ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Urban Meyer Story

Yep . Difference is owners blacklisted kapernick .
Nah he is just isnt good... Throw in baggage and there is no reason to sign him. If he was actually good they would have signed him. The NFL has no problem with America haters, murderers and rapists, only caveat is you have to be good at your job. Colins job is to cry and make noise for money now, not to play football and football teams dont want to give him a platform for his new gig. Race hustling is more profitable than being a 3rd string QB getting cut every few months.

Nah he is just isnt good... Throw in baggage and there is no reason to sign him. If he was actually good they would have signed him. The NFL has no problem with America haters, murderers and rapists, only caveat is you have to be good at your job. Colins job is to cry and make noise for money now, not to play football and football teams dont want to give him a platform for his new gig. Race hustling is more profitable than being a 3rd string QB getting cut every few months.
Yes , if kapernick was a starter he would have been signed . But he was still good enough to be a backup and that’s why he was blacklisted

The alleged "kick" seems ridiculous. Player says he was in the "lunge" position... would make sense if Meyer walked by and used his foot to touch the guy to get his attention to say what he said.

Yes , if kapernick was a starter he would have been signed . But he was still good enough to be a backup and that’s why he was blacklisted
Let's slap some reality in here...

CK was
196-331 59.2% 16 TD 4 Int 468 rushing for another 2 TD

Fitzpatrick on Jets
228-403 56.6% 2710 12 TD 17 Int 130 rushing 0 TD
had no problem getting another job

Jet's backup QB B. Petty has for his career
130-245 53.1% 1353 4 TD 10 Int 72 rushing 0 TD

Giants backup is Geno - nuff said, no stats needed.

Kap was plenty good enough to still be playing and starting on a number of teams.

2016 Notable QB's rated lower than CK
Brees
Manning
Rivers
Fitz
Cam Newton
Winston
Wentz
Flacco
Palmer

2017 notable QB's lower than CK's 2016
Dalton
Carr
Palmer
Cutler
Manning
Flacco
Marriota
Trubisky

I don't think Kaepernick was blacklisted. I think Goodell would have been very happy if someone had signed him. And yes, he was certainly good enough to make an NFL roster. I think that each owner independently concluded that he wasn't worth riling up their fanbase.

I remember Pete Carroll explaining that the Seahawks were passing on him because he was too good to be a backup. What a crock.

I don't think Kaepernick was blacklisted. I think Goodwill would have been very happy if someone had signed him. And yes, he was certainly good enough to make an NFL roster. I think that each owner independently concluded that he wasn't worth riling up their fanbase.
Straight up blacklisted but you are also right, no owner was going to sign him as their fanbases would have gone nuts.
And yet, if A Hernandez had his charges dropped based on a police screwup- almost every team would have been lining up to sign him and.
Hell- Pittsburgh and Baltimore were more than happy to have a rapist and murderer playing on their teams and their fanbases loved it.

Let's slap some reality in here...

CK was
196-331 59.2% 16 TD 4 Int 468 rushing for another 2 TD

Fitzpatrick on Jets
228-403 56.6% 2710 12 TD 17 Int 130 rushing 0 TD
had no problem getting another job

Jet's backup QB B. Petty has for his career
130-245 53.1% 1353 4 TD 10 Int 72 rushing 0 TD

Giants backup is Geno - nuff said, no stats needed.

Kap was plenty good enough to still be playing and starting on a number of teams.

2016 Notable QB's rated lower than CK
Brees
Manning
Rivers
Fitz
Cam Newton
Winston
Wentz
Flacco
Palmer

2017 notable QB's lower than CK's 2016
Dalton
Carr
Palmer
Cutler
Manning
Flacco
Marriota
Trubisky
2016 is 6 years ago. QBs have a good year then completely suck the next. Obviously you are going to believe what you want because it is religion to you but the NFL doesnt give a shit if someone is a America hating commie or a murderer like Ray Lewis. If you are good at football they will sign you, period.

There are thousands of examples of terrible people being signed because they are good. If Kap was good he would've been signed.

2016 is 6 years ago. QBs have a good year then completely suck the next. Obviously you are going to believe what you want because it is religion to you but the NFL doesnt give a shit if someone is a America hating commie or a murderer like Ray Lewis. If you are good at football they will sign you, period.

There are thousands of examples of terrible people being signed because they are good. If Kap was good he would've been signed.
Colin was different than murders , raspiest and druggies, they didn't draw out the hate from the politicians like Kap did and have politicians ready to start going after the NFL if Colin was given a fair opportunity to prove he was still NFL material.
The owners didn't want the political blow-back if they signed Colin.
When Gypsies, tramps and thieves are given a spot on roster a little condemnation will be heard,
with the hub-bub over the signing dying out quickly .
but Kap was a different breed of complaint , one politicians used to express a point about patriotism and the owners were not going to act against what those politicians were doing and watch their fan base claim the NFL was ant-American by signing someone like Kap.

Lewis and others being signed didn't have a political element involved , Kaepernick brought that to the NFL table and that's why his chair was kept from him

Colin was different than murders , raspiest and druggies, they didn't draw out the hate from the politicians like Kap did and have politicians ready to start going after the NFL if Colin was given a fair opportunity to prove he was still NFL material.
The owners didn't want the political blow-back if they signed Colin.
When Gypsies, tramps and thieves are given a spot on roster a little condemnation will be heard,
with the hub-bub over the signing dying out quickly .
but Kap was a different breed of complaint , one politicians used to express a point about patriotism and the owners were not going to act against what those politicians were doing and watch their fan base claim the NFL was ant-American by signing someone like Kap.

Lewis and others being signed didn't have a political element involved , Kaepernick brought that to the NFL table and that's why his chair was kept from him
A lot of truth in this but this was the biggest difference. A murderer, a rapist, etc...those things do not resonate personally to everyone. We all know there are people that murder and rape but we also know 100% what it is and that it has nothing to do with who we are. But, you bring race and equality into the discussion- it makes people very uncomfortable. And people would rather it not be brought up because it makes them uncomfortable and each person has to question themselves. Thus, please sweep it under the rug or it may disrupt my comfortable life...

Reactions: Plum Street

I am not saying he was still a top of the line starting QB that would lead your team to the SB...But take the protest out of the equation- Are you telling me that a nearly 60% 16 TD 4 Int with 400+ yds on the ground is not capable to start for many teams? And if you think he wasn't capable to come in to compete for a starting job, when guys like Geno Smith were...then you are just being foolish.
He was out of the league and NO ONE was going to touch him 100% because of his protest.

I am not saying he was still a top of the line starting QB that would lead your team to the SB...But take the protest out of the equation- Are you telling me that a nearly 60% 16 TD 4 Int with 400+ yds on the ground is not capable to start for many teams? And if you think he wasn't capable to come in to compete for a starting job, when guys like Geno Smith were...then you are just being foolish.
He was out of the league and NO ONE was going to touch him 100% because of his protest.
Again you are assuming one year stats translates to the next year, it does not.

Blacklisted? That term is racist!

What owner wanted to piss off half his fanbase by signing this a**hole?

Again you are assuming one year stats translates to the next year, it does not.
You can’t really be stupid enough to say that. The guy only had 1 single bad year in which he was injured. All years prior were way above average and the year following his one outliner year was also above average. Your statement actually makes the point he was black listed.

Reactions: MADHAT1
You can’t really be stupid enough to say that. The guy only had 1 single bad year in which he was injured. All years prior were way above average and the year following his one outliner year was also above average. Your statement actually makes the point he was black listed.
Common , are you trying to say Colin is better than these three mainstays of the NFL backup QB parade
Josh Johnson
Jeff Driskel
& Nathan Peterman
There are more examples of QBs in the NFL back-up system that constantly find teams that will put them on the roster., that proves Kaepernick never had the type of talent to be given a chance to make the roster as a back-up.
I hated to burst your bubble, but with talent like Josh, Jeff and Nathan around, Colin doesn't have a chance and never had a chance to knock any of these 3 and talent like them from an NFL roster once the kneeling started
images

Common , are you trying to say Colin is better than these three mainstays of the NFL backup QB parade
Josh Johnson
Jeff Driskel
& Nathan Peterman
There are more examples of QBs in the NFL back-up system that constantly find teams that will put them on the roster., that proves Kaepernick never had the type of talent to be given a chance to make the roster as a back-up.
I hated to burst your bubble, but with talent like Josh, Jeff and Nathan around, Colin doesn't have a chance and never had a chance to knock any of these 3 and talent like them from an NFL roster once the kneeling started
images
I’m with you but the response was to Nick- not you…

I’m with you but the response was to Nick- not you…
Knew that the post I replied to was to meant for someone else , but felt it was an opportunity to show the caliber of players signed by NFL teams over Colin.
Also felt the need to show I wasn't hyping the backups I mentioned talent to have some feel I was agreeing that Kaepernick wasn't talented enough to be a back-up
Thus the sarcasm meme was added

Knew that the post I replied to was to meant for someone else , but felt it was an opportunity to show the caliber of players signed by NFL teams over Colin.
Also felt the need to show I wasn't hyping the backups I mentioned talent to have some feel I was agreeing that Kaepernick wasn't talented enough to be a back-up
Thus the sarcasm meme was added
Got it...your reply to me wasnt really at me. lol But yeah- I actually never understood how someone prejudice ass just said he wasn't good enough and people just kept believing it because they wanted to. And I will say it in their face- IF YOU THINK CK WAS NOT TALENTED ENOUGH TO BE 1ST OR 2ND STRING QB IN THE NFL IN 2017, YOU ARE AND INGORANT RACIST FOOL.
Now, if you say that he certainly should be playing in the NFL in 2017 but his protest just made it impossible for a team to sign him, well, that, I can understand.
And no back tracking- we all have seen who is the former...

ADVERTISEMENT