ADVERTISEMENT

OT: WFANs Joe Benigno Accused of Sexual Harassment

“Pressure her”?? Was her job on the line?
I’m sure it doesn’t matter to you nor should it.
But I know the man, he must have thought based on his relationship with her and the signals she was sending him she was interested?
Can you not imagine a scenario in your own life where you were so convinced a women in the workplace was interested in you and you made a pass at her that resulted in her reporting you?

I know I’m old, but the shit we used to do...madone!

That I would show her naked pictures of my wife at work? JFC no! WTF dude.

And yeah we get it that back in the day the baseball clubhouse was a cesspool of misogyny. That's kind of my point: you are totally out of touch with modern standards of professional behavior and frankly you're embarrassing yourself.

Reactions: satnom
Swingers aren’t banned but people who show naked pics of their wife with a prostitute to a coworker to pressure her into a threesome are banned.

Thank god Francessa is back to save the station once again.
Francesa's somnolent rambling ignorance is infinitely preferable to Beningo's geriatric Ron Jeremy act, I guess.

Let's give this guy a break, after all he's had a very tough life, he is a big time Jet, and Met fan.

Last edited:
That I would show her naked pictures of my wife at work? JFC no! WTF dude.

And yeah we get it that back in the day the baseball clubhouse was a cesspool of misogyny. That's kind of my point: you are totally out of touch with modern standards of professional behavior and frankly you're embarrassing yourself.

Absolutely depends on the workplace you are in. I doubt your educational bubble is very much like the real world. Go walk around a music management company and it ain't much different than a baseball clubhouse in the 80's.

Reactions: zappaa
Absolutely depends on the workplace you are in. I doubt your educational bubble is very much like the real world. Go walk around a music management company and it ain't much different than a baseball clubhouse in the 80's.

Good Lord, where to start.

The kinds of rules in place at universities are basically the same as you would hear from HR at any major corporation. So, please, give it a rest with the "real world" vs. "educational bubble" nonsense. I'd like to know of one large company that would be perfectly fine with this behavior. Not in this day and age. If either of us seems out of touch, it ain't me.

Good Lord, where to start.

The kinds of rules in place at universities are basically the same as you would hear from HR at any major corporation. So, please, give it a rest with the "real world" vs. "educational bubble" nonsense. I'd like to know of one large company that would be perfectly fine with this behavior. Not in this day and age. If either of us seems out of touch, it ain't me.
He just gave you an example.
And no one said anyone would be “perfectly fine” ...you made that up, but I know shit happens.
According to Joe the allegations are BS and it never happened, FAN is backing him and returning him to the air Monday,
You act like you’ve never heard of frivolous accusations.
Have you seen Billions on Showtime?
Do you think the depiction is made up?

Last edited:
You wish a guy goes destitute because he speaks poorly of Rutgers Athletics?
Hmmm.. if it happened once it probably happens often.

Who knows how many women he made feel uncomfortable in the workplace. Would you hire a guy who spoke like that to colleagues? Was the ad exec from outside the company? Was she a client of the company and not internal?

And, yeah, what he unfairly says about Rutgers might just mean we show him no mercy for his mistakes. He made his bed, he gets to sleep in it [banana]

As for this single individual accusation.. meh.. look to see if it is likely to have happened. Coworkers should KNOW or at least suspect.. but they probably fear for their jobs if it is a regular thing for him. Back the company.. keep your gig. I don't think distasteful behavior is something worth millions of dollars for accusers... that aspect of this stuff is insane.

Now.. if the employer just looks the other way.. repeatedly? Then a millions of dollars suit is justified to get them to change their behavior.

Hmmm.. if it happened once it probably happens often.

Who knows how many women he made feel uncomfortable in the workplace. Would you hire a guy who spoke like that to colleagues? Was the ad exec from outside the company? Was she a client of the company and not internal?

And, yeah, what he unfairly says about Rutgers might just mean we show him no mercy for his mistakes. He made his bed, he gets to sleep in it [banana]

As for this single individual accusation.. meh.. look to see if it is likely to have happened. Coworkers should KNOW or at least suspect.. but they probably fear for their jobs if it is a regular thing for him. Back the company.. keep your gig. I don't think distasteful behavior is something worth millions of dollars for accusers... that aspect of this stuff is insane.

Now.. if the employer just looks the other way.. repeatedly? Then a millions of dollars suit is justified to get them to change their behavior.
Maybe he’s made no women in the workplace uncomfortable and allegations are false.

Reactions: cicero grimes
Maybe he’s made no women in the workplace uncomfortable and allegations are false.
I agree. Let this play out in court. The burden of proof is on the plaintiff. If she proves her case WFAN should fire Joe asap.

Some just can’t help themselves bashing Ash in a thread that has absolutely nothing to do with him
Its unbelievable, isn't it?

That guy is the perfect example of the basketball-first Rutgers fan. They felt betrayed and abandoned by Mulcahy seemingly focusing on football and Schiano.. which was the very thing that got us into the Big Ten and allows for all the building that is going on for the RAC. Even if they had a real gripe, its time to forgive and forget and stop making triggered posts like the one above.

Possibly. We shall see. You obviously have a reason to believe him. I have no idea. But the guy covers local sports and has never had a kind word for Rutgers so I have no problem not giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Now.. based on what I just read, it seems to me that this could be a case of a 40year old woman, fired after.. well, read this from link above:

The former ad executive's career came to a crashing end soon after the Aug. 26, 2017, Conor McGregor/Floyd Mayweather boxing match in Las Vegas, it is alleged.

In a luxury suite at the match, a brawl broke out between a former male ad exec Lockwood brought as a guest and two current CBS Radio employees over the relative talents of the boxers, the suit claims.

As Lockwood moved to break up the fight, she was punched in the face, according to the suit.

The next day, Lockwood was the only employee to be suspended, it is alleged. Her boss, ad sales exec Sean Argaman, would later fire her, court papers claims.​

I don't see how getting punched in the face warrants HER being the one fired. Unless, of course, if she wasn't trying to break up the fight but was instead a participant... then she's screwed. But how much time was there from the suspension from the fight and her getting fired?

So, as 40year old who just got fired from what could be a dream job, this could just be lashing out. Maybe the radio station wants to hire another young pretty thing to do "ad sales"... :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: This could really be a case of ageism/sexism in firing her. Out with the old, in with the new... which could be what the business needs because of the people who buy ads on sports radio.. maybe they are all horn dogs.. maybe that's how she originally got the job at 29 years old.

Maybe the allegation has a basis in truth.. maybe she targeted Beningo because she knows something about his past that makes him a good target. But if this doesn't become a #metoo moment.. then you are likely right. If other "victims" join the chorus.. :flush:

This employer situation reminds me a friend of mine who had a middle management position at a numbers-cruncher kind of company in NYC. One of his employees dated a co-worker (or two.. not managers over her, more colleagues) and when things didn't work out she started yapping about #metoo kind of stuff.

She became known to be a little.. psycho. But no one challenged her for fear of being sucked in. She began to suck at her job. But they just covered for her. She didn't advance, of course. But was an unproductive person. No one wanted to go through the process of firing her.

Eventually the company was restructuring and had a pretty sweet deal for the older employees to separate.. something like a year and a half of pay just to "retire". My friend encouraged her to take the deal.. she refused.. iirc, she ended up fired with just the standard separation benefits. Last he heard she was still yapping about suing the company. Not sure what happened after the #metoo thing went big... that had to be a big trigger for her.

Last edited:
Sports radio stations in the area 920 AM,97.5 FM,94.1 FM,98.7 FM, 1450 AM in South Jersey

Well Zapp looks like your boy is toast. Amazing that you'll denounce entire religious groups but will defend a loser like Beningo .
I’m not defending him personally, I’m defending anyone presumed guilty by people like yourself without the allegations verified.

As for religious groups, I denounce radical Christian and Muslim zealots...you’ve got me there.

The fact I know Joe, and he’s been very charitable with his time helping kids programs for us, I’m hoping the accusations are false...shoot me.

Is this another case of someone at the parent company going over Chernoff's head to override a decision he made? What a soap opera that station is.

Reactions: RUbacker
I’m not defending him personally, I’m defending anyone presumed guilty by people like yourself without the allegations verified.

As for religious groups, I denounce radical Christian and Muslim zealots...you’ve got me there.

The fact I know Joe, and he’s been very charitable with his time helping kids programs for us, I’m hoping the accusations are false...shoot me.

I must have missed when you endorsed a ban on Christians entering the country.

ADVERTISEMENT