ADVERTISEMENT

OT: USFL Starts Tonight

Wonder where they’re playing home games next season?!
They should play them at RU. It's the right-sized stadium. Red Bull IMO doesn't work. But I think they will end up at Met Life. The XFL Guardians played there in 2020. They won't play in NYC (Yankee, Citi or Weir at Columbia) or otherwise, you would have named them NY not NJ from the start if that was the plan. Also, when you look at the other teams: Philly, Michigan, and Pittsburgh that are in their division, all of them are going to be in big stadiums as well. So Met Life seems to make the most sense. Princeton's stadium is a dark house, but I just don't see Princeton wanting it there.

They should play them at RU. It's the right-sized stadium. Red Bull IMO doesn't work. But I think they will end up at Met Life. The XFL Guardians played there in 2020. They won't play in NYC (Yankee, Citi or Weir at Columbia) or otherwise, you would have named them NY not NJ from the start if that was the plan. Also, when you look at the other teams: Philly, Michigan, and Pittsburgh that are in their division, all of them are going to be in big stadiums as well. So Met Life seems to make the most sense. Princeton's stadium is a dark house, but I just don't see Princeton wanting it there.
I wouldn’t be surprised if the Philadelphia Stars play in Franklin Field next. The late spring, summer is concert time at the Linc. They make a lot of money off concerts. Plus it is a natural grass surface. Don't want it torn up for a D league football league. Win or lose the small crowds in the spring will vanish after Memorial Day.

Franklin is an option for sure. I wouldn't call this D league. Games have been very good IMO. Especially considering they play with just 40 man rosters.

Reactions: goru1869
Franklin is an option for sure. I wouldn't call this D league. Games have been very good IMO. Especially considering they play with just 40 man rosters.
I hope wherever they play next season they jazz up the facility they are using with USFL and team specific signage. That will make it look a little more polished and professional IMO.

I hope wherever they play next season they jazz up the facility they are using with USFL and team specific signage. That will make it look a little more polished and professional IMO.
For Met Life it is able to do red lighting on the exterior (built that way for hosting RU games) and the field signage is electronic below the second level so that just leaves wrapping the lower level walls and field turf replacements for the endzone and midfield which should be easy enough. The concourse will be a different story. Obviously, Rutgers is already red-themed, so merely having some simple field replacements for the end zone and the B1G logos to USFL is simple. The question is midfield and the Block R.

For Met Life it is able to do red lighting on the exterior (built that way for hosting RU games) and the field signage is electronic below the second level so that just leaves wrapping the lower level walls and field turf replacements for the endzone and midfield which should be easy enough. The concourse will be a different story. Obviously, Rutgers is already red-themed, so merely having some simple field replacements for the end zone and the B1G logos to USFL is simple. The question is midfield and the Block R.
I think with our most recent type of turf, not sure of the brand, and the installation that becomes a little more difficult.

Guessing if it is MetLife they will probably do a tarping set up for the upper deck.

ADVERTISEMENT