ADVERTISEMENT

OT: We may win the World Cup in 2026

The image of DC is putrid for sure.

It’s mayor is a nutjob , high crime drug gang run city and the dislike for politicians is at an all time high.

Baltimore is known for shooting homicides and and a failed educational system

No surprise they didn’t get a bid.
Hahaha. Like FIFA cares anything about that. You do know that this years World Cup is in Qatar, right???

We really outplayed Canada but they scored twice against the run of play. Cuba was a total mismatch, probably should have scored a few more times.

Pretty easy round of 16 game, then things will get a bit tougher. If all goes well, it likely comes down to needed to beat our youth nemesis Honduras in Honduras for a spot in the Olympics.

Clark has looked solid…I’d say the most impressive guy for me has been Aaronson, reminds me a lot of his brother and has a pretty high ceiling.
Good prediction. USA defeats Costa Rica 2-0, behind two goals by Aaronson the Younger. Honduras beats Panama 2-1. USA will meet Honduras in the semifinals with a 2024 Olympics bid on the line.

By making it to the semis, USA has secured a spot in the 2022 U-20 World Cup.

Good prediction. USA defeats Costa Rica 2-0, behind two goals by Aaronson the Younger. Honduras beats Panama 2-1. USA will meet Honduras in the semifinals with a 2024 Olympics bid on the line.

By making it to the semis, USA has secured a spot in the 2022 U-20 World Cup.

USA looked good last night. I get nervous on the insistence on building up the attack from the back, but things worked out well. The semi-final is in Honduras, so will be a tough match. Nonetheless, it is great to see the team back in the U20 WC - an event the USA has done pretty well. For the last three tournaments, the USA finished in 7th, 6th, 6th (2021 was cancelled).

As for the Olympics, the USA hasn't qualified since 2008.

Shocking result in the early game tonight as the Dominican Republic booked their spot in the u20 World Cup and a matchup Friday night for the Olympics against the Mexico-Guatemala winner…all signs would point to Mexico, but it’s Guatemala with the 1-0 lead in the 44th minute (game on FS2).

Reactions: Doctor Worm
After a 1-1 draw, Guatemala advances on PK's! They only made two of four, which is not good, but it's good enough when your opponent only makes one of five. (Actually, one of six, Mexico also missed one in regulation.)

So... Dominican Republic, a nation who has never been near the world soccer radar, is in the U-20 World Cup. And Mexico is not. I guess that's why they play the games.

I LOVE seeing Mexico get knocked out of both the U20-WC & the Olympics.
Guatemala’s time wasting was so painful in the second half that it almost made me wish I wasn’t rooting for them.

Crazy now that with Concacaf only getting two spots to the Olympics, one of them will go to Guatemala or the Dominican Republic (my prediction is that Guatemala beats them by 2-3, but tonight is a tough game to recover from in 48 hours).

Guatemala’s time wasting was so painful in the second half that it almost made me wish I wasn’t rooting for them.

Crazy now that with Concacaf only getting two spots to the Olympics, one of them will go to Guatemala or the Dominican Republic (my prediction is that Guatemala beats them by 2-3, but tonight is a tough game to recover from in 48 hours).
What ch and time is our next game ?

Looks like Pulisic may be pushed out of Chelsea
Not really pushed out. He's unhappy with Tuchel but he's also never been healthy for a long stretch and has huge periods of inconsistency. With Boehly being owner I would think he might want to keep the most famous American player for marketing reasons. We'll see.

Dominican Republic is going to the Olympics! Win a shootout against Guatemala. US game will start later than 9:00.

USA with an impressive 3-0 win at Honduras! Clinches spot in 2024 Olympics for the first time since 2008 I think. Had already clinched spot in 2023 U-20 World Cup. Final is Sunday night at 8:00 PM on FS1, against DR, a most unlikely opponent.

Reactions: BLewis1968
Agree with someone’s earlier post, need a world class striker.
Been our Achilles heel forever. We always have great athletes on D and in goal, and guys who can run and distribute in the midfield. We’ve never had that clinical killer that can finish. The kind other nations seems to breed at will.

Been our Achilles heel forever. We always have great athletes on D and in goal, and guys who can run and distribute in the midfield. We’ve never had that clinical killer that can finish. The kind other nations seems to breed at will.
That's hyperbole. Truly exceptional #9's are hard to come by.

Euro countries all seem to have them. We blow so many chances that I just don’t see the top counties doing.

Tyler Adams to Leeds now. Becoming USA Central there. Marsch, Aaronson, Adams.

ICYMI, the Women's Senior National Team won the Concacaf W Championship, defeating Canada in the final. Not a surprise to be certain, but not a foregone conclusion either. Canada may not be the US's equal on the women's side, but they're pretty damn close.

This clinches a berth in both the 2023 WWC and 2024 Olympics.

Tyler Adams to Leeds now. Becoming USA Central there. Marsch, Aaronson, Adams.
Aaronson Man of the Match to me today for Leeds. Running everywhere and a goal now too. Adams OK looked a bit off at times. Puli on the bench I see not a huge surprise. Also - Jedi gave Salah some trouble today I imagine he will move bigger than Fulham at some point.

Reactions: Zak57
Aaronson Man of the Match to me today for Leeds. Running everywhere and a goal now too. Adams OK looked a bit off at times. Puli on the bench I see not a huge surprise. Also - Jedi gave Salah some trouble today I imagine he will move bigger than Fulham at some point.
Marsh and Wolves coach having words after match.

Spurs looked good 4-1 and neither Kane nor Son scored.

Tim Ream also looked surprisingly good to me in the Fulham game too. And agree on Aaronson, he was a big factor in their comeback. Leeds is likely in for another relegation fight, so that was a huge 3 points.

Reactions: RuSnp
Didn't even travel to Southampton today due to a "pre-injury injury" whatever that means. As long as Tuchel sticks to this lineup he won't play. You figure Tuchel will experiment a bit but I don't think sniffing around for a potential move is a bad idea at this point. Remember the money spent on Puli and this guy was handed the #10 shirt after a year. The skills are there. Might make sense to step down a level (newcastle etc) to get consistent time with an attack centered around him. USMNT needs him playing and in good form.
I mentioned Newcastle a while back and now there is some smoke Tuchel may indeed move CP and Newcastle are interested. 100% CP should want this to happen. World Cup is a few months away we need him in good shape. He will play at Newcastle and they can challenge for the top 4. It is now barely a step down frankly. Not saying it will happen, but I hope it will. Amazing fan support there and CPs style will make them happy.

I mentioned Newcastle a while back and now there is some smoke Tuchel may indeed move CP and Newcastle are interested. 100% CP should want this to happen. World Cup is a few months away we need him in good shape. He will play at Newcastle and they can challenge for the top 4. It is now barely a step down frankly. Not saying it will happen, but I hope it will. Amazing fan support there and CPs style will make them happy.
Reports are the Pulisic will be offered to Roma in a swap deal for Zaniolo. Seems like Chelsea don’t see CP as part of their future.

Been looking at this thread title for a couple of months and it hit me. Isn't it true we MAY win the World Cup any year?

ADVERTISEMENT