ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.
So who is NJ giving the vaccine to if they haven’t given it to 65+ and Florida has?
Florida has used a higher % of vaccine given to them vs NJ so it sounds like Florida may be getting shorted on the number of vaccines they are getting. Is the data correct?
Medical workers, and nursing home patients. Everyone I know who is a medical worker has had the chance to get it so far which is over 40 people, as well as health department workers I know. Obviously not every medical worker has but we have tons of medical workers in this state. Florida is not doing medical workers as of now. I am not disputing any of the data you just provided.

This is what I found
#23 Florida
Doses distributed to state: 1,355,775
Doses administered: 402,802
Percentage of distributed vaccines that have been administered: 29.71

#26New Jersey
Doses distributed to state: 572,250
Doses administered: 155,458
Percentage of distributed vaccines that have been administered: 27.17

https://www.beckershospitalreview.c...entage-of-covid-19-vaccines-administered.html

Don't believe that is up to date. Jersey has vaccinated over 200K.

Reactions: Greg2020
Medical workers, and nursing home patients. Everyone I know who is a medical worker has had the chance to get it so far which is over 40 people, as well as health department workers I know. Obviously not every medical worker has but we have tons of medical workers in this state. Florida is not doing medical workers as of now. I am not disputing any of the data you just provided.

Can I be the @$$hole and say over 65+ shouldn't be in the Stage 1 group? 😈

After essential/health care workers, it should be teachers and school children.

Offices can't fully open until kids are back in school and the threat of a 14 day quarantine isn't around the corner every day.

Once schools are fully open, then everything else will be able to open.

Note - I say this as a father of 2 toddlers currently in a 14 day quarantine from daycare because we traveled out of state over Xmas.

Okay all you old people, take your shots!
Well who the heck told you to travel for the holidays?
Hahaha I'M KIDDING 🤣 🤣

Reactions: NickRU714
The ones that pushed for all remote should not be ones of the first in line to get the vaccine. Them going into work has been non-essential
Parents in Mount Olive were told over 100 teachers would take a leave of absence if they had to go teach in person. So all the kids are learning remote. My son is dying to get back to school . He has told us a few times he is distracted being home. This is a 14 year old who knows what is better when it comes to learning and how much it hurts kids than the lazy , good for nothing teachers do. AND they only do 4 hours per day.

Parents in Mount Olive were told over 100 teachers would take a leave of absence if they had to go teach in person. So all the kids are learning remote. My son is dying to get back to school . He has told us a few times he is distracted being home. This is a 14 year old who knows what is better when it comes to learning and how much it hurts kids than the lazy , good for nothing teachers do. AND they only do 4 hours per day.
There are plenty of young teachers looking for jobs. Let the others take a leave of absence since there are plenty of others ready and willing to work.

Reactions: goru1869
I don’t see how Florida would be behind NJ in terms % of population getting the vaccine since Florida has used a higher % of the vaccine given to them. Florida has 10m more in population. Seems that maybe NJ is getting a higher % of vaccines based on population and holding back a higher % of the vaccine they get, This is what the data is really saying.

Well who the heck told you to travel for the holidays?
Hahaha I'M KIDDING 🤣 🤣

We got back and after 1 day of quarantine my wife goes

"Seriously, the trip wasn't even worth it."

We were visiting her parents and sister.

Reactions: Jm0513
My daughter teaches HS in North Jersey and her boyfriend teaches middle school in North Jersey. Both districts are hybrid meaning teachers are teaching in person every day but there are two cohorts of students that alternate in person and remote. At the end of August it was reported that 400+ of the ~600 school districts in NJ were going hybrid. I know that number has probably decreased but I bet it’s still more than half.

All of this bickering over teachers not wanting to go in is moot.

I was saying offer vaccine to all teachers and students. After getting the vaccine, no real reason against schools being in-person.

Any prior arguments by teachers or unions would go away since all in the school would be vaccinated.

The sooner everyone gets a vaccine, the sooner your son goes back!

Man up.

Just to summarize some facts and add some more.
Florida was the first and only state to not follow CDC guidelines and vaccinate seniors over 65 in the first group.
After amazing pressure from NYC (DeBlasio), NYS has changed its mind, and tomorrow, NY will join Florida and start inoculating people over 65.
I live in California and am over 75. Our Public Health Department said yesterday that it will be 5 to 10 weeks before our age group will be eligible for vaccination.
Anyone know when over 75s are projected to get vaccinated in NJ?

Florida was the first and only state to not follow CDC guidelines and vaccinate seniors over 65 in the first group.
After amazing pressure from NYC (DeBlasio), NYS has changed its mind, and tomorrow, NY will join Florida and start inoculating people over 65.
I live in California and am over 75. Our Public Health Department said yesterday that it will be 5 to 10 weeks before our age group will be eligible for vaccination.

I believe NJ over 75s are 1A and start this coming week. 65-74 will have a while to wait.

Since no one answered this I will. If you're inoculated with the vaccine and it's a successful inoculation(94.5% of the time) the virus can't live in you. Your immune system recognizes it and kills it before it can replicate. You can't pass on a dead virus.

The Flu is one which has shown new strains or mutations quickly, which is why we have different Flu shots each year. Covid-19 hasn't shown this capability yet. It may have become easier to spread(not proven yet) meaning it can live longer outside a host but hasn't changed how it attacks the body. If it does mutate, it's not showing that it will mutate quickly and will take years. Thus the vaccine will still be viable for years.

Right now they're going to give people the freedom of choice on vaccinations. If they find enough people don't want to take it to reach that 80% herd immunity threshold, they'll start implementing that's it's required to work in Government offices or facilities, public schools, health care and such. Still don't reach that 80% they'll make it a requirement for all citizens just like the Polio vaccine. Somehow, someway, they'll reach that herd immunity numbers. They won't let misinformation from the gullible perpetuate a global pandemic.
Thanks for the answer, Koleszar. Good to learn more.

Question, are you in the health profession or taking the initiative to stay on top of all the info?

To my point in my original post regarding once everyone who wants to receive the vaccine has had that chance, this will essentially leave the non vaccinated by choice and hence willing to take the risk of having a much higher probability by magnitudes of passing between themselves. I see too much hate for people who choose not to be vaccinated, being called “selfish”, but there are many reasons why someone would decide not to (allergies etc). In my opinion no one should be forced. Even if everyone was vaccinated there’s still a chance to contract, so there’s never %0 probability.

You can just take a leave of action without approval in your district? You do that without pay and benefits correct?

That's sad 😔

Reactions: goru1869
You can just take a leave of action without approval in your district? You do that without pay and benefits correct?
The district caved in and they are learning remote so the teachers didn't have to take a leave of absence . I guess it would have been like a strike if the district didn't bend to their demands.

right now ny and nj are real shyt shows when it comes to the vaccinations--it's a disgrace that for weeks shots are sitting on a shelf somewhere---and it's a disgrace elsewhere when 23 million dosages distributed nationwide and only about 7 million used

right now ny and nj are real shyt shows when it comes to the vaccinations--it's a disgrace that for weeks shots are sitting on a shelf somewhere---and it's a disgrace elsewhere when 23 million dosages distributed nationwide and only about 7 million used
And people want gov't run health care .

Reactions: Scarlet16E
All of this bickering over teachers not wanting to go in is moot.

I was saying offer vaccine to all teachers and students. After getting the vaccine, no real reason against schools being in-person.

Any prior arguments by teachers or unions would go away since all in the school would be vaccinated.
Vaccines aren’t even approved for those under 16

Shots aren’t really sitting for weeks though. There were only 12mil doses delivered by the end of the year, so if you remove the doses that are set aside for nursing homes, we’re probably close to going through all of those doses. We need to keep up though so that doesn’t happen. A ton of doses were delivered last week....good thing is that a lot of the states are starting to go into overdrive, we’ll see if we can keep up.

Vaccines aren’t even approved for those under 16

No!!!!
Boooooo!!!
We can't handle another 14 day quarantine from daycare!! Hahaha.

Wait, serious question:
if this is true then how are schools going to be back to full in-person if 80% of the people in the school aren't vaccinated?

Even once all teachers vaccinated it seems could still be an issue if students are not vaccinated?

Last edited:
No!!!!
Boooooo!!!
We can't handle another 14 day quarantine from daycare!! Hahaha.

Wait, serious question:
if this is true then how are schools going to be back to full in-person if 80% of the people in the school aren't vaccinated?

Even once all teachers vaccinated it seems could still be an issue if students are vaccinated?
That’s why...
They don’t need it.

sorry
Shots aren’t really sitting for weeks though. There were only 12mil doses delivered by the end of the year, so if you remove the doses that are set aside for nursing homes, we’re probably close to going through all of those doses. We need to keep up though so that doesn’t happen. A ton of doses were delivered last week....good thing is that a lot of the states are starting to go into overdrive, we’ll see if we can keep up.
you are wrong as of TODAY 25,480,725 dosages distributed only 8,987,322 injected--a week ago the dosages distributed was 17 mill-obviously there are even dosages from weeks ago not yet used

sorry

you are wrong as of TODAY 25,480,725 dosages distributed only 8,987,322 injected--a week ago the dosages distributed was 17 mill-obviously there are even dosages from weeks ago not yet used

All I was saying is that the 12mil doses we had at year end are almost all used. It’s only been a week and a half since then, so don’t think you can say doses have been sitting for weeks. We’ve only been vaccinating people for 3 weeks, so I think there is some exaggeration there. But like I said, we have a ton more doses that have been delivered since then, if we don’t pick up the pace then they will sit for weeks. I highly doubt that will happen though.

my daughter got her first shot 12/16 and I think others even sooner-millions of dosages were available way before end of year--like I said only about 9 million as of today innoculated--clearly dosages are not getting out efficently and on the "shelf"--in fact all those great politicians in NJ /NY had weeks before December to set up sites--they brag now but they did a crappy job---like the testing this will all pick up ,we hope, but a crap job has been done---what I do understand is that ultimatums now are being given at some hospitals to take shot or by end of week they're going to others (1b) and you have missed your opportunity

Just saw 75 and up on TV for NY

I was reading today that some places are actually having the vaccines expire. WTF is that? There has to be a better way to distribute these

mega sites 24/7 2,400 shot a day at each location 100 shots a hour, I believe NY is planning same type of centers

NYC was supposed to open a couple today. With 2 months or more to plan, actually 4 months based on preliminary results, this should have been done quicker. It's not like the spring when there was essentially no advanced notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT