ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Walking Dead (spoilers)

I'm a 95%'er when it comes to Carl. If he was my son, and left his baby sister unprotected so he could cowboy for his girlfriend. I'd kick his a$$. Plus he almost got disarmed by a bad guy, because he was stupid. Warrants more a$$ kicking.

Ultimately, Carl's stupidity will result in Rick's death down the road.

I'm a 95%'er when it comes to Carl. If he was my son, and left his baby sister unprotected so he could cowboy for his girlfriend. I'd kick his a$$. Plus he almost got disarmed by a bad guy, because he was stupid. Warrants more a$$ kicking.

Ultimately, Carl's stupidity will result in Rick's death down the road.

Here's my issue. Let's say Carl is 14 years old. People have been wishing death on him since he was like 8. He's a kid. During the zombie apocalypse. People expect him not to mess up now and then, or throw rocks at a zombie stuck in the mud, or get smitten for a girl and forget about some stuff? Because he almost got disarmed by somebody 2-3 times older and bigger than him? He's saved WAY more lives than he's ever come close to hurting. And he's been way more responsible than a lot of the adults on the show, inc. being a only parent for a baby sibling (Rick has other things to do). For an almost-teenager for most of the series, I say the kid deserves props.

Reactions: RUCookie and KevH
Now that whole thing is strange. What am I to believe.. that in 'merica, land of the gun, that handgun they got was the only gun the Wolves have ever found?

I can see some weird story where they outlawed guns in their cult or that they are all insane because of something they have been eating or drinking or breathing... or they were all in a psychiatric hospital when it all went down. But, come on, not finding guns? half the walkers out there prolly had guns on them or in their homes... and ammo too.

PS. how can Shane be among anyone's favorite characters? That dude needed to die.

Why did he need to die...he just progressed quicker than the others

Just reported... Wk 2 grew 40% when you add in the Live +3 numbers, so anyone watching it Mon, Tue. People are still watching, just not as much live (NFL and MLB likely taking a good chunk).

Why did he need to die...he just progressed quicker than the others

He cowardly shot the fat guy in the leg to leave him for the zombies.

He planned to kill Rick.

He was a total douche.

BTW.. I think its great that no one cares that Rick's wife died.

Here's my issue. Let's say Carl is 14 years old. People have been wishing death on him since he was like 8. He's a kid. During the zombie apocalypse. People expect him not to mess up now and then, or throw rocks at a zombie stuck in the mud, or get smitten for a girl and forget about some stuff? Because he almost got disarmed by somebody 2-3 times older and bigger than him? He's saved WAY more lives than he's ever come close to hurting. And he's been way more responsible than a lot of the adults on the show, inc. being a only parent for a baby sibling (Rick has other things to do). For an almost-teenager for most of the series, I say the kid deserves props.

Yeah, I don't get the Carl haters. I agree with all of the above. My only beef with Carl right now is that he needs a haircut... lol

As was said earlier in this thread, I was really pissed when they offed Beth. She went from somebody who pissed me off (when they were on the farm) to somebody I was really getting into (at the hospital). Another character I've done an about-face on is Morgan. He and Rick reconnecting was something I was looking forward to, but now I'm not feeling Zen Morgan. I don't know. Maybe I'm just tired of the actor's bad southern accent.

I was looking up some info on the cast and saw this pic. Damn! Sasha sure does clean up nice!

File:SonequaMartinGreen.jpeg
http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/File:SonequaMartinGreen.jpeg

Last edited:
Don't want Carl dead, just want him to turn his brain on. He's going to get someone killed. He should be able to follow orders and not leave his baby sister. Guess I'm a hard a$$.

Don't want Carl dead, just want him to turn his brain on. He's going to get someone killed. He should be able to follow orders and not leave his baby sister. Guess I'm a hard a$$.

Not at all. What you say is reasonable.

I will say that this series gets people to ask each other "What would you do?" Makes for some interesting conversations/discussions.

He cowardly shot the fat guy in the leg to leave him for the zombies.

He planned to kill Rick.

He was a total douche.

BTW.. I think its great that no one cares that Rick's wife died.

Shooting the fat guy in the leg was the right thing to do to survive and get tge supplies back. Shane's process was acclerated. Most of the characters faced similar dilemmas later

Well, he's finally gone, but what a waste of a death scene. I understand it, but just think you need to save a major character death for something bigger ... Like a plot twist or big mistake.

Reactions: KevH
This was close to the same scene as him almost dying in the prison except he got lucky to still have a ledge there. (Prison shot at vs character suicide causing Glenn's possible demise.)

And just to be sure, there's zero percent chance Glenn made it out alive, right? Because there's absolutely no way out of that horde.

Well it looks like Glenn is dead. "Parts of glenn will be seen in flash backs"

I realize there's prpbably no way out for him anyway, but was that for sure his body, or could it be the other guy who fell on top of him?

Bummed about Glenn's death. I would have hoped that he would have garnered a better death scene. Only 4 left from the original group (Rick, Carl, Carol & Daryl)

To me Glen was "The Scrounger", wonder who will fill his role.

Nicholas landed on top of Glenn, but there's no way he'd make it. Glenn will probably show up as a walker, and Maggie will have to waste him. Much like Morgan could "met" his wife early on in the show.

Usually when a central character dies, he/she appears on the Talking Dead show but the actor playing Glenn didn't seem to be on.

Perhaps he wasn't on because he is reappearing in some form where Maggie or someone else will officially kill him. There is a chance he didn't die. The zombies can be consuming Nicholas who may be laying on top of Glenn...notice how there aren't any zombies going for his head, you would think they would just devour all of him given how many there were..

I repeat, if he lives- the show has become Gilligan's Island. I think he'll be a walker and maybe they will show the life of a walker in an episode. That would be an interesting POV.

Reactions: KevH
Is there any way they COULD possibly save him? I just don't see an escape route. Because it's not like zombies would just ignore the bodies in front of them. They pick those things apart pretty well. The only thing close by is the dumpster, but that won't save him unless there's an open manhole or something under it. There are too many zombies to distract them away from Glenn. I don't understand why he didn't try to climb over the pile and up the stairs up to that building and force a way into it (you guys have guns, you can try to shoot the handle off the door).

Yeah, part of the appeal of the show is that it has been draconian in its approach to killing off central characters. If Glenn somehow makes it out alive, it will definitely be shark-tank-jumping. I do like the idea of using Glenn to see the life of a zombie through his eyes. Perhaps they can have him killed off by Maggie....

Well, he's finally gone, but what a waste of a death scene. I understand it, but just think you need to save a major character death for something bigger ... Like a plot twist or big mistake.

Agreed. As major character exits go, this was weak.

ADVERTISEMENT