ADVERTISEMENT

OT: US Open

For the PGA, JT came to me quick. Having trouble with the US Open. Right now I am thinking Scottie or Cam. I think Rory either wins or misses the cut. He's just out there a little too much right now. For the LIV guys, not sure I see Bryson winning here. DJ could contend but he just doesn't seem motivated.

For the PGA, JT came to me quick. Having trouble with the US Open. Right now I am thinking Scottie or Cam. I think Rory either wins or misses the cut. He's just out there a little too much right now. For the LIV guys, not sure I see Bryson winning here. DJ could contend but he just doesn't seem motivated.
I think the whole LIV thing is getting Rory fired up. You can tell by the comment he made after winning RBC. I think he’ll be on the 1st pg of the leaderboard on Sunday.

How about Curtis Strange? At least he's alive.
And he won twice including at this year's venue..

That win helped me finish 2nd in a season long golf fantasy pool based on prize money. It was $500 for 1st, $300 for 2nd, and $200 for 3rd. I went into the last week in 3rd but a 2nd place finish at Firestone by Larry Nelson moved me up.

Reactions: Section124
Justin Thomas is a good bet to take the Open.
But never think an LIV Tour player won't find the extra incentive to come out on top.
The us against the world feeling sometimes help find the motivation to play your best game
But I think Justin will have the same type of motivation in making sure a LIV player doesn't grab the trophy

Last edited:
I think the whole LIV thing is getting Rory fired up. You can tell by the comment he made after winning RBC. I think he’ll be on the 1st pg of the leaderboard on Sunday.
Rory doesn't care about the LIV. He was going after Norman.

Reactions: Knightmoves
Something personal between them? I thought it was because Norman is the face of LIV.
Norman said he was brainwashed by the PGA. Also they were tied at 20 career wins until Sunday. Now Rory is 1 bette

Heading there on Friday to watch, looking forward to it.

Viewing wise, tv coverage set-up is pretty annoying for Thursday/Friday. Par for the course with NBC though.

Reactions: Section124
I just saw the schedule. So ridiculous. I have Peacock so I plan to turn it on and hopefully they shadow coverage the whole day. Otherwise what's the point of paying for their app?

And he won twice including at this year's venue..

That win helped me finish 2nd in a season long golf fantasy pool based on prize money. It was $500 for 1st, $300 for 2nd, and $200 for 3rd. I went into the last week in 3rd but a 2nd place finish at Firestone by Larry Nelson moved me up.
The old NEC world series of golf. I played n the pro-am with Faldo right after he won the Masters.

Surprised to see no thread on this yet.

who do you like?

rory with great opening round, yet gave one up on 18.

phil with loud applause as he tees off on 1..much to the medias chagrin.

gonna be a fun weekend.

Good to see the crowd give Phil a nice applause.

safe to say media overblowing the “controversy”.

Rory with a nice round before giving one up on 18.

Heading there on Friday to watch, looking forward to it.

Viewing wise, tv coverage set-up is pretty annoying for Thursday/Friday. Par for the course with NBC though.
What is your complaint about the coverage? You are getting it from sunrise to sunset.

Reactions: Erial_Lion
What is your complaint about the coverage? You are getting it from sunrise to sunset.
I think he means having to change the channel 4-5 times in day to watch. It should just be on one channel all day. I just left Peacock on with the featured groups but did switch over to the normal channels later in the day.

I think he means having to change the channel 4-5 times in day to watch. It should just be on one channel all day. I just left Peacock on with the featured groups but did switch over to the normal channels later in the day.
If that is the complaint it's stupid. You are getting sunrise to sunset coverage. How hard is it the use a remote to change the channel???

The old NEC world series of golf. I played n the pro-am with Faldo right after he won the Masters.

Wow. Really cool.

Never had the opportunity. Biggest "name" I ever played with was a NJ Mid Am champ. Pales by comparison lol.
Although not Sir Nick, I had the privilege of playing a round with Scott Stallings at Champions Gate. He was a real nice guy and excellent player.

Reactions: knightfan7
I think Phil is done but he will get better once he's out of his "dark" place. No different than Tiger after the 9 iron to the face. Takes time to get the game back in shape but old man time is ticking.

There's several players in the field who competed for B1G schools this past Spring.

James Piot - MSU
Max Moldovan - OSU
Adrian Dumont de Chassart - Illinois

There may be more but those are the names I recognize.

At that moment it was the fact that

1. there were commercials every 10 minutes, including on the streaming service

2. 5 separate channels for coverage throughout the day -- throw the coverage on 2-3 channels and put on extended coverage/groups on The Cock instead

3. Two separate 5-7 minute 30 for 30 style documentaries with zero golf shots shown at 9:45 and 10:00 when the coverage switched to USA, instead of showing...you know, the golf.

At that moment it was the fact that

1. there were commercials every 10 minutes, including on the streaming service

2. 5 separate channels for coverage throughout the day -- throw the coverage on 2-3 channels and put on extended coverage/groups on The Cock instead

3. Two separate 5-7 minute 30 for 30 style documentaries with zero golf shots shown at 9:45 and 10:00 when the coverage switched to USA, instead of showing...you know, the golf.
Even with all those complaints it is by far the most covered US Open ever...by hours a day. Would you like to go back to no coverage until 2pm?
As for the channel changes so what! Is it that hard to change a channel?? Thats really a big deal? It's done every week on the PGA Tour. Golf Channel then the main channel. It's not the 1960s where you actually have to get up, go to the TV and physically change the dial.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT