ADVERTISEMENT

OT: What Craft Beer are you Drinking for Thanksgiving?

bigmatt718

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Mar 11, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
As a Philly resident, I truly am spoiled by the rich craft beer culture of the city. That said, what craft beers will you be drinking when the turkey is carved? I have the Funky Buddha Sweet Potato Casserole for dinner, and the Victory Rye Aged Java Cask for dessert. Both delicious!!

I nailed a 12 pack of Southern Tier assorted IPA's, for before and after dinner.
Wine to be served with dinner, an assortment of reds.
Aspirin before bed..

I visited Southern Tier a few months back, in the middle of nowhere in Upstate NY (Lakewood).
Very cool brewpub attached to the brewery, decent pub grub to eat.
They are one of my favorite breweries, along with Victory, Great Lakes, and then in to California - Russian River, Moylans, Lagunitas and Bear Republic.

I'll be having Vermont Mountain Lakes Shade-Grown Double-Hopped Not Quite Pale Ale and Horst Anderwaggen's Premium Sauerkraut Stout. Actually, I'll be having Jack Daniels since I'm not a pretentious douche-nozzle beer snob.

Reactions: RUJohnny
1 bottle of my own home brew... then some brew from my local brewery (Jughandle in Tinton Falls)... then sam adams winter lager

1 bottle of my own home brew... then some brew from my local brewery (Jughandle in Tinton Falls)... then sam adams winter lager
How is Jughandle's Beer? The shore is a gem for craft beer lovers with Carton, Dark City and Kane about 20 minutes apart.

That's the dream.
yup.... i was friggin excited as hell when they announced they got the green light to open :smiley:.... if they work with Atillios, that would be a college football fans dream... tvs everywhere!!!!!

Has anyone had anything from Conclave Brewery yet? Heard great things but need to get up there at some point.

Went there once. They have a great IPA. They also had some crazy Mexican chocolate stout. It was spicy yet sweet-I could not drink a full glass of that stuff. I have to get back there-very limited hours though-Friday 5-7 and Saturday afternoon-not sure exact times

Has anyone had anything from Conclave Brewery yet? Heard great things but need to get up there at some point.
Yep, I went a couple months ago. Very solid. They have an 'Mexican Milk Stout' -- an espresso milk stout with chile pepper which is pretty fun. Brought home a growler of their IPA which is very solid. They're doing a good job.

I'll be having Vermont Mountain Lakes Shade-Grown Double-Hopped Not Quite Pale Ale and Horst Anderwaggen's Premium Sauerkraut Stout. Actually, I'll be having Jack Daniels since I'm not a pretentious douche-nozzle beer snob.

Thanks for joining in-We got it, you don't like beer but you trash people that do like it because you don't get it-that would make you the douche

In my neck of the woods Tired Hands is a legitimate cult in the Main Line of Philly. Only Void and the Milkshake IPA series are must tries.

I have lotsa stuff in fridge I will sample, Great Lakes Nosferatu, Manayunk Hopgasm, Half Full Rise and Shine Coffee Porter, Southern Tier Mokah is always good with dessert.

Lost boys. Falling for a fad. Go "all in" while you're at it: grow a beard, wear a flannel shirt (untucked), and cover your dome with a faux-frayed ball cap. Just skip all this artisanal nonsense, already. Get back on track with. . . Guinness for strength. Jameson for a wee one or two. Yuengling or Coors for an old fashioned 'Merican "cold one."

Reactions: RUBigFrank
Lost boys. Falling for a fad. Go "all in" while you're at it: grow a beard, wear a flannel shirt (untucked), and cover your dome with a faux-frayed ball cap. Just skip all this artisanal nonsense, already. Get back on track with. . . Guinness for strength. Jameson for a wee one or two. Yuengling or Coors for an old fashioned 'Merican "cold one."
Why have a 5% ABV Guinness when I can have an 18% Tweak by Avery?

Coors is foreign owned. Most, if not all, craft beers mentioned here are American

th
never in a million years did i think the world would have a category labeled "beer tards". cant stand going to a bar and hearing , "So, is it really hoppy, or does the grapefruit essence stand out on the pallet?"

Lame.

Reactions: jabbs1
I'm going local bourbon this year. Needed it for the apple pie so got some extra. Whiskey while cooking the bird, wine with dinner.

th
never in a million years did i think the world would have a category labeled "beer tards". cant stand going to a bar and hearing , "So, is it really hoppy, or does the grapefruit essence stand out on the pallet?"

The Scotch-Tards are even worse, lol. I'll be drinking a fine Piels or maybe a Bud on Thanksgiving while watching football.

Well I gotta say - love anything with grapefruit - there are some really good ones out there. Problem with some/alot of these craft brewers is overdoing it with the hops - yes there is a problem with a very hoppy taste. The Leinenkugel line is very good at avoiding the over hoppy taste -+ and is very deft at brewing smooth tasting beers.

I can't handle and craft beers. I get a terrible headache if it's too dark or hoppy. Give me a Molson or Stella.

Reactions: RUDutch
th
I really don't understand the animosity towards people who like beer that is designed to taste good and not just to produce as much as possible for as cheap as possible. Do you scoff at people who prefer a real Tex-Mex restaurant over Taco Bell? If you don't like craft beer, then simply don't drink it. There's no need to bash others just because they like it and you don't. I don't like wine, so I don't drink wine, but I don't feel any need to criticize people who do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT