ADVERTISEMENT

OT what to expect at a Bruce show

A fairly long show by typical concert standards. Probably a fair amount of pontificating.

Regrettably, you missed your opportunity to see the real E Street Band.

The first 5 or 6 songs will have good energy. After that the River Album pace slows. Take a long walk and get back for the songs before the encore.

A fairly long show by typical concert standards. Probably a fair amount of pontificating.

Regrettably, you missed your opportunity to see the real E Street Band.
Real-this version of the E a Street band for the River tour is actually stripped down from the last twenty years or do. No horns etc. you are probably referring to the loss of Clarence, who was legendary and a huge force within the sound. Nephew Jake is pretty good though

Reactions: Southern Gentleman
Real-this version of the E a Street band for the River tour is actually stripped down from the last twenty years or do. No horns etc. you are probably referring to the loss of Clarence, who was legendary and a huge force within the sound. Nephew Jake is pretty good though

Clarence Clemons and Danny Federici.

The first 5 or 6 songs will have good energy. After that the River Album pace slows. Take a long walk and get back for the songs before the encore.

I think it's a shame that more people don't appreciate the whole album. As a compilation, it's a great piece of writing. It tells a story. My guess is that the story really only resonates with those of us who were intimate to both the times and the location. Personally, I like the down-tempo songs on that album.

I went to the Saturday night show and Bruce and the Band sounded great. Jake has really stepped up since the last tour. The River is played in sequence and the songs that follow got the crowd dancing. There was no politics and it was a 4 hour show. Great energy and Bruce was very happy to be in Brooklyn. Tonight will be great. Enjoy.

Last night was outstanding. The River was fabulous. I like the slower songs more than the rockers. It was great to see Stolen Car live. No politics. Let a10 year old girl song the e.tire Blinded By the Light. The band blew the roof off with Born to Run and Rosalita. Hands down, Bruce and the E Street Band are one of the greatest live shows in rock history.

Last edited:
Whats not to like? Was there last night an the show was awesome. Cant see anther band who puts on a show like Bruce and E Street Band

Whole crowd was very much into it. One of the highlights was Bruce bringing up on stage a 10 yr old girl who sang Blinded by the Light and the whole crowd singing the chorus..... was a great moment and something you will only see at a Bruce Springsteen and the E Street band Show.

Set list is below...played 3 1/2 hours straight through.....guys is approaching 70 years old quite amazing. If you cant enjoy this kind of performance I feel bad for you that you cant get any enjoyment out of life.

1. Meet Me in the City
    Play Video
  2. The River
  3. The Ties That Bind
    Play Video
  4. Sherry Darling
    Play Video
  5. Jackson Cage
    Play Video
  6. Two Hearts
    Play Video
  7. Independence Day
    Play Video
  8. Hungry Heart
    Play Video
  9. Out in the Street
    Play Video
  10. Crush on You
    Play Video
  11. You Can Look (But You Better Not Touch)
    Play Video
  12. I Wanna Marry You
    Play Video
  13. The River
    Play Video
  14. Point Blank
    Play Video
  15. Cadillac Ranch
    Play Video
  16. I'm a Rocker
    Play Video
  17. Fade Away
    Play Video
  18. Stolen Car
    Play Video
  19. Ramrod
    Play Video
  20. The Price You Pay
    Play Video
  21. Drive All Night
    Play Video
  22. Wreck on the Highway
    Play Video
  23. Boom Boom
    (John Lee Hooker cover)
    Play Video
  24. Loose Ends
    Play Video
  25. Blinded by the Light
    Play Video
  26. Trapped
    (Jimmy Cliff cover)
    Play Video
  27. Badlands
    Play Video
  28. My Love Will Not Let You Down
    Play Video
  29. Prove It All Night
    Play Video
  30. Thunder Road
    Play Video
  31. Encore:
  32. Purple Rain
    (Prince cover)
    Play Video
  33. Born to Run
    Play Video
  34. Dancing in the Dark
    Play Video
  35. Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)
    Play Video
  36. Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
    Play Video
  37. Shout
    (The Isley Brothers cover)
    Play Video
  38. Bobby Jean
    Play Video

Reactions: lighty
It's a shame when people let their personal politics affect everything about their lives. Whether you like Bruce or not, there's little debate about the guy and the band being among the best live shows ever.

Few artists could handle a 3+ hour performance. It's amazing he still can.

This is the view a buddy of mine had last night:

161nae.png

It's a shame when people let their personal politics affect everything about their lives. Whether you like Bruce or not, there's little debate about the guy and the band being among the best live shows ever.

Few artists could handle a 3+ hour performance. It's amazing he still can.

Thing is though. Bruce brings the politics into his shows. Not the critics.

Thing is though. Bruce brings the politics into his shows. Not the critics.

I was there Saturday. There was not one word of political speak besides the music. Even when he used to do a political "rant" in his 2003 and on shows, it was typically brief, under 2 minutes in a 3+ hour show. He was bemoaning an unjust war. And it was never a shock what his politics are, so if you knew it would offend you why go? Or perhaps you've never been?

As a small aside, the fact that anyone in the Reagan administration pushed for Born in the USA to be his campaign song shows that sometimes stupid people come to power also. There is nothing ambiguous about the lyrics in that song. That said, the song is much more pro-soldier than anti-US.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peteyd
Got to love the man as a humanitarian - some examples - when his personal trainer died he took care of the family financially. If you drive by senior housing in Asbury Park you will see a senior bus donated by the man. Historically musicians have had a significant impact on social attitudes in this country - Frank Sinatra insisted on equal treatment for African Americans when he toured with Sammy Davis Jr.

And he does a lot of work for the Food Bank in Monmouth County and supporting the various organizations at EVERY concert to feed the poor.

Oh, and Chris Christie was there last night, dancing to Ramrod. Last time I checked, he was a Republican.

I saw him at Penn State last week. Also no politics, just a shout out to the local food bank.

Girls I was responding to a specific criticism and my point was on topic. Don't get your panties in a bunch about no politics last night or Ted Nugent. I'm not a fan of either of them and don't care about any performer's politics.

So swing the purses elsewhere, fanbois.

Whats not to like? Was there last night an the show was awesome. Cant see anther band who puts on a show like Bruce and E Street Band

Whole crowd was very much into it. One of the highlights was Bruce bringing up on stage a 10 yr old girl who sang Blinded by the Light and the whole crowd singing the chorus..... was a great moment and something you will only see at a Bruce Springsteen and the E Street band Show.

Set list is below...played 3 1/2 hours straight through.....guys is approaching 70 years old quite amazing. If you cant enjoy this kind of performance I feel bad for you that you cant get any enjoyment out of life.

1. Meet Me in the City
    Play Video
  2. The River
  3. The Ties That Bind
    Play Video
  4. Sherry Darling
    Play Video
  5. Jackson Cage
    Play Video
  6. Two Hearts
    Play Video
  7. Independence Day
    Play Video
  8. Hungry Heart
    Play Video
  9. Out in the Street
    Play Video
  10. Crush on You
    Play Video
  11. You Can Look (But You Better Not Touch)
    Play Video
  12. I Wanna Marry You
    Play Video
  13. The River
    Play Video
  14. Point Blank
    Play Video
  15. Cadillac Ranch
    Play Video
  16. I'm a Rocker
    Play Video
  17. Fade Away
    Play Video
  18. Stolen Car
    Play Video
  19. Ramrod
    Play Video
  20. The Price You Pay
    Play Video
  21. Drive All Night
    Play Video
  22. Wreck on the Highway
    Play Video
  23. Boom Boom
    (John Lee Hooker cover)
    Play Video
  24. Loose Ends
    Play Video
  25. Blinded by the Light
    Play Video
  26. Trapped
    (Jimmy Cliff cover)
    Play Video
  27. Badlands
    Play Video
  28. My Love Will Not Let You Down
    Play Video
  29. Prove It All Night
    Play Video
  30. Thunder Road
    Play Video
  31. Encore:
  32. Purple Rain
    (Prince cover)
    Play Video
  33. Born to Run
    Play Video
  34. Dancing in the Dark
    Play Video
  35. Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)
    Play Video
  36. Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
    Play Video
  37. Shout
    (The Isley Brothers cover)
    Play Video
  38. Bobby Jean
    Play Video

Approaching 70 years old ? He's only 66.

Don't forget that 60 is the new 40. That fact will be helpful to you someday.

Reactions: fg7321
WOW! What a great performance. Jumba72 was spot on. I’m struggling today, but really enjoyed the show. I can’t believe he plays that long without stopping, throwing guitars back and forth, crowd surfing, and bringing fans on stage. The guitar solo in purple rain was crazy. Definitely worth seeing again.

Reactions: Peteyd
By the way, I forgot to mention...

Audience participation is encouraged at Bruce concerts. Specifically, whenever Patty steps up to the microphone to sing you should get as many people as you can to all yell, "RICKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYY!!! I WANNA BE IN THE SHOWWWW!"

(The younger folks won't get the reference)

By the way, I forgot to mention...

Audience participation is encouraged at Bruce concerts. Specifically, whenever Patty steps up to the microphone to sing you should get as many people as you can to all yell, "RICKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYY!!! I WANNA BE IN THE SHOWWWW!"

(The younger folks won't get the reference)
She was not at the Barclays shows. [banana]

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT