ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Urban Meyer Story

Doesn't surprise me, a bunch of overpaid cry babies mad they have to compete for a job and it wasnt the ole boys club. Not surprised Meyer wouldn't work in that system either. Now said cry babies need the suit because they wont be getting paid by any other NFL teams because they are losers, just like Meyer said.

Reactions: Mr Magoo
If he’s that good as the article and the numbers seem to say, why isn’t he signed?

Doesn't surprise me, a bunch of overpaid cry babies mad they have to compete for a job and it wasnt the ole boys club. Not surprised Meyer wouldn't work in that system either. Now said cry babies need the suit because they wont be getting paid by any other NFL teams because they are losers, just like Meyer said.

If he’s that good as the article and the numbers seem to say, why isn’t he signed?
because there is a very real blacklist in the NFL...
without it, he most likely would have been signed somewhere and the lawsuit wouldn't be happening. The lawsuit is most likely because this "cry baby" most likely understands he has been black balled out of the league...

because there is a very real blacklist in the NFL...
without it, he most likely would have been signed somewhere and the lawsuit wouldn't be happening. The lawsuit is most likely because this "cry baby" most likely understands he has been black balled out of the league...
And why would a NFL team black list someone because of Meyer who did less than 1 year in the league and will never return? NFL sign murderers and rapists if it helps them win so the black list conspiracy theory is hilarious.

Reactions: vkj91
And why would a NFL team black list someone because of Meyer who did less than 1 year in the league and will never return? NFL sign murderers and rapists if it helps them win so the black list conspiracy theory is hilarious.
The blacklist is very real. And while Meyer was only there less than a year and he sucked…he has ALOT of friends.
and lickers, unless one of the legendary guys or extremely elite, can be replaced. Much like a borderline starter who is good enough to start but has to fight for his job each year.
these guys, if they get in their HC face and the HC wants to make you as a trouble maker, the inner circle word spreads quick and it can be harsh.

The blacklist is very real. And while Meyer was only there less than a year and he sucked…he has ALOT of friends.
and lickers, unless one of the legendary guys or extremely elite, can be replaced. Much like a borderline starter who is good enough to start but has to fight for his job each year.
these guys, if they get in their HC face and the HC wants to make you as a trouble maker, the inner circle word spreads quick and it can be harsh.
So your definition of a black list is someone's behavior being reported to a future potential employer when asked, something that happens in every industry?

Hiring Manager: *Calls previous employer* -- Goes to voicemail -- Hey this is hiring manager call me back if you would recommend I hired over paid cry baby for this position.

* No calls back *

I’m going with yesrutgers01 on this one.

Kickers are a dime a dozen. Although Lambo had success in the past, he struggled early in the 2021 season. Blaming Meyer in his lawsuit for his kicking problems seems frivolous to me. Who wants to be the next owner to sign this problem child and risk a future lawsuit on his team?

Now if this was a QB, WR or RB the calculus of the situation is very different imo, but kickers are easily replaced.

Last edited:
Reactions: yesrutgers01
I just don’t see Urban Meyer having that kind of juice in the NFL.

Belichek, Carroll, Andy Reid sure.
I agree, I can't see anyone in the NFL taking advice from Urban Meyer on players. Especially after the absolute train wreck he orchestrated. Sounds like a player at the end of his career who's trying for one last pay day. However, that doesn't change the fact that Meyer's still a scumbag.

Last edited:
I’m going with yesrutgers01 on this one.

Kickers are a dime a dozen. Although Lambo had success in the past, he struggled early in the 2021 season. Blaming Meyer in his lawsuit for his kicking problems seems frivolous to me. Who wants to be the next owner to sign this problem child and risk a future lawsuit on his team?

Now if this was a QB, WR or RB the calculus of the situation is very different imo, but kickers are easily replaced.
A different coach like those listed above, sure.

I just don’t see it for this guy.

But do agree the kicker might have as the ole coach says… “I didn’t cut you, you cut yourself.”

Urban Meyer shows that anyone can coach OSU. If you stack a team three deep with NFL prospects, you have to be a total loser not to win the Big Ten every year. But a team is not three-deep with All Pro in the NFL, especially the Jaguars. And you see what happens. The same thing would happen to Saban.
NFL is very hard to succeed.

This clown blacklisted himself by making a lot of noise in the press about a non-event. Is he trying to say Urban took a running start and teed off on him like taking a penalty kick?

There will be a settlement, no coach should ever put his hands on a player. I saw it many times, didn’t like it then and don’t like it now.

So your definition of a black list is someone's behavior being reported to a future potential employer when asked, something that happens in every industry?

Hiring Manager: *Calls previous employer* -- Goes to voicemail -- Hey this is hiring manager call me back if you would recommend I hired over paid cry baby for this position.

* No calls back *
No one calls the previous manager anymore. 90% of people moving on to a new job are doing so while currently employed.
mans if you are going back earlier than the most recent, that manager has most likely moved on and if you don’t now that company- how are you finding the previous manager and if you do, they ain’t talking beyond work dates and title.

just saying 😜

No one calls the previous manager anymore. 90% of people moving on to a new job are doing so while currently employed.
mans if you are going back earlier than the most recent, that manager has most likely moved on and if you don’t now that company- how are you finding the previous manager and if you do, they ain’t talking beyond work dates and title.

just saying 😜
Especially when he’s been fired, like Meyer.

Urban Meyer shows that anyone can coach OSU. If you stack a team three deep with NFL prospects, you have to be a total loser not to win the Big Ten every year. But a team is not three-deep with All Pro in the NFL, especially the Jaguars. And you see what happens. The same thing would happen to Saban.
Nfl is a different ball game. Meyer is a great college coach . He was great before he got to OSU

No doubt the UM experiment was a failure in Jacksonville. However, suggesting he’s not an elite college coach is crazy. He won everywhere he’s been.

No doubt the UM experiment was a failure in Jacksonville. However, suggesting he’s not an elite college coach is crazy. He won everywhere he’s been.
I wasn’t suggesting that at all.

I just don’t he has the juice to blacklist hardly anyone at the NFL level.

I wasn’t suggesting that at all.

I just don’t he has the juice to blacklist hardly anyone at the NFL level.
Yeah- but once he puts it out there this guy is trouble in the locker room- others are going to stay away. It isn’t about UM’s juice so much but if any coach puts that out on a borderline guy, they will have a very tough time getting a new team.

Reactions: Knightmoves
Yeah- but once he puts it out there this guy is trouble in the locker room- others are going to stay away. It isn’t about UM’s juice so much but if any coach puts that out on a borderline guy, they will have a very tough time getting a new team.
From his numbers this kicker, up until then, wasn’t really borderline but really good.

Maybe like most kickers he was a little squirrelly to begin with. LOL

See post above about cutting (blacklisting) yourself. This guy (Kapernick) is the poster child.
Kapernick took a stance the NFL and politicians didn't like it and poof no career.
Some say it's his talent not being worthy to even be a backup , others say blacklist victim.
But either way his BFL days are over

From his numbers this kicker, up until then, wasn’t really borderline but really good.

Maybe like most kickers he was a little squirrelly to begin with. LOL
The thing with kickers- while he was good…he was not “elite” and obviously became a head case after his run in with UM and couldn’t hit anything to start the year. But since there is only one per team, there are usually other good kickers somewhere out there.

Kapernick took a stance the NFL and politicians didn't like it and poof no career.
Some say it's his talent not being worthy to even be a backup , others say blacklist victim.
Kap's career was essentially over before the whole "look at me! I'm a hero AND a victim!" tour. If he was worth AF, he'd be killing it in one of the lesser leagues and rubbing their faces in it. The guy is a grifter and a fraud.

Kap's career was essentially over before the whole "look at me! I'm a hero AND a victim!" tour. If he was worth AF, he'd be killing it in one of the lesser leagues and rubbing their faces in it. The guy is a grifter and a fraud.
If guys like Curtis painter and Nate scuffled were on rosters , kapernick was still good enough to be employed.
Hell Tyrod Taylor is still around !

Have you actually seen some of the starters and backups since 2016. Your post is just ignorant. He was blacklist as he was no longer a SB type starting QB so no one was going to want him. If not for his protest, he could have went almost anywhere as a backup with a chance to start.

Reactions: Plum Street
LOL, look at some of the back-up QBs signed and tell me that they have more talent then Colin.
He isn't a top notch starter caliber, but as a back up he still outshines some of the ones signed instead of him
Grifters don't get this type of treatment

Awards and honors​

Reactions: jsol_05
Football teams don't like distractions. And good olde Kap decided to make himself the Mother of all distractions. Training camp would have been a media, political and protesting circus. There's not one coach out there who's going to sign up for that, especially for a maybe backup QB.

Last edited:
Reactions: motorb54 and bitnez
Football teams don't like distractions. And good olde Kap decided to make himself the Mother of all distractions. Training camp would have been a media, political and protesting circus. There's not one coach out there who's going to sign up for that, for a maybe backup QB.
this I can agree with and will add many in the hiring end of game didn't like the way he was protesting and wanted no part of him on their team.
As for lockerroom environment, some players strongly supported Colin, others agreed with his POV but didn't want to be involved, while other players strongly opposed the way he was protesting.
Coach's might have feared a divided lockeroom and that could affect the w-l column , making for another reason to sign less talented backups, but ones that would be accepted by the whole team .

Colin took a stance and paid for it.
He also refused to back down after seeing it was destroying his career.
That type of dedication, to a cause,needs to be commended.

UM is a bonehead but he was a great college coach, no disputing this fact.

LOL, look at some of the back-up QBs signed and tell me that they have more talent then Colin.
He isn't a top notch starter caliber, but as a back up he still outshines some of the ones signed instead of him
Grifters don't get this type of treatment

Awards and honors​

That's some serious cut and paste PR there brother.

Just because his publicity folks get his name attached to a slew of Nike donations to a bunch of social justice outfits does not make him some kind of philanthropist.
The "awards and honors" list is a joke. I put as much weight in those as I do in the academy awards, worthless.
The league employs thugs and murderers if they think it will help them win. Nobody is putting their ass out a window for this guy. He is not worth it.
Again, go show off those tremendous skills in Canada or USFL if he's so damn good.
Owners and coaches are saying " don't go away mad, just go away". You like this guy so much, YOU hire him with YOUR $. Stop telling other folks how to run their business.

Reactions: motorb54
That's some serious cut and paste PR there brother.

Just because his publicity folks get his name attached to a slew of Nike donations to a bunch of social justice outfits does not make him some kind of philanthropist.
The "awards and honors" list is a joke. I put as much weight in those as I do in the academy awards, worthless.
The league employs thugs and murderers if they think it will help them win. Nobody is putting their ass out a window for this guy. He is not worth it.
Again, go show off those tremendous skills in Canada or USFL if he's so damn good.
Owners and coaches are saying " don't go away mad, just go away". You like this guy so much, YOU hire him with YOUR $. Stop telling other folks how to run their business.
some serious anger there towards someone that doesn't agree with you.
Your opinions on awards, charities I don't agree with and the talent assessment you have doesn't hold water when comparing Colin to some of the back-up QBs signed by NFL teams so the blacklisting of him by the NFL Owners is true.
He made the derision to take a stance in an unpopular way and stuck with it.
No need to claim anything else is the reason he's not playing.

As for your telling businesses how to be run. rant
throw-our-heads-back-laughing.gif

edited to admit it was a cut and paste when posting about charitable donations and honors received.
Yes it was good PR, but also easily found and valid

Never anger from me @MADHAT1 . All good on my end. We disagree and have a (sometimes spirited) debate about things
. I love hearing opposite opinions from mine. I'll be the first guy to defend your right to counter my points and tell me you think I'm wrong. We may see the world differently sometimes, but ultimately we are all on the same team. Lots of folks lose sight of that fact. Anybody who knows me knows I'm as easy going as there is. Always down for a good debate though😎

Reactions: MADHAT1
The thing with kickers- while he was good…he was not “elite” and obviously became a head case after his run in with UM and couldn’t hit anything to start the year. But since there is only one per team, there are usually other good kickers somewhere out there.
6th highest filed goal percentage in NFL history! I'd say elite for sure.

6th highest filed goal percentage in NFL history! I'd say elite for sure.
He is good. But elite would have more than a single 2nd team AP. And then to go miss the first 3 after the incident. Makes him very replaceable.

ADVERTISEMENT