ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Why are there so many OT threads when there is another section for OT topics?

sct1111

All American
Nov 30, 2014
There are more OT threads in the football section then football threads. It's getting ridiculous. Isn't there a section for general discussion and off topic subjects? I don't care about your American Express Costco card or the dangers of not vaccinating your children. Can the mods keep the Rutgers football forum about Rutgers football?

.. and complaining about not enough football threads in the middle of summer.
This time of year is hot with recruiting. Keep the OT topics to the OT section. At least make them somewhat relevant to Rutgers or college football.

This time of year is hot with recruiting. Keep the OT topics to the OT section. At least make them somewhat relevant to Rutgers or college football.

Well then make a hot recruiting thread. I'd check it out.

The OT section is not really an OT section, despite what it's labeled. It's a political section that most here don't read. A typical OT thread withers on the vine over there. This gets rehashed every couple weeks. In OT threads.

Reactions: RUChoppin
There are actually a good number of threads lately on Washington, recruiting, the B1G TV cash cow and various other football topics. Many threads don't get responses or get few responses, while we get transfixed on the OT topics. We seem to be doing OK on football threads considering it is June.

There are actually a good number of threads lately on Washington, recruiting, the B1G TV cash cow and various other football topics. Many threads don't get responses or get few responses, while we get transfixed on the OT topics. We seem to be doing OK on football threads considering it is June.
Eh, the OT's are way more numerous than other teams' boards. I just wish the mods would do a better job cleaning it up.

Hell maybe I should just get premium.

And now for our weekly obligatory OT thread complaining about OT threads.
If there are a lot of complaints then maybe something should be done about it. No? What do I know though, I am a millennial after all.

Get busy
sr07NickAllicockPuke.jpg

What you don't like pictures of old scrawny dudes taking pictures of themselves in the gym?

Most boards don't have many OT posts for two reasons...
1. There aren't many free boards as active as this one.
2. For better or worse, this is our board's culture. We don't disappear in the off-season. We keep it right here and talk about anything, like a bunch of guys in a bar would if a game wasn't on.

It has been this way for 20 years. When there is something football related to talk about, we do it.

The premium board is more focused.

This board is turning into a bunch of old guys discussing colonoscopies, complaining about millennials, and grieving about their enlarged prostates.

You've literally described ONE thread! [roll]

Isn't there a section for general discussion and off topic subjects?

Yes, the football main free board is it.

If you want more focused football discussion, pay for premium.

There is no "OT" board - there's a largely unmoderated political clubhouse with about 7-8 people who account for 80-90% of discussion. It's like the edge of an old map where it says "Here there be dragons". When a post gets shifted over there, it's usually because it's become too politically toxic for general consumption.

Reactions: Scarlet1984
Here's something to think about.

If you're not a premium member be thankful that there's a cool discussion board you can access and talk Rutgers sports without Paying for it. Think as the off topics as commercials.and avoid them if you want. Jeez, you sound like someone is forcing you to click on the threads.

And why aren't moderators merging these obviously redundant threads....

/Sarcasm/ <- shouldn't need this but otherwise someone well give it a serious reply.

Pro tip - If you don't like OT threads, don't open and read threads that start with OT:

You're welcome.

Reactions: RUDutch
There are two rules to RU Football Chat (which is one of the most traffic'ed boards in the country)

1. FOOTBALL only during the season. Wrestling is ok once in awhile because they are tough guys. I go ballistic when hacks post BBall threads here. You have your own board - Not my problem FB rules at RU and people don't traffic your board as much as this board. Stop looking for attention here.

2. OTs in off season for entertainment and help.

Get it pal??????????

What the young guys will learn soon enough, things in life and on this board do not change, you just get older. Its the same thing every year.

There are more OT threads in the football section then football threads. It's getting ridiculous. Isn't there a section for general discussion and off topic subjects? I don't care about your American Express Costco card or the dangers of not vaccinating your children. Can the mods keep the Rutgers football forum about Rutgers football?

Shouldn't this thread be in the "OT" section? LOL

Irony, your name is this thread.

Fwiw, OT threads on premium get moved to THIS board, not the OT board

Actually, two other words - Late June

Even recruiting is close to dead this time of year.

There is a lot of recruiting going on now in the camp season, it does slow down in July, but that is mainly on the premium board.

I agree 100%. Also there is selective moving of OT posts to the OT board.

2. For better or worse, this is our board's culture. We don't disappear in the off-season. We keep it right here and talk about anything, like a bunch of guys in a bar would if a game wasn't on.

It has been this way for 20 years. When there is something football related to talk about, we do it.

* * * Hint Hint * * * [winking]

See below:
There is no "OT" board - there's a largely unmoderated political clubhouse with about 7-8 people who account for 80-90% of discussion. It's like the edge of an old map where it says "Here there be dragons". When a post gets shifted over there, it's usually because it's become too politically toxic for general consumption.
Or because a thread has the vast potential to move quickly into that toxic area, and since we don't have 24/7 monitoring, it's better to just preemptively move it.

Eh, the OT's are way more numerous than other teams' boards. I just wish the mods would do a better job cleaning it up.

Hell maybe I should just get premium.
Not a bad idea, sport.

This is a VERY polite way of saying something else.

Yes, the football main free board is it.

If you want more focused football discussion, pay for premium.
Again, another good idea.

Here's something to think about.

If you're not a premium member be thankful that there's a cool discussion board you can access and talk Rutgers sports without Paying for it. Think as the off topics as commercials.and avoid them if you want. Jeez, you sound like someone is forcing you to click on the threads.
Knowledge.

Fwiw, OT threads on premium get moved to THIS board, not the OT board
Not all of them.

I also agree with the bolded 100%.

This board is turning into a bunch of old guys discussing colonoscopies, complaining about millennials, and grieving about their enlarged prostates.

What the young guys will learn soon enough, things in life and on this board do not change, you just get older. Its the same thing every year.
Actually things in life DO change. Sometime slowly ,sometimes dramatically. The board does tend to be rather immutable though.

ADVERTISEMENT