ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Weather for IU at RU: Will Be Cool and Dry

RU848789

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 27, 2001
Metuchen, NJ
Obviously a week out is fairly uncertain, but as of right now, every model shows a storm system in our area Thursday/Friday, but then a cold front coming through by late Friday, leaving cool high pressure in its wake with cool and dry conditions with highs likely in the mid/upper 50s (normal is 61/39F). Way too early to be a lock with the pattern, since the timing of that storm system could easily be off by 12-24 hours, but we're not in a bad spot a week out. Let's see how it develops. Damn a 3:30 pm Halloween game with nice weather coming off a friggin' gargantuan program-remaking win would've been huge for tailgates/fans.

https://www.weather.gov/phi/

Watching the PSU / Indy game and trying to figure a way that Indy can look horrible and still beat them..,

WTF is Indiana doing running the ball at the end of the half with 7 seconds left? Stupid, stupid play especially up 17-7 against PSU.

Edit: and PSU misses the 25-yarder - football justice, as the announcer just said.

Obviously a week out is fairly uncertain, but as of right now, every model shows a storm system in our area Thursday/Friday, but then a cold front coming through by late Friday, leaving cool high pressure in its wake with cool and dry conditions with highs likely in the mid/upper 50s (normal is 61/39F). Way too early to be a lock with the pattern, since the timing of that storm system could easily be off by 12-24 hours, but we're not in a bad spot a week out. Let's see how it develops. Damn a 3:30 pm Halloween game with nice weather coming off a friggin' gargantuan program-remaking win would've been huge for tailgates/fans.

https://www.weather.gov/phi/

Every major model shows the low approaching from the Plains teaming up with the remnants of hurricane Zeta to bring us rain on Thursday into Friday (potentially heavy rain), with a cold front coming through by early Friday, with cool, dry high pressure building in behind the front. At this point, it's basically a lock for cool (mid-50s), dry football weather on Saturday. Wish we could all be there to watch us go 2-0 (that would be sweet woudn't it?).

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lon=-74.44081140622433&lat=40.51837133732744#.X5XERohKh3g

Reactions: Postman_1
Every major model shows the low approaching from the Plains teaming up with the remnants of hurricane Zeta to bring us rain on Thursday into Friday (potentially heavy rain), with a cold front coming through by early Friday, with cool, dry high pressure building in behind the front. At this point, it's basically a lock for cool (mid-50s), dry football weather on Saturday. Wish we could all be there to watch us go 2-0 (that would be sweet woudn't it?).

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lon=-74.44081140622433&lat=40.51837133732744#.X5XERohKh3g

Going to be perfect football weather. Only forecast change is it'll be slightly cooler than earlier forecasts, i.e., the high temp will be around 50F, which is fairly cool (11F below normal for the date), but winds will be light and there will be full sunshine.

No change in the forecast - going to be a perfect fall day for football with sunny skies, light winds and temps in the upper 40s for the game, after a cold morning with freeze advisories up for CNJ/SNJ/SEPA/DE for early Saturday (areas north of there already had a freeze a few weeks ago, so they don't get freeze warnings after that).

We all know damn well if this were a “normal” season the “remnants” of 3 different “named storms” that have hit here, during the week, would’ve nailed us Friday night through Sunday morning of 3 home game weekends!!!

What BAC said. It's going to be downright cold for Halloween. Certainly chilly at the very least and don't think cool is at all accurate.
With no wind and full sun, upper 40s will feel cool not cold, at least to me, although maybe some will think it's chilly. Does it really matter that much, though, if I'm giving the temperature/wind/sun conditions? People can draw their own conclusions based on that and their own tolerance.

Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers
We all know damn well if this were a “normal” season the “remnants” of 3 different “named storms” that have hit here, during the week, would’ve nailed us Friday night through Sunday morning of 3 home game weekends!!!
I dunno Nuts- I feel like we had a good run of tailgating weather the last two seasons. Only the football was bad.

Reactions: Section124
With no wind and full sun, upper 40s will feel cool not cold, at least to me, although maybe some will think it's chilly. Does it really matter that much, though, if I'm giving the temperature/wind/sun conditions? People can draw their own conclusions based on that and their own tolerance.

Local weatherman just said coldest Halloween in 25 years. Call me crazy but that constitutes, “cold.”

Last edited:
This thread makes me think of Halloweens during the old college days.. hopping from party to party... and/or pub to pub.. so many sexy nurses and kittens.. damn you Wuhan Virus!

Reactions: Plum Street
Local weatherman just said coldest Halloween in 25 years. Call me crazy but that constitutes, “cold.”

For NB, it'll likely be the 2nd coldest Halloween for high temp in 20 years and 6th coldest since 1900; for the low temp it'll likely be the 3rd coldest in 20 years and 13th coldest since 1900. But to me, "coldest" in late October isn't that cold. 48F and sunny with no wind just won't feel that cold - it'll feel brisk (the morning low around 30F with little wind, to me, is chilly; cold, to me is a temp or wind chill below 20F). I like that word best, probably.

https://w2.weather.gov/climate/xmacis.php?wfo=phi

Call me crazy again, but when it’s colder than freezing, it constitutes cold. Call my crazy when it’s the 13th coldest since the year 1900, I’m going with cold. ;-)

Reactions: RU848789
Call me crazy again, but when it’s colder than freezing, it constitutes cold. Call my crazy when it’s the 13th coldest since the year 1900, I’m going with cold. ;-)

But seriously, why are you talking about the morning low? Do you think 48F with sunshine and no wind is going to be "cold?" This is about weather for the game for the most part (and even 3 hours before the game if one is doing an at-home tailgate, it'll still be in the mid-40s). I am arguing for sport now...

It will be the coldest sunny day of the season not counting friday..temps have generally been running above normal so it will feel like winter

Reactions: RocktheRac
For NB, it'll likely be the 2nd coldest Halloween for high temp in 20 years and 6th coldest since 1900; for the low temp it'll likely be the 3rd coldest in 20 years and 13th coldest since 1900. But to me, "coldest" in late October isn't that cold. 48F and sunny with no wind just won't feel that cold - it'll feel brisk (the morning low around 30F with little wind, to me, is chilly; cold, to me is a temp or wind chill below 20F). I like that word best, probably.

https://w2.weather.gov/climate/xmacis.php?wfo=phi

Evidence says cold

ADVERTISEMENT