ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Watch Stranger Things

I just started. Interesting so far. It has a very ET feel to it. The music has been good too.

Started it last weekend. Just finished it tonight. So freakin' awesome. '83 setting was great. Ominous retro synth. score was badass. Kinda took a page from It Follows. Love that Africa and Waiting For A Girl Like You were in it. Also great acting. Eleven should be up for some awards (she was awesome), plus the Sheriff and Winona.

Lots of homage paid to classic 80s flicks. Opening logo is straight up Stephen King type treatment, episode title font and pan in is Friday The 13th. D&D opening scene and gov't chases on bikes was straight-up E.T. Scenes on the tracks and junkyard was Stand By Me, another S. King nod. Creepy humanoid stuff and weird gov't building reminded me of Halloween 3, Season Of The Witch. Many more I can't think of but picked up on. Some as subtle as a camera angle or technique. These guys did their homework and really made it an homage lovefest.

Great how there was a science teacher semi-aiding them... without knowing. So 80s. Gremlins-influenced perhaps.

Anyway, door is wide open for a season 2. Sign me up.

P.S. Matt Modine... Vision Quest anyone? Love that he was in this.

I'll give it a look as soon as I'm done watching 'Episodes' on Showtime Demand. It's a comedy about a washed up Matt LeBlanc (Joey from Friends) who reluctantly takes a part in a B comedy. It's very funny with some T & A.

Just watched this series these last 4-5 days and I think it's above average. Tried a few times in the past but couldn't get through the first episode but finally had a chance, and while not one of my favorites, it's still a pretty good show. Little Stephen King, little Goonies, little Aliens and I really liked the music and for some scenes it was perfect.

Watch 3 seasons of 'Rectify' on Netflix last week, pretty good.

Goliath w Billy Bob Thornton and John Hurt on Amazon Prime was terrific.

The story is centered in Indiana. However it's filmed in Jackson Georgia. There is a very good Italian Restaurant on the square. (Run by a family from jersey) My wife and I wen't to have dinner and all these old cars were around? I asked the owner what was going on, He said they were filming season 2 of "Stranger Things" We ate then went a couple blocks over watched them film then wen't home and started season 1. Excellent show.

Tried twice and couldn't get past episode 3 - just not my cup of tea
I had the same issue with episode 1 but finally gave it a real chance and it picked up for me. But if you're out to episode 3, it likely isn't to your taste.

Some of their more recent series are pretty good too. I'm 3 episodes into Medici Masters of Florence and I like that one too. I liked The Crown as well.

ordering Netflix this weekend so this and Daredevil are first on my list
Daredevil is also a good one for me, liked season 1 better than season 2 though.

Netflix is suppose to be pumping 6 billion into content and they've been cranking out a bunch of new series, shows,movies lately in addition to acquiring other content.

Depending on the level of subscription you can also stream 2 or 4 devices simultaneously (basically share with family members or friends).

ordering Netflix this weekend so this and Daredevil are first on my list

Cmon Bac! Lol

If your getting Netflix I would go the following.
Daredevil 1 & 2
Narcos 1 & 2
Stranger Things
Luke Cage ( if you enjoy Daredevil )
Bloodline

Luke Cage.. then everything else...
I like all the Marvel content Netflix has made but put Luke Cage down at the bottom of the list. Idk something about the tempo of it and it just felt like you didn't need someone with superpowers to rectify the situation.

I like all the Marvel content Netflix has made but put Luke Cage down at the bottom of the list. Idk something about the tempo of it and it just felt like you didn't need someone with superpowers to rectify the situation.

I think that's fair. I'm not much of a Marvel guy, but did like Daredevil a lot. Loved the overlap and thought the music and fight scenes were badass

Watch Lilyhammer on Netflix. If you like Norway, Springsteen,the Sopranos and like to see the word Politi on someone other than an S/L sportswriter you won't be disappointed.

Started it last weekend. Just finished it tonight. So freakin' awesome. '83 setting was great. Ominous retro synth. score was badass. Kinda took a page from It Follows. Love that Africa and Waiting For A Girl Like You were in it. Also great acting. Eleven should be up for some awards (she was awesome), plus the Sheriff and Winona.

Lots of homage paid to classic 80s flicks. Opening logo is straight up Stephen King type treatment, episode title font and pan in is Friday The 13th. D&D opening scene and gov't chases on bikes was straight-up E.T. Scenes on the tracks and junkyard was Stand By Me, another S. King nod. Creepy humanoid stuff and weird gov't building reminded me of Halloween 3, Season Of The Witch. Many more I can't think of but picked up on. Some as subtle as a camera angle or technique. These guys did their homework and really made it an homage lovefest.

Great how there was a science teacher semi-aiding them... without knowing. So 80s. Gremlins-influenced perhaps.

Anyway, door is wide open for a season 2. Sign me up.

already confirmed a second season

The Last Kingdom (Netflix - 8 episodes) really well done by BBC. Late 9th century England. Danish invasion.

Reactions: okieKnight908
Yeah I posted that back in July. ;)
haha I started reading this thread, when it popped up on the message board, yesterday. I did not read the dates. I was thinking "wow a lot of people just started watching this?". Guess my eyes and brain were turned off yesterday haha.

haha I started reading this thread, when it popped up on the message board, yesterday. I did not read the dates. I was thinking "wow a lot of people just started watching this?". Guess my eyes and brain were turned off yesterday haha.
Yea I resurrected the thread because I just watched it recently. The resurrected Man in the High Castle thread reminded me of it.

It's been good though reading what other NF shows others having been watching, especially with the increased content NF has been pumping out lately.

Reactions: gef21
ADVERTISEMENT