OT: We R Truly Living in Biblical Times!~

RutgersMO

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2001
Rutgers & NJ @ Heart
Covid
Western US on fire 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Smoke in the air from CA, OR, WA, and neighboring states to the Eastern Seaboard
Hurricane Sally dumping 4 months worth of water in 4 hours!
And now this...Michigan spraying for deadly mosquitos

EEE

MO
We're celebrating Rosh Hashanah.... not Passover or the start of Armageddon !

Historically, there has been a lot of seemingly apocalyptic events. Black Death of 1347, wars, nukes, etc. The stuff that's new, and that really concerns me more is the escalating ability to mess with genetics - and to do it cheaply. A reason for apocalypses is supposed to be stopping humans from destroying themselves.

I'm also aware of how the arts presage future developments in a kind of indirect an d Jungian way. So much in entertainment these days is so dystopian its like being prepped

Yes, People Can Edit The Genome In Their Garage. Can They Be Regulated?

Imagine having lived from 1914 to 1960. You would have lived through 2 world wars, the Spanish Flu, the Ukrainian Famine, and 2 brutal communist revolutions. Approximately 180 million died over that period from those 6 events. Now that’s real doom.

CA is way over populated
Covid is not the first and won’t be the last pandemic (thanks China!)

Biblical?

Yeah Biblical.

I've listed 4 ,modern day plagues...and missed several (flu season will be upon us soon).

If the Raritan runs Scarlet and parts... or the first born of anything starts dying off in mass there may be
enough lamb's blood left in fridge.

Happy New Year!

MO

Imagine having lived from 1914 to 1960. You would have lived through 2 world wars, the Spanish Flu, the Ukrainian Famine, and 2 brutal communist revolutions. Approximately 180 million died over that period from those 6 events. Now that’s real doom.
Just to add another, you missed the Chinese famine of the 50’s. Massive death.

Reactions: goru1869
And in 1960 the Cultural Revolution is on the horizon. How many more million?

Yeah Biblical.

I've listed 4 ,modern day plagues...and missed several (flu season will be upon us soon).

If the Raritan runs Scarlet and parts... or the first born of anything starts dying off in mass there may be
enough lamb's blood left in fridge.

Happy New Year!

MO

Covid
Western US on fire 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Smoke in the air from CA, OR, WA, and neighboring states to the Eastern Seaboard
Hurricane Sally dumping 4 months worth of water in 4 hours!
And now this...Michigan spraying for deadly mosquitos

EEE

MO
We're celebrating Rosh Hashanah.... not Passover or the start of Armageddon !
We're gonna need a bigger boat.

Reactions: m1ipabrams
Most of us survived the great toilet paper shortage of 2020. That should count. And Jersey had it's own ,unique problem when we started running low on PORK ROLL.

ADVERTISEMENT