ADVERTISEMENT

OT- What is your social security number?

Extra Point

Heisman Winner
Aug 9, 2001
Seeing the diversity of everyone's age on the board, I got to thinking some folks here might have a very low SSN. So I want to see what your SSN is in order to see who has the lowest number. For bonus points, you can also include your credit card number so I can see what bank I can charge from umm I mean what banks are most popular.

This is sarcasm based on the other "What is your ______?"

6SffmbC.gif

Social security numbers are not issued in chronological order. For many years, it was possible to tell where someone was from by the opening three numbers of their SSN. So the original post is even stupider than it sounds.

yea right like that's a well kept secret???
gimmee a break. That # is everywhere, you write that # down dozens and dozens of times through the course of the year.
Now the # I like to keep to myself is my DL # that one is a very exclusive # That I don't give out unless its DMV, my Vehicle Ins and or my employer.

F*$k you-- that's my social security number! You know why, mister? Because you drove a Hyundai to get here tonight, I drove an $80,000 BMW. That's my social security number.

While at Rutgers in the mid 80s, I worked at an insurance company in Piscataway. Our employee number was our social security number. Everyone's employee ID card/badge, which had to be visable at all times while in the building, had their photo, name and SSN on it. Obviously, that would never happen today.

While at Rutgers in the mid 80s, I worked at an insurance company in Piscataway. Our employee number was our social security number. Everyone's employee ID card/badge, which had to be visable at all times while in the building, had their photo, name and SSN on it. Obviously, that would never happen today.
Wasn't our student number at Rutgers our SSN back in the day? I recall it definitely being on my student ID card and I'm almost positive I had professors that would post exam grades by student number/SSN (to protect our identities [roll]).

Wasn't our student number at Rutgers our SSN back in the day? I recall it definitely being on my student ID card and I'm almost positive I had professors that would post exam grades by student number/SSN (to protect our identities [roll]).

Block R, you are exactly right. (In the law school, though, we assigned students exam numbers and didn't use social security numbers.) Finally it occurred to the McCormick administration (I think) that this was unacceptable and so student id numbers are used. I taught one semester at the University of North Carolina's law school and it used SSN's as exam numbers. Giving people exam numbers was considered "too complicated." I complained to the Dean that it was easy to tell which students had come from a different part of the country.

SS # was not the student ID even as far back as the early 60' s. At least at Rutgers College.

I'll tell you my social security number and birthday, but no bank account or credit card numbers. I'm not stupid!

birthday:10/28/1955
social: 539-60-5125

Let me know what I win.

I still remember my ID #: 419246 Can't remember my SSN or bank account number for you. I have to admit I got a good laugh when I saw the thread title. Was thinking we had at least one alum living in Nigeria.

Seeing the diversity of everyone's age on the board, I got to thinking some folks here might have a very low SSN. So I want to see what your SSN is in order to see who has the lowest number. For bonus points, you can also include your credit card number so I can see what bank I can charge from umm I mean what banks are most popular.

This is sarcasm based on the other "What is your ______?"
Now we'll see who needs to buy one of these:

83fd02da_smeter3ob_zpsh6wmzka9.jpeg

Reactions: RutgersRaRa

I went in the early 2000's...
Exams often posted partial social (last 4 or 6).
Dining hall if you didn't have ID went by social
Same with verifying you in computer labs

In the system there was an id per student but it was not really given out. I worked in the computer lab and had access to the student database system to verify identities.

Today military ID's are your SSN #, but mine was a separate #,
and a number I can never forget even though it was well over 50 years
ago. I guess because you didn't identify yourself by your name, when ever
you did paperwork the first question was your service #.

042-68-4425

That's the SSN number of a Connecticut man who was born in the 1890's.The number was brought back to life by a very famous person in 2010.

In VA, SSN was on drivers licenses until around 2003. I worked for the Dept of Defense, and SSN was used on everything. Employee ID, badge, all forms, expense reports, everything. Nobody seemed troubled by that.

SS # was not the student ID even as far back as the early 60' s. At least at Rutgers College.
They must have went back to it then because my student ID was my social security number during at least my freshman year in 2005-06. I think midway through the year they ditched that and everybody had to get a new student ID.

ADVERTISEMENT