ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Whatever happened to <User>?

onesimus

Senior
Gold Member
Feb 12, 2007
Thought it'd be interesting to ask about Users on this site that have seemed to disappear. Anybody know where they lurk? Or whether they're doing ok?

3 for me.

Brodo (sp?) - He was actually the reason I joined this site as I always appreciated his dedication in uploading video files for us to download/watch.

NYCBanker - I'm pretty sure it was a meme account, but the threads were hilarious.

Siberian guy we all sent gear to - What's he up to?

The Finkenstadt caravan thread in an alltime classic. Specially when that one user legitimately asked if he could get a ride and Fink was saying there's no more seats left... but he can sit on his lap.
I was pissing my pants reading that!

RUFan4Life
MUGRAT
Scarlet Johansson (okay I'm likely just making this up but HOW has nobody ever used it??)
Frieda's Boss

Mr. Television
1968509.jpg

Joe Higgins. The guy who was infamous for chugging beers in the stands. Particularly one game at USF (we had about 5K fans in the upper deck; crushed them) when videos started popping up all over the net.

Jellyman
Oldman87 (I think that’s his handle, guy is funny as hell)
ruhudsonfan — respect the hell out of that guy

Reactions: knightfan7
Who was the guy sleeping with a trustee and who knew about Ash a week before anyone else?

Jellyman
Oldman87 (I think that’s his handle, guy is funny as hell)
I remember Jellyman posted a goodbye post, stating that he was following his friend John O to TOS.

My favorite was Bones131. He was the master of the spoof post. He had the formula down pat. Start with a premise that was unusual but believable. Then gradually take it further and further out there, until eventually the reader realizes that he'd been spoofed. Or not.

With Bones, any day could be April 1.

Who was the guy sleeping with a trustee and who knew about Ash a week before anyone else?
That was FirstTimePoster. I don't think there was a second time. Clearly, he had gotten inside info from somewhere. Whether he got it in exactly the manner he claims, is uncertain.

EDIT: I think Zak is right: OneTimePoster.

Mr. Television
1968509.jpg

I actually met him in Scarlet Fever the day of the spring game. He said he's very busy & has no time to post or send out his newsletter anymore.

Hudson is running a business in Betrardsville & coaching his son's baseball teams.

Siberian guy we all sent gear to - What's he up to?

Not sure it's the same Siberian guy I sent magnets (& a bunch of other stuff) to, but how many Siberian RU grads can there be? He moved somewhere out of Siberia & is happy. He said that Putin was locking down Facebook & Twitter a couple of weeks ago so he would be out of contact for awhile.

Derleider for me as well.
Also, LCP and BBMMTM
I have no idea if he still lurks or posts under a different handle now, but LCP appears to be alive and well. I had seen him referenced the other day in a thread and I looked into it. Terrific guy who was kind enough to host me at a basketball game years ago - maybe 2004? Perhaps against Wisconsin back when that was a novel nonconference game for you guys? He liked me, so he's obviously kind and charitable!

We lost touch, but he is a mensch, for sure, a guy you should be proud to call a Rutgers man.

LawMatt or something along those lines, he was a contributor to all of the Rutgers new construction threads.

There was another gent who was around maybe 10 years ago who used to always talk up Steakhouse 85 and his nephew working there. No recollection of his handle but I enjoyed his sarcastic wit.

Being his arrogant self on 247 very recently. Not sure there whereabouts of his equally jerky brother, "SickOfLosing," however.
Forgot about that guy. He was truly a ballbuster. I'm not even sure he believed that he posted after a while. Think he just enjoyed board fights.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
ADVERTISEMENT