ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Voting by mail (oh well, political)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they do or maybe they don't. But with 31 million unrequested ballots being mailed in how careful are the checkers going to be.

That's a fair point to make. It is fair to note though that with a mail in ballot it is the job of full-time employees to check the signatures and not a one-day volunteer like with in-person voting.

Reactions: Kbee3 and Greg2020
Do you think you should get more of a vote because you claim to make more money
Never said anything actually about money ...I made my pittance ... I live a modest semi reclusive life...came from a dirt poor background ...never knew my mother , hardly knew my dad... raised by Mennonite in Ohio.

The law is illegal when this guy doesn't like the law. I get it. He took for granted how voting works. Now it has interruptedhis routine of wearing a stupid I Voted sticker to pick up his senior coffee at McDonald's on some Tuesday in November and now he is pissed that the world doesn't bend to his whim.

seriously...imagine being this big of a miserable whiner.

That's a fair point to make. It is fair to note though that with a mail in ballot it is the job of full-time employees to check the signatures and not a one-day volunteer like with in-person voting.
Yeah poll counters from the southpaw nation ... Especially in Middlesex , Hudson ,Essex, counties... sure we should put faith in their honesty...✌️🇺🇸❤️

Maybe since it’s such an important thing, the franchise, it should be handled accordingly and not by volunteers but by paid workers like other States and municipalities do.

Which website will keep track of your ballot and show you have voted? Seems like an important address to know or else you have the POTUS warning people to go to the polling place to write a provisional ballot if the officials there can't prove you voted. Not voting twice, just making sure you in fact voted once.
This is what sucks so bad. This site is a simple Google search away or a few clicks on nj.gov for the creation of an account to make sure you are registered and that your vote (whether in person or by mail) has been received. I used it in 2016 to make sure my registration wasn't deleted (which was happening in many other states as Nov. approached) and this year to see that my primary vote was received and counted:

But most would prefer not to search nj.gov to discover it easily but instead assume it doesn't exist as "evidence" mail in voting and NJ "bureaucracy" can't be trusted.

This is what sucks so bad. This site is a simple Google search away or a few clicks on nj.gov for the creation of an account to make sure you are registered and that your vote (whether in person or by mail) has been received. I used it in 2016 to make sure my registration wasn't deleted (which was happening in many other states as Nov. approached) and this year to see that my primary vote was received and counted:

But most would prefer not to search nj.gov to discover it easily but instead assume it doesn't exist as "evidence" mail in voting and NJ "bureaucracy" can't be trusted.
And NJ bureaucracy can’t be trusted...

And NJ bureaucracy can’t be trusted...
Then I guess all voting is corrupted by it and riddled with fraud since they run it. Keep on bitchin'.
OR, maybe you could make that the focus of your state level political activism or perhaps click on one of the many links out there to volunteer as a poll worker locally to perhaps do the work of Trudy with the purple hair and failing eyesight a little bit better to lessen the negative impact of said bureaucracy.

Reactions: Greg2020
And that is illegal and an infringement upon those in favor of voting at an actual polling place..

Infringement on someone's preference? Not on their rights, mind you, but their preference? How do you infringe on preference? If an ice cream parlor doesn't have your favorite flavor, is that infringement? o.O

There's no law saying that a voting machine must be used to vote. Every state gets to decide how they want their votes to be submitted and counted. Oregon has been voting exclusively by mail for over 20 years, and I'm sure there are cantankerous people out there who still shake their fists in the air and long for the days of pulling a lever. Colorado has been sending mail-in ballots to every registered voter since 2013, too.

This isn't new - it's just "new to you". I'd recommend picking up a copy of "Who Moved My Cheese?"

Now, you can argue whether it's within the governor's rights to take the actions he took... but calling it an "infringement upon those in favor of" is just silly talk.

Which website will keep track of your ballot and show you have voted? Seems like an important address to know or else you have the POTUS warning people to go to the polling place to write a provisional ballot if the officials there can't prove you voted. Not voting twice, just making sure you in fact voted once.

Reactions: Greg2020
Yeah poll counters from the southpaw nation ... Especially in Middlesex , Hudson ,Essex, counties... sure we should put faith in their honesty...✌🇺🇸❤

Each county has an equal number of Republican and Democrat registrars that work together on the elections. When it comes to counting, a member of each party is present in the room.

Thanks for the link. I found out 2 things. First, I'm not registered to vote. And that's a good thing since I moved to NY in the mid '90's. Second, reading through this thread it appeared to me that everyone was going to receive a mail-in ballot. Now I can see that you have to request the mail-in ballot. That's much better than every registered voter having one sent to them.

Thanks for the link. I found out 2 things. First, I'm not registered to vote. And that's a good thing since I moved to NY in the mid '90's. Second, reading through this thread it appeared to me that everyone was going to receive a mail-in ballot. Now I can see that you have to request the mail-in ballot. That's much better than every registered voter having one sent to them.
IN NJ I think its all registered voters get it automatically.

Then I guess all voting is corrupted by it and riddled with fraud since they run it. Keep on bitchin'.
OR, maybe you could make that the focus of your state level political activism or perhaps click on one of the many links out there to volunteer as a poll worker locally to perhaps do the work of Trudy with the purple hair and failing eyesight a little bit better to lessen the negative impact of said bureaucracy.
Yes ALL voting has a segment of illegitimacy attached to it and exactly is why in person on site is the choice of thousands..Not my thing being a poll attendant... southpaws have had that distinction since GovernorRobert Meyner most likely before you disembarked from the womb.

Infringement on someone's preference? Not on their rights, mind you, but their preference? How do you infringe on preference? If an ice cream parlor doesn't have your favorite flavor, is that infringement? o.O

There's no law saying that a voting machine must be used to vote. Every state gets to decide how they want their votes to be submitted and counted. Oregon has been voting exclusively by mail for over 20 years, and I'm sure there are cantankerous people out there who still shake their fists in the air and long for the days of pulling a lever. Colorado has been sending mail-in ballots to every registered voter since 2013, too.

This isn't new - it's just "new to you". I'd recommend picking up a copy of "Who Moved My Cheese?"

Now, you can argue whether it's within the governor's rights to take the actions he took... but calling it an "infringement upon those in favor of" is just silly talk.
In the minds of some but not for others southpaw .

Each county has an equal number of Republican and Democrat registrars that work together on the elections. When it comes to counting, a member of each party is present in the room.
In today’s NJ exactly how do you verify truthfully one’s political preference ? ..for all those who crawled back out today probably from your drunken , drug stupors... welcome back... How do you know I could be a Democratic plant....the point is he said a B1G FU ... to a large part of the state...

'Colorado secretary of state sues USPS over election mailers she says misleads state's voters' :

UPDATE: The Colorado Sec. Of State has obtained a temporary restraining order against the USPS. They must cease and desist sending postcards to CO residents.

CO, like NJ has automatic mail in voting, which means that the postcards are wrong. They create voter confusion and loss of voter confidence in the system.

The CO Sec of State said that she and others had requested to review any such USPS mailings prior to release, but the request was denied.

Incompetence, or malevolence? Shouldn't matter, as neither is acceptable.

in theory mail in voting, and then having those mail in votes overseen by equal representatives, would seem fair enough...

but, there are plenty of examples that when it comes to the twists and turns regarding mail in ballots, a lot can go wrong....ballots denied, some counted twice, missing ballots, it has happened.

we only have to look at the famous Al Franken/Norman Coleman
battle in Minnesota years back....

this is a fairly long read, but if one does read it, we can see how the results of an election can hang on details and policies that may not get you the real winner

Told this story in June...friends are registered to one party and their daughter the other.

They got one ballot each, she got THREE.
Holy Moly... how did I miss this comment.. is this true?

The one registered Dem got 3 ballots?

If you read my other posting above you would realize I know that and spoke to people at the elections board...It appears you didn’t read it... Thousands in NJ want to vote in person as they always have in previous elections...Did people vote in person during the primaries in June? ... I believe they did and then Murphy with orders from the Southpaw leaders changed it for the plan.

A number of states have had vote by mail for years with no problems. Once you lay out all the election materials and your ballot on the kitchen table, you can make far more informed decisions. I live in California, so there are often a whole lot of initiatives and propositions. Some can be really confusing.

NJ has gotten a lot right, as of late, with so much of the craziness going on in the world. I'm proud to call NJ home.
Huh? Paterson ballot harvesting, for example?

It seems like NJ gets things right because the Dems run everything and they win everywhere they are in control. That doesn't mean they get it right.. just means they reliably produce the expected results.

Reactions: wheezer
Huh? Paterson ballot harvesting, for example?

It seems like NJ gets things right because the Dems run everything and they win everywhere they are in control. That doesn't mean they get it right.. just means they reliably produce the expected results.

One could argue that Paterson shows the system works and the crooks got caught. Voting by mail does work well, but for states new to use the system, there may be some royal screw ups in November.

Holy Moly... how did I miss this comment.. is this true?

The one registered Dem got 3 ballots?

Qi1la5l.gif

A number of states have had vote by mail for years with no problems. Once you lay out all the election materials and your ballot on the kitchen table, you can make far more informed decisions. I live in California, so there are often a whole lot of initiatives and propositions. Some can be really confusing.
Isn't that what we have been doing for years?

I love getting that thing in the mail...all the candidates (and the office they are running for) listed and the questions too. I never go in blind.

Utah also has gone to only vote by mail. A very conservative state. No problems there. This should not be a partisan issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT