ADVERTISEMENT

OT: What Fraternity were you in?

The one with the old fashion traffic light that used to hang from the fire escape.

And like TKE across the way, building on Union Street was torn down.

My buddy and I DJ-ed quite a few Kappa Sigma parties in the early 80s - kept waiting for that huge bouncing dance floor to collapse, but it didn't. Used to go to a lot of Tau Epsilon Pi parties, too - the one with the firepole you could take down to the basement, where we'd play quarters all night. My friend, who was in the frat, and I became pretty proficient at it - we were each able to make over 100 in a row without missing by bouncing the quarter, held vertically, off its edge. Needless to say, we made a lot of people hurl, lol. And another really good friend was in Lambda Chi Alpha - I recall some crazy parties there...

I never joined a fraternity on the advice of Groucho Marx who once said:

"I wouldn't want to belong to any organization that would have me as a member."

lol where'd you go to high school?
Key words: "fraternity parties with a dj in the 90s". That limits his exposure. Hiring someone to play music at a party was a waste of valuable social dues for most resourceful greeks.

Sorry I asked. Wow. Thought maybe I knew you but guess it was too complicated of a question?

[pfftt]
haha don't be so sensitive, I went to Ocean Township HS. There were 3 of us in the DJ group and a bunch of close friends who helped and were considered part of the group, maybe you knew one of them.

Phi Delta Theta

We were in the old DU house at 66 College Avenue from '92 until '05 or so when the charter was revoked. I lived there in '94 and '95. Wouldn't have traded it for anything. I still tailgate with a group of about a dozen guys and it's growing every year.

The current undergrads are in the old Crow house on Union.

Phi Delt was booted?!? You guys were a model fraternity in the early 90s. What happened?

ADVERTISEMENT