ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Whatever happened to <User>?

Mr. Television
1968509.jpg

@MrsScrew bumped into him somewhere recently.

ETA: Never mind.

Last edited:
Maybe that 3 and out was the final straw.
The straw that nearly broke this camel's back was the Iowa game after that New Mexico game.

My kids refuse to go to games now that they are adults who make their own decisions (kids smarter than parents?). Also, this was the game in which Janarion Grant broke his ankle.

This sequence was classic Ash:
  • 1st & Goal at IOWA 3​

(5:53 - 2nd) Tylin Oden run for 1 yd to the Iowa 2
  • 2nd & Goal at IOWA 2​

(5:53 - 2nd) Tylin Oden run for no gain to the Iowa 2
  • 3rd & Goal at IOWA 2​

(5:53 - 2nd) Chris Laviano run for a loss of 1 yard to the Iowa 3
  • (2:10 - 2nd) Timeout RUTGERS, clock 02:10
  • 4th & Goal at IOWA 3​

(2:10 - 2nd) Chris Laviano run for 2 yds to the Iowa 1

The straw that nearly broke this camel's back was the Iowa game after that New Mexico game.

My kids refuse to go to games now that they are adults who make their own decisions (kids smarter than parents?). Also, this was the game in which Janarion Grant broke his ankle.

• 1st & Goal at IOWA 3​

• 2nd & Goal at IOWA 2​

• 3rd & Goal at IOWA 2​

• 4th & Goal at IOWA 3​

That was the game that prompted Mehringer's memorable line, "Bless his heart, he (Oden) just doesn't have enough ass behind him to punch it in."

So we brought in Jonathan Lewis, for whom insufficient ass volume was not an issue.

• 1st & Goal at IOWA 3​

• 2nd & Goal at IOWA 2​

• 3rd & Goal at IOWA 2​

• 4th & Goal at IOWA 3​

We were in that damn game until then! Wait till your kids want tickets again - it’s gonna happen!

" Take it to the bank"? Was that him?
yep.. but in his favor.. I saw him, and Mike from LV, both reach out to help other posters with whom they often disagreed politically. They clearly both helped others as fellow Rutgers fans or just as human beings... nice to see.

Now, as for being wrong.. guaranteed Kerry (or was it Gore? was it that long ago?) would win Ohio (where he was working for Kerry(or Gore), iirc) The bank foreclosed on that idea...

Reactions: redking
I remember Jellyman posted a goodbye post, stating that he was following his friend John O to TOS.

My favorite was Bones131. He was the master of the spoof post. He had the formula down pat. Start with a premise that was unusual but believable. Then gradually take it further and further out there, until eventually the reader realizes that he'd been spoofed. Or not.

With Bones, any day could be April 1.

I know Bones (friend of a friend). Good guy. Still around and healthy last I heard.

Reactions: redking
yep.. but in his favor.. I saw him, and Mike from LV, both reach out to help other posters with whom they often disagreed politically. They clearly both helped others as fellow Rutgers fans or just as human beings... nice to see.

Now, as for being wrong.. guaranteed Kerry (or was it Gore? was it that long ago?) would win Ohio (where he was working for Kerry(or Gore), iirc) The bank foreclosed on that idea...
I'm wondering how I could have forgotten Mr. Entertainment himself....Mike from LV .

Frieda's still here, check the stock thread.

How about MozRU?
MozRU is still here from time to time, but he is busy raising his little ones. He brought one of his sons to the last home game last year. Was good to see him. It’s was a few years since he last made a game (it part to Covid).

We were in that damn game until then! Wait till your kids want tickets again - it’s gonna happen!

I'm still trying to figure out the "Let's run a pretzel stick of a QB through a Big 10 defensive line!" decision.

"dtn*" seems to have stopped posting too.

Sat with him at one of @MrsScrew 's away game parties - never thought to ask.

I'm wondering how I could have forgotten Mr. Entertainment himself....Mike from LV .
I forget who it was he hosted in LV.. he ran a poker room at a big place.. but they were def on opposite sides of some heated battles. Earned major points with me then. Some people can be obnoxious but have good hearts when it comes down to it.

I remember Jellyman posted a goodbye post, stating that he was following his friend John O to TOS.

My favorite was Bones131. He was the master of the spoof post. He had the formula down pat. Start with a premise that was unusual but believable. Then gradually take it further and further out there, until eventually the reader realizes that he'd been spoofed. Or not.

With Bones, any day could be April 1.

Haven't seen Bones in a while, is he still around?

Met him once at one of the tailgates.

Nice guy.

I wonder what he is up to now?
Dtn, whom I very much agree is a good guy, holds the dubious distinction of being one of two forum members to legitimately make me lose my temper here on Rivals. Just once on the CE board. I cannot recall the subject.

I‘ve wondered about him as he hasn’t been posting for years now, IIRC. Hope all is well and he just got tired of the CE board game, as I have.

Last edited:
I think some of the posters missing having younger kids contributing just based on ages if I had to guess.

I remember Derleider said his wife was expecting before he mostly disappeared.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT