ADVERTISEMENT

OT: vacation to Ocean City NJ

RuBird

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Jun 28, 2001
Looking for some recommendations Have heard it is very family oriented. Our last trip before my daughter goes off to college. Thanks all in advance

I always say that one of these days I'll go to OC but its so close to Wildwood Crest and Cape May which I love I end up there.

OC NJ is great for families been there twice with wife and kids. If your from north jersey like myself you will get tired of seeing Phillies and Eagles hats and shirts. Dry town

I personally love Manco n Manco (formerly Mack n Manco) for pizza. Johnsons Popcorn.

Dry town so if you want drinks with dinner need to go over bridge to a place like Anchorage Tavern in Somers Points (9th St Bridge), Yesterdays in Mamora (34th St Bridge) and Deauville Inn in Strathmere.

Outside the beach and boardwalk (no gambling games) not much else going on so it really is a place to go and spend time with families.

Let me know if any particular questions.

We go once every 2-3 years. Been going since I was a baby. My mother has been going since she was a baby. It's the family's go-to beach for generations.

One of my favorite parts is the junk food:
  • Johnsons caramel popcorn
  • Mallon's sticky buns
  • Philly-style butter cake from Dot's
  • Coconut macaroons from George's
  • For pizza, skip M&M and go to Roma or 3 Bros.
Lots of caloric intake, but you'll burn it trying to pedal your family along in a surrey.

As mentioned, OC is a dry town. Circle Liquors in Somers Point right at the foot of the bridge to OC is the highest-grossing liquor store in the state. Stock up and make a couple of re-supply runs throughout the week.

Reactions: RuBird
Great beaches. Nice Boardwalk. Nice recreational areas. Relatively few jerks around. Good places for ice cream and breakfast. Pretty low key as restaurants can't serve but really a good spot to vacation with family.

One of the best shore towns in New Jersey, go once a year for a week or so. Highly recommend , especially if you have kids.

Looking for a good breakfast and also dinner recommendation

ADVERTISEMENT