ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Voting on Tuesday

DJ Spanky

The Lunatic is in my Head
Jul 25, 2001
Are the regular polling places going to be open on Tuesday?

Reactions: beaced

Depends on the town. A lot of towns will have a smaller number of polling sites open than in the past, but I have heard on none with zero.

How to vote in person
Q: I don’t want to vote by mail. Can I vote in person on Nov. 3?

A: Yes. At least one polling location will be open in virtually every New Jersey municipality between 6 a.m. and 8 p.m. on Election Day.

Q: Should I go to my usual polling location?

A: Not before checking that it is going to be open. Not all locations will be open in every municipality and some locations also may change to minimize the potential spread of COVID-19. You should receive a postcard or letter from your county alerting you of the location of your polling place. These will also be posted on the NJ Spotlight News elections page and on the state Division of Elections Voter Information Portal once all are finalized.

Q: Will I get to vote on a machine?

A: Not unless you have a disability that requires an accommodation. Nearly everyone who votes in person at a polling location on Nov. 3 will do so using a paper provisional ballot.

Q: But I have heard some say a provisional ballot is not a real ballot.

A: All provisional ballots cast by registered voters who had not already cast a mail-in ballot are counted. The use of provisional ballots instead of machines is a safeguard to ensure that a person does not vote twice — once by mail and once in person. Provisional ballots are counted after mail-in ballots for that reason.

Check your PM if you have a chance.

My understanding is that in NJ you cannot go to the polls and vote like you normally do...... you should have voted by mail, or filled out the mail in ballot and drop it in one of the boxes

If you just show up at the polls you fill out a provisional ballot which gets counted maybe after all is said and done

Reactions: Section124
So you’re saying the vote won’t be counted...

I sure it should be....just wondering if Biden has hundreds of thousands vote lead if they would be counted... as I said they certainly are required to be

I voted by ballot box but I see they assigned a new polling place. You should have received a post card indicating your polling place.

I sure it should be....just wondering if Biden has hundreds of thousands vote lead if they would be counted... as I said they certainly are required to be

I believe that if the results of any contest on the ballot could be changed by the provisional vote tally, then the ballot will be opened and counted. For example, if the outcome of a council race in your town could be changed, then the provisional ballots will be counted. Or, if the outcome of a freeholder race (or whatever we call them now) could be changed, then all the provisional votes in the county will be counted.

Reactions: wheezer
I believe that if the results of any contest on the ballot could be changed by the provisional vote tally, then the ballot will be opened and counted. For example, if the outcome of a council race in your town could be changed, then the provisional ballots will be counted. Or, if the outcome of a freeholder race (or whatever we call them now) could be changed, then all the provisional votes in the county will be counted.

good observation, We should not focus only on the presidential election, many other races and items can be affected

Provisional ballots won't be counted until November 10. A truly wacky system. Should have had electronic voting available overall several days, ending on Election day. This has disaster written all over it. Provisional ballots "may" be counted...
100% correct !

Reactions: RULoyal
None of this is an accident.
This shi&show will be must see TV. It's funny how politicians on both sides have messed things up so bad this year and now we are looking to reelect some of those same idiots. Perfect time to vote for a third party candidate !

Reactions: bac2therac
Provisional ballots won't be counted until November 10. A truly wacky system. Should have had electronic voting available overall several days, ending on Election day. This has disaster written all over it. Provisional ballots "may" be counted...
+1
NJ is going to be a cluster f of epic proportions. It took my county 3 weeks to finalize the results of the primary election. This will have 10 times the votes.

A week before the season premiere of "The Curse of Oak Island"?
That show has been disappointing lately. It's almost like they invent their own wild goose chases just to fill content for another episode.

FIND SOMETHING ALREADY! Or move onto some other treasure hunt location.

Damn shame they didn't have shows like this when this treasure was being found.. great book btw.

qLkxxZLRiTUC

I don' think the merits of mail in voting is Political with a capital P unless you make it that way.
I think its odd regardless of which side of the fence you sit on.

That would have been nice, but results would have leaked out that way and it would have been a disaster.

I thought that was to ensure a person didn’t vote by mail and provisional. They have to make sure a person didn’t vote by mail and then also provisional ballot.

Why can't we vote using our smartphone? I can send and receive money using Paypay and Venmo on my smartphone but I can't vote. I think Murp will fix it for the next election.

Reactions: LBusDoor90
Why can't we vote using our smartphone? I can send and receive money using Paypay and Venmo on my smartphone but I can't vote. I think Murp will fix it for the next election.
That would be nice if we could find other ways to vote with this jackass named murphy but that guy can't fix DMV after months of a mess and LOOOOONG lines . DMV is only one of many failures under him !

Why go to the polls on Tuesday to cast a provisional ballot? Why not just fill out the ballot you received in the mail and drop it in a dropbox?

If you REALLY want to vote in person on Tuesday, I suggest you fill out your mailed ballot and go put it in someone's hand.

ADVERTISEMENT