ADVERTISEMENT

OT: What is the longest amount of time you have worn a mask?

What is the longest amount of time you have worn a mask?

• 12+ hours

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • 8 to 12 hours

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • 4 to 8 hours

Votes: 16 13.7%
  • 2 to 4 hours

Votes: 12 10.3%
  • 1 to 2 hours

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • less than an hour

Votes: 33 28.2%
  • less than 15 minutes

Votes: 13 11.1%
  • I never wear a mask

Votes: 4 3.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We tried them at work they lasted 30 minutes. I looked at my guys and said we just can't wear these things and do physical labor. So we're going to have to be vigilant and this is now the gang you have to protect. We have to stay clear of this thing to ensure we keep working. They listened(probably the 1st time ever) and we haven't stopped working.

Last edited:
Reactions: RU Golfer
I'm fortunate to work from home, so whenever I go out, it's more or less by choice. I'm right there with you @GoodOl'Rutgers on the hour point being where I lose my patience. I feel bad for those who have to work and are strapping them on all day.

I would love to go on the party boat fluke fishing. I can't imagine wearing a mask for 4.5 hours non stop so I'm out this season. $$$$

Reactions: bossnj1
4 hours with a mask on a flight to Fort Myers Sunday that got delayed an hour on the tarmac.

I was surprised at how long 4 hrs is in a mask.

Ive been on a job at Newark airport the last few days for the new terminal being built. We had safety orientation on Monday. The person conducting the training did not wear a mask but all people at the training were required too. There are about 900 contractors there all are supposed to wear a mask. Id estimate about 40% do. Maybe even less, most of them are wearing them below there nose too. I had mine on and off the last two days. Im constantly pulling it down below my nose. Hard to do work in this heat with a mask on. Safety glasses just fog right up too. It sucks

Curious what you guys think about studies showing masks do nothing. The virus is smaller than most materials that are being used for mask materials therefore fits through and blocks nothing

When I was younger I worked in a lab where we wore 3M dust/mist masks for 4-5 hours at a clip.

Reactions: Greg2020
I wear one at work all day (8-10 hours) 3 days a week. And yes, the job is more physical than punching computer keys & pushing around paper.

never wear a mask outdoors ever, never at work which of course is outdoors, have not worn a mask the one time I went to beach and dont plan to next time

only wear mask when entering public store...grocery store longest about an hour, worn a mask in bank

wore mask in funeral home during my moms wake so that would be the longest at 1hr 15 minutes

Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers
So the huge reduction in new & active cases, hospitalizations, and deaths in the northeastern states is a result of what then? Magic?

We socially distanced and stayed home pretty damn well in the Northeast, even now to some extent. You seem hell bent on the idea but science says the virus fits through masks. You do believe in science, right?

Reactions: bac2therac
Curious what you guys think about studies showing masks do nothing. The virus is smaller than most materials that are being used for mask materials therefore fits through and blocks nothing
They're not supposed to stop every particle. They're there to stop your breath from shooting the particles out more than 2'. Think about when you sneeze, uncovered particles can travel up to 20'. With a napkin they only travel a few feet. Now with another person wearing a mask 6' away the chance of spread has been decreased dramatically.

I'm glad you stayed home. I'm guessing you didn't get invited out much to begin with.

You know nothing. I'm a business owner in an essential industry that has been working front line throughout this entire pandemic. I masked up last week of February before ANYONE was wearing face coverings and even called Murphys office first week of March urging him to tell people to mask up.

But I'm not a sheep and do not get caught up in the mass hysteria. I'm an extremely considerate citizen thats decided to do some research and have questioned whether any of my recent actions have done any good in light of the science and decided to bring it to this board, that's all.

You don’t wear a mask if you believe the study.

In the past I noticed people spit droplets when they speak. The mask would stops some if not all of the spit. Of course wearing a mask is better than not wearing a mask. It won’t stop 100% but even 40% is better than nothing.

Last edited:
You don’t wear a mask if you believe the study.

In the past I noticed people spit droplets when they speak. The mask would stops some if not all of the spit. Of course wearing a mask is better than not wearing a mask. It won’t stop 100% but even 40% is better than nothing.[/

giphy.gif

Having been an OR nurse my record is over 12 hours for some crazy long surgeries .
I have a huge newfound appreciation for those that have worn masks for years in their normal jobs. I have had a hard time keeping them on for more than 15 or 30 minutes but remind myself of the folks that do it all the time. I’m not sure i could easily do that for a five hour flight but maybe you get used to it?

Did you hear that story at Band Camp CE Dave?
“Go to the postal station and see people picking up their mail. If they’re wearing a mask, they’re Democrats. If they’re not wearing a mask, talking to each other, bumping into each other, they’re Republicans,” Friedman said.

Wearing it 4-6 hours at a clip at my job as a physical therapist. Just noticed tonight irritation along my chin and jawline. Not the end of the world.

Reactions: rurichdog
“Go to the postal station and see people picking up their mail. If they’re wearing a mask, they’re Democrats. If they’re not wearing a mask, talking to each other, bumping into each other, they’re Republicans,” Friedman said.
Chicken Littles vs. the Free Folk

Only to do grocery shopping, so less than an hour and ripping it off as I leave the store.

I have new respect for my daughter waitressing at an outdoor place for breakfast (6-12) and dinner (4-9) 6 days a week It’s not easy

My son wears a mask for 7 hours. My daughter wears not only a mask but also a face shield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT