ADVERTISEMENT

OT: What are you all drinking tonight

If you have others just put them in a cabinet or closet for next Christmas. You will see that the longer you age them the less boozy they taste. Aging high alcohol beers is like wine, they all improve with age.
I have a cabinet of stouts and barleywines I'm aging, mostly for verticals, but I almost always tend to enjoy fresh over aged. I understand the argument for the opposite though, but I guess I just don't mind some booziness in the taste.

Tonight I had a great double IPA I picked up in Vermont, In the Pines from a brewery called Freak Folk. Then I decided to finally finish off some Christmas beers I've had sitting in my fridge from a year ago--Anchor Christmas Ale from 2021 and Mad Elf from last year.

Reactions: WhiteBus
Any scotch people out there? I am looking for some information on a gift I just got. It is a bottle of John Walker 2014 Edition Private Collection. From the little I have seen, it is by far the most expensive bottle of booze I have had in my house. Anyone have any intel or insight they can share?

Got a bottle of this for Christmas, cracked it tonight to have a dram while grilling.

J1t5zhg.jpg

Reactions: Bagarocks
Any scotch people out there? I am looking for some information on a gift I just got. It is a bottle of John Walker 2014 Edition Private Collection. From the little I have seen, it is by far the most expensive bottle of booze I have had in my house. Anyone have any intel or insight they can share?

Not familiar with it, so I looked it up. Is this what the bottle looks like?

02-john-walker-and-sons-private-collection-2014.jpg

Last night I broke this out which I hadn't had in quite a while:

TKOA4zr.jpg

Tonight I'm going with the old standby:

2YHLm9N.jpg

Reactions: Postman_1
Finished off this bottle of Clynelish tonight (that pic's from over a year ago when I cracked the bottle):

E2FxeWh.jpg

Only had a dram in that, so poured myself a pony of 18 to sip on while I was making cookie dough.

Finished off this bottle of Clynelish tonight (that pic's from over a year ago when I cracked the bottle):

E2FxeWh.jpg

Only had a dram in that, so poured myself a pony of 18 to sip on while I was making cookie dough.
A man of many talents!

I am contemplating making a Vesper tonight. Getting kinda itchy wanting to try one.

Enjoying this with Tyler tonight before he heads back to UVA tomorrow:

00ef32j.jpg

Going with a Lawson's Fayston Maple Barrel aged stout today. I have no Guinness here so had to substitute. It being St Patricks 🍀 day I figured some of you Irish hoodlums (Goodfellas) would be drinking.

1f4a7ae4-40a2-4fbd-8c5f-32ee5d4874e2_text.gif

Reactions: Jm0513
Whelp..way too much today to list. I'm in NC visiting my sister. After a 6 mile trail run yesterday visited Steel String Brewery, Carolina Brewery, Four Corners Sports bar in Chapel Hill (needed a Guinness and food), Hi-Wire Brewing. Today after another 6 mile trail run it was Growler Girlz, Full Steam, Dissolvr, Glass Jug and Durty Bull breweries. I'm spent but anyone wanting another 6 mile trail run in the am? Count me in. Text me for the trails and/or brewery stops.

So Sunday evening I enjoyed this:

girvan-patent-still-25-year-old-p6375-11206_medium.jpg

One of my new coworkers is Scottish, and found a scotch that bears his name Girvan. So he bought 2 bottles which arrived last week. Friday he gave me a small bottle with probably 4-6 ounces in it. That's what I was enjoying Sunday evening.

Interesting scotch in how it's made, they use a single grain. Here's a link to the scotch:

While I had a mundane but dependable draft of Blue Moon, my brother had this and found it pretty good... Tupac ShaPorter

crop

Glenmorangie A Tale of Winter. Been wanting this for a few years finally got it for Christmas. Very good, one of there limited releases.

53621680131_d12a487f10_c.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT