feel the same way about your whining on this too.

Thought for sure you’d be here much earlier than the 3rd page. :Chop banana:

There are a few people on this board that I would never get along with. After meeting them in person, they were completely different from the person I thought they would be based on their online personna.
The pandemic and restrictions are bound to cause sharp differences in opinions. We each have our own reasons and experiences that inform our opinions.

All of that said, you should try one of @MrsScrew 's tailgates in the blue lot.
I would love too. I do actually get along with everyone I meet in real life.

Reactions: Knight Shift

banning house parties isn’t going to “get this over with”. He can’t half ass it if he wants to get it over with.

ban everything indoors or let people congregate indoors no matter the occasion.

Say what you want. We are down to 32,000 active cases in the state. He's done a great job to date. If state residents are going to act like children, then they need to be treated like children.
“But Murphy scaled back indoor limits to 25 people Monday, with exceptions for weddings, funerals and religious and political events.”

Why have exceptions if the decision is based on science? Murphy again picking the winners, but mostly the losers in the current environment.

Following in Cuomo’s footsteps.

https://nypost.com/2020/08/03/83-percent-of-nyc-restaurants-bars-unable-to-pay-full-rent-survey/
t

Reactions: mosito
I don’t think so.

All you ever do is complain. About everything and everyone.
Green Day wrote a song about him:

N9YW.gif

A good move that I’m sure he didn’t want to have to take. If people are going to dig in their heels and refuse to see why it’s important to take measures to reduce crowds at teenage/college house parties while allowing small funerals and weddings to proceed, that’s on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT