ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Who do the Giants and Jets go for in the draft?

SkilletHead2

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Sep 30, 2005
New Zealand
I'm hoping the Giants end up with a QB. I really like Murray a lot more than the other three first rounders, but would be happy with any of the three of them, especially if they could get them at 17. I'd trade 17 and 6 to get #1 pick and get Murray. I think he is a potential game changer.

Otherwise, I'd go for one of the edge rushers, preferably not Gary.

Trade the #17 to the Cardinals for Rosen and switch from the #5 position in the second round taking Arizona's #1 pick in that round and giving them the 5 for it.

Trade the #17 to the Cardinals for Rosen and switch from the #5 position in the second round taking Arizona's #1 pick in that round and giving them the 5 for it.
You think the Cards'll take that? As a Giant fan, I certainly would. But then, I didn't see Rosen play last year. What do you think about Grier?

You think the Cards'll take that? As a Giant fan, I certainly would. But then, I didn't see Rosen play last year. What do you think about Grier?
Grier would be a good one to take to devolve behind Manning, but I think Josh has more tools and a better feel for the game and would be willing to learn from Manning .
The Cards wanted him to sit and learn his rookie year, but had to throw him into the fire without helping him escape the heat.
The Card OL was a sleeve and only Fitzgerald could be counted on to help out when talking about their receivers .
They had a rookie Kirk that was doing pretty good, but was injured the last 4 games.
Arizona's running game was supposed to be strong, but didn't prove to be and that hurt Josh's play as well.

Reactions: SkilletHead2
I think the Giants are gonna take Dan Jones from Duke with their #6 pick.
Hopefully an OT with the other 1st round pick.
The Jets I think will take the Allen kid from Kentucky, by way of Montclair.

Heard there could be 4 QBs in Top 10 - Murray, Haskins, Jones and Locke.

Not sure Giants will be able to get their QB at 17 if they pass at #6.

This is what happens - QBs also go earlier than expected. The return if you hit on a QB is too high to pass up.

Giants are exquisitely aware of what QB drama looks like. They know if they draft a top QB the multiple stresses will escalate immediately, and they could have a circus on their hands. They are weary of circuses.

Giants were also losing games because of defense more than offense. They scored decent points but gave too many back. They have to like some of the top defenders in this draft more than the QBs.

A QB selection would be drafting need. Choosing a defender would be drafting best player available and need

Reactions: rutger80
Hoping that Bosa will drop to the Jets.
Highly unlikely he gets by SF, but you never know.

No secret that the Jets would like to trade down. Atlanta (at 14) and Washington (at 15) are reportedly quite interested. I assume it would take a #2 this year and a #1 in 2020. We shall see. If LA Raiders are truly coveting Haskins at 4, that would only increase the value of the Jets pick.

Jets will take defense . Giants should get a quarterback some how . Goodell will get booed

Giants desperately need D and use #6 for that. 17 could be D or offensive line. Trade a 3rd rounder for Rosen and you have your QB, they liked him last year anyway and now has a year under his belt.

If the Jets trade down they are stupid they can get a game changing pass rusher where they are. The rebuild has to end they are in win now mode with the pieces they have in place. If they trade down they are showing that they are afraid of "missing" with the 3rd pick. Look you can't keep accumulating picks forever, and if that is what they are thinking they need a new GM that can evaluate talent and make picks.

Go Giants......

Giants desperately need D and use #6 for that. 17 could be D or offensive line. Trade a 3rd rounder for Rosen and you have your QB, they liked him last year anyway and now has a year under his belt.

If the Jets trade down they are stupid they can get a game changing pass rusher where they are. The rebuild has to end they are in win now mode with the pieces they have in place. If they trade down they are showing that they are afraid of "missing" with the 3rd pick. Look you can't keep accumulating picks forever, and if that is what they are thinking they need a new GM that can evaluate talent and make picks.

Go Giants......

Rosen is going to cost more than a 3rd rounder

Reactions: Knightmoves
Not really overwhelmed with any of the QB choices this year. I think the Giants should address defense with #6 and OL with #17. I'd be ok if they took whatever QB was available with their 2nd round pick.
Need a pass rush!

Taking a backup QB in the 2nd round is beyond useless and a complete waste of a pick.

You either take one at #6 (potentially the 3rd QB off the board) or you don’t take one at all.

Downside is that the Giants will most likely not have another Top 5 pick next year and will have probably have to trade up to get a QB - forfeiting more picks.

Last edited:
Taking a backup QB in the 2nd round is beyond useless and a complete waste of a pick.

You either take one at #6 (potentially the 3rd QB off the board) or you don’t take one at all.

Downside is that the Giants will most likely not have another Top 5 pick next year and will have probably have to trade up to get a QB - forfeiting more picks.

Jones or Lock maybe available at 17.

Well, the idea is that he would only be a backup for a year, then a potential starter. Not all QBs who are starters were first round picks.

I think it's very plausible that the Giants will be back in the top 5 next year with the team they currently have.

Reactions: colbert17
From what Ive read this draft is top heavy=loaded in defensive linemen and pass rushers so hopefully both teams will do well. I heard one service rated Quinnen Williams of Alabama the best prospect by far. Ive seen him linked to the Jets at 3 and hope they land him. Bosa is supposedly being taken at the 2. I also heard the jets have many glaring needs so they may be best trading their first pick for 2 "later" picks or so to fulfill their needs.

Will be interesting to see what the Cards now do with Rosen. Love to see the Jints get him, but not with a first rounder. Second round would be good.

Giants should draft best available and tank this season to draft Clemson QB Trevor Lawrence next year
You have to love pro sports and competition. When does pro football do like pro hoops and let players assemble their own all-star teams?

Giants are going to get Montclair DE Josh Allen . Surprised Oakland took the Clemson DE Ferrell ahead of him.

Giants should draft best available and tank this season to draft Clemson QB Trevor Lawrence next year
Here's the problem with the "wait til next year" strategy for the Giants getting a QB.

• They passed up taking a QB when it would have taken only pick 2
  • They pass up taking a QB when it will only take them pick 6
  • Go 7-9 instead of 5-11 this year, and they are drafting about 15. They would have a move up a lot to get their QB, and instead of one pick it will cost them multiple 1sts and 2nds to get who they want (IF they can even get there).

ADVERTISEMENT