ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Westworld, Season 2

I enjoyed S2 epi1. I think it was a nice blend of laying foundation for the season and actual things happening. (Won’t say anything else....and yes I guess I am biased).
By the way, I saw the panel some cast and creators (Jonah and Lisa) just did at tribeca film festival is online if people are interested. It’s been shared around a bit on social if you search. I only watched the end of the panel so not sure if there are any spoilers.

Entertaining show, but 1st season was too focused on the plot twist and not enough on the plot. From what I've read so far I have high hopes for the 2nd season.

Is this like the old movie (with Yul Brynner) about robots?

I haven't jumped into the series yet, how was season 1? I've heard both good and bad things.

I haven't jumped into the series yet, how was season 1? I've heard both good and bad things.

Good. I'd say that it got better once the robots (or "hosts") wanted to stop acting like robots.

From my Fios TV guide on tonight's episode: "The puppet show is over".

Enjoyed it thoroughly. Kinda reminded me of Lost when they went into the Dharma background.

Love how deep the show is and the implications of technology.

Solid start. Just never fully know what to take at face value.

And you won't until after the season is over, if you are lucky.

That is part of the fun, it forces you to keep guessing. While there are a ton of fan theories for GOT, with Westworld, everyone that watches has to to one since everyone is trying to put the pieces of the puzzle together.

Damn I missed it I thought it started next week. Gotta go talk to the TiVo

Watched it last night.. agreed.. pretty good

not sure I understand who is in charge / responsible for everything going on..

Dolores / Maeve / Bernard / Charlotte / Dr. Ford (dead?) / and um.. Man in Black (Ed Harris)

Ed Harris was always looking for the deeper game.. the game in the game and I think he is in it now

Dr. Ford seems to have set it all up.. He knew Bernard was an android.. right?

Charlotte.. she's the Delos corporate rep seems to be a fixer to serve Delos' own bigger game (miltiary use of androids? even take-over-the-world plan?.. Delores' own goal seems to be that big.. maybe that's not a flaw.. just that her new awareness revealed other programming deep inside the droids).

Bernard.. android in charge of androids.. did Ford make him to take over for when Ford would die? Protect his creation from Delos' goals?

Maeve (Thandie Newton).. interesting that she took control but seems more reactive than a planner of events

Dolores.. definitely seems to see a big picture.. no idea what that might mean

It is going to be fun.. I hope

Reactions: jared04
Great show - it's a hard watch due to the depth and deception by show runners.

Thought the DNA theft of guests was interesting - are they going to send out copied "hosts" into the world.?

Thought the DNA theft of guests was interesting - are they going to send out copied "hosts" into the world.?

Apparently there was an old sequel to the West world movie “futureworld” where I think they did just that. Swapped people out in the real world

Read all the points everyone made, but it was a bit violent for my tastes. Hope that this was just required for setting up the season. I am glad to see Maeve taking a lead role and not sure what to think of Delores who is also a leader of this rebellion. I do want to see what Ed harris does and how he handles it now that the game is real. Looking forward to the sure to come confrontation between him and Delores.

Read all the points everyone made, but it was a bit violent for my tastes. Hope that this was just required for setting up the season. I am glad to see Maeve taking a lead role and not sure what to think of Delores who is also a leader of this rebellion. I do want to see what Ed harris does and how he handles it now that the game is real. Looking forward to the sure to come confrontation between him and Delores.

It is pretty violent all the way. Most of the people getting "killed" are not dead since they are just robots.

ooh.. I like that. How did I forget that idea? As soon as they showed that i thought about that angle.. that has to be it.

I saw the show for the first time Sunday and had to turn it off. I just couldn't take the repetitive killings and the dead bodies lying around in virtually every segment.
Sadly.. yesterday morning I drove past a real DB on route 1 (in northbound lanes which were closed) . There were sheets over it but a hand was sticking out... TV violence in nothing in comparison. So sad...

But in terms of the show... did you watch the pilot episode or one from this season? The pilot was violent.. but all the deaths were of the androids... this season you saw the afternath of the androids going nuts... or rebelling.. "real people" dying.

do you watch any violent shows? Walking Dead? War movies?

Dang I missed the start of the new season?

Thank goodness for OT posts.

Sadly.. yesterday morning I drove past a real DB on route 1 (in northbound lanes which were closed) . There were sheets over it but a hand was sticking out... TV violence in nothing in comparison. So sad...

Police text message said that guy was run over by two tractor trailers. Both drivers stopped.

On my way to class at Rutgers way back I saw a guy get hit by a car, I had already made the turn, and only half saw what happened, but I was freaked out for sure.

damn, this thread went dark quick..

This is a sci-fi show that is suppose to be fun, lighten up.

:flushed:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT