ADVERTISEMENT

OT: What Craft Beer are you Drinking for Thanksgiving?

Southern Tier pumking. Yea I know its overpriced but it's a tradition now. Also some resin, some stone and some other local stuff. No I don't have a problem. Well maybe.

BudRed.png

Reactions: Caliknight
I really don't understand the animosity towards people who like beer that is designed to taste good and not just to produce as much as possible for as cheap as possible. Do you scoff at people who prefer a real Tex-Mex restaurant over Taco Bell? If you don't like craft beer, then simply don't drink it. There's no need to bash others just because they like it and you don't. I don't like wine, so I don't drink wine, but I don't feel any need to criticize people who do.
It’s usually the other way around. Non craft drinkers are belittled for drinking “ordinary” beer, or as you just said, the “cheapest” possible.

My favorite seasonal, Mad Elf. A few of those and I forget that I'm talking to the in-laws.

Also look for Dallas Sucks from Weyerbacher for the Eagles vs Cowboys game this weekend, but also will work with the Thanksgiving day games. I haven't found it in any liquor stores in Somerset County yet though. Beermenus says they have it in Milltown, so I'll probably take a trek over there to see if they have it tonight or tomorrow.
Don't take Beer Menus as fact. Call before you go.
I sold over 10 cases Thursday of Dallas Sucks and ran out. Was supposed to get more yesterday but when my delivery arrived there was none. It was listed in the out of stock section on the invoice. It maybe a tough find for anyone.

Reactions: SouthJerseyRU
As a Philly resident, I truly am spoiled by the rich craft beer culture of the city. That said, what craft beers will you be drinking when the turkey is carved? I have the Funky Buddha Sweet Potato Casserole for dinner, and the Victory Rye Aged Java Cask for dessert. Both delicious!!
As a fellow Philly resident I will be drinking the yard’s Tavern Ale With a few Anderson Valley Winter Solstice beers thrown in as well!

Reactions: bigmatt718
Some that are my Thanksgiving standards are St. Bernardus ABT 12 and Anchor Brewing's Christmas Ale (aka Merry Christmas Happy New Year). Anchors Christmas Ale is a different recipe every year. This is their 43rd variation. I usually avoid reviews before I give it a try.
This year I will also add in Einstock's Doppel Bock. So f-ing good!

Reactions: Leonard23
I'm not a craft beer guy but I'm bringing the beer Thursday so last Saturday I went to High Point Brewery in Butler and got some Ramstein Amber Lager and Ramstien Dunkel Hefe Weizen. Hopefully some is still left to bring on Thursday.

I love Alpine Beer Company Duet IPA......I use it with Guinness to make a black and tan.
I had it at their brewery in San Diego (Green Flash), great stuff. Found some in a beer store in Fairvew and seen it in bottles available at a few bars in Brooklyn.

I had it at their brewery in San Diego (Green Flash), great stuff. Found some in a beer store in Fairvew and seen it in bottles available at a few bars in Brooklyn.
They sell it at Total Wine in River Edge, Bergen County. They also have it at Pier 115 in Edgewater. It goes for $13 a six pack but worth it.

My favorite seasonal, Mad Elf. A few of those and I forget that I'm talking to the in-laws.

Also look for Dallas Sucks from Weyerbacher for the Eagles vs Cowboys game this weekend, but also will work with the Thanksgiving day games. I haven't found it in any liquor stores in Somerset County yet though. Beermenus says they have it in Milltown, so I'll probably take a trek over there to see if they have it tonight or tomorrow.

I have a few Dallas Sucks left at home...can bring some to the game Saturday

ADVERTISEMENT