ADVERTISEMENT

OT: US Men’s Soccer

I have watched every game since the re-start and Pulisic looks like one of the best players in the world. Every time he touches the ball is exciting. He is so fast and has such great balance and touch. For the US this means we actually have a chance to put together a team that can win it all built around him. I am not saying we will do it. There are still a lot of if’s, but it is actually possible now. We need Dortmund to sell Sancho so that Reyna can step in and start next season. Weah to have an injury free season and Adams to continue to develop.

Same here - he's been nearly unstoppable at times, making beautiful runs with the ball (and that first step is lightning quick), distributing the ball with deft touch, and moving so smartly off the ball. He's not only scoring, but he's becoming quite a playmaker. Just hope he can stay healthy, as he takes a beating at times. US soccer future is looking bright to me...

Pulisic with the left-footed smash (he also looks a bit more bulked up to me, too) and that Zaha strike was incredible from about 30 yards out.

Pulisic with the left-footed smash (he also looks a bit more bulked up to me, too) and that Zaha strike was incredible from about 30 yards out.

That was an insane shot but Kepa is just dreadful. If he just shrugs his shoulders that ball hits him

Pulisic is just playing with so much confidence right now. I am like a giddy school kid when I watch him play.

Reactions: Zak57
That was an insane shot but Kepa is just dreadful. If he just shrugs his shoulders that ball hits him

Pulisic is just playing with so much confidence right now. I am like a giddy school kid when I watch him play.
If Pulisic develops his free-kick scoring game, he’ll be one of the all-time greats...

With the strength of soccer in New Jersey, it’s a crime our men’s team isn’t a perennial elite 8 team like the carolina and California schools. Our women’s team has found the formula in the talent-rich state, the US women’s team last World Cup had like 4 players from NJ
We need to get the coach from one of the elite High School academies to funnel top players to Rutgers.

When this team catches lighting in a bottle watch out it will be like Rutgers Basketball last March.

I have watched a number of games at Darcy's Tavern in Bradley Beach was one of the most fun times I have had watching a sporting event in a bar. Place was amazing

If you're not watching it live, you need to go watch the highlights from Liverpool-Chelsea today. The Reds took a 4-1 lead then Pulisic and Abraham came on around the 60th minute and about a minute later, Pulisic made a run through three defenders, including a little nutmeg, that was seriously reminiscent of Messi, and then delievered a perfect pass to a streaking Abraham around the 6-yard line for an easy tap in goal. Absolutely gorgeous. Then a few minutes later, he received a pass about 9 yards out, chested it and then made a really nice turn away from the defender and popped a perfect shot into the top right corner. The announcers were speculating that he, now might be Chelsea's most important player on offense. That's pretty heady praise. 4-3 with about 10 minutes left.

Edit - Liverpool with a great counterattack goal off a Chelsea corner, taking maybe 10 seconds to score on a great shot by Chamberlain. 5-3 now.

If you're not watching it live, you need to go watch the highlights from Liverpool-Chelsea today. The Reds took a 4-1 lead then Pulisic and Abraham came on around the 60th minute and about a minute later, Pulisic made a run through three defenders, including a little nutmeg, that was seriously reminiscent of Messi, and then delievered a perfect pass to a streaking Abraham around the 6-yard line for an easy tap in goal. Absolutely gorgeous. Then a few minutes later, he received a pass about 9 yards out, chested it and then made a really nice turn away from the defender and popped a perfect shot into the top right corner. The announcers were speculating that he, now might be Chelsea's most important player on offense. That's pretty heady praise. 4-3 with about 10 minutes left.

Edit - Liverpool with a great counterattack goal off a Chelsea corner, taking maybe 10 seconds to score on a great shot by Chamberlain. 5-3 now.
Unfortunately, Berhalter will find a way to leave him isolated and without help.

Why didnt he start? I dont get Frank sometimes....

Reactions: brad1218
If you're not watching it live, you need to go watch the highlights from Liverpool-Chelsea today. The Reds took a 4-1 lead then Pulisic and Abraham came on around the 60th minute and about a minute later, Pulisic made a run through three defenders, including a little nutmeg, that was seriously reminiscent of Messi, and then delievered a perfect pass to a streaking Abraham around the 6-yard line for an easy tap in goal. Absolutely gorgeous. Then a few minutes later, he received a pass about 9 yards out, chested it and then made a really nice turn away from the defender and popped a perfect shot into the top right corner. The announcers were speculating that he, now might be Chelsea's most important player on offense.

Saw the assist, and was just amazed. Like a poster above said, I get giddy when I think of him playing USMNT games. Hope he’s surrounded by other good players. I think, perhaps, the single biggest deficit for the National team is lack of depth. We’ve had our fair share of World Class players, but ever more than say, 3, on the squad at the same time?

Saw the assist, and was just amazed. Like a poster above said, I get giddy when I think of him playing USMNT games. Hope he’s surrounded by other good players. I think, perhaps, the single biggest deficit for the National team is lack of depth. We’ve had our fair share of World Class players, but ever more than say, 3, on the squad at the same time?
We have a whole bunch of world class players. Pulisic, Adams, reyna, Mckennie, sargent, dest, Boyd, brooks. Issue is that the head coach has a crap game plan and we don't embrace the very German flavor that the roster make up has.

Reactions: cicero grimes
We have a whole bunch of world class players. Pulisic, Adams, reyna, Mckennie, sargent, dest, Boyd, brooks. Issue is that the head coach has a crap game plan and we don't embrace the very German flavor that the roster make up has.
To be fair he hasn’t really had the full team yet.

Can't wait to get back to some USMNT matches and see the team and how it performs. Hopefully the last fiasco will motivate them.

Today's Chelsea-Arsenal FA Cup final is not on live TV. Unacceptable. ESPN+ only at 12:30 pm.
Why is that unacceptable? ESPN owns the rights and can put it on whatever platform they want.

The entire FA tournament has been on ESPN+. If they made the final available to all, I doubt that subscribers (which BTW I am not) would be very appreciative.

Why is that unacceptable? ESPN owns the rights and can put it on whatever platform they want.

The entire FA tournament has been on ESPN+. If they made the final available to all, I doubt that subscribers (which BTW I am not) would be very appreciative.
They're showing reruns of obscure crap on the deuce. The world is dying for live, real sports. Stupid business decision.

They're showing reruns of obscure crap on the deuce. The world is dying for live, real sports. Stupid business decision.
You may be right about the business decision. I don't know. All I am saying that we have no entitlement to watch these events for free.

You may be right about the business decision. I don't know. All I am saying that we have no entitlement to watch these events for free.
For sure, but this would create an opportunity to get people who wouldn't normally watch the English FA Cup to tune in, and even if it turns 5-10% of those new viewers into regulates, it would benefit their bottom line. They've already paid for the media rights... so why not use them in an efficient way as possible to drive up advertising rates?

Puli used the covid time off and really came back even better. He's been incredible.

I paid for it - I don't care about paying for it, but I was talking more about the business decision to not have it easily available. Seems stupid, especially when it's the only important sporting event going on.

Short turnaround to next EPL season also. Could miss more than a few games depending on severity.

ADVERTISEMENT