ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Why the real estate market is not in a bubble: Q1 2023 update video added to OP

Well, there technically still is an attorney review period however, its just 3 days of nothing since neither party hires an atty and after those 3 days you are officially locked in under contract.

Its interesting. South jersey doesnt use attorneys for the most part and the agents down there swear by it
I bought 3 houses with attorneys and there was always an issue. I’ve bought 3 in OC without and never had any issues

Where do you live?
middletown but this isn't the only place I've bought/own/owned property

interestingly enough, we're flying down to Florida next week to talk terms on a new property there without a realtor

This mkt doesn't need a realtor. All one needs to do is put a sign on their yard that says offer me lol

Reactions: bob-loblaw
This mkt doesn't need a realtor. All one needs to do is put a sign on their yard that says offer me lol
That actually happened to me with our last sale 2 years ago. As I’m putting the sign up on the lawn the guy across the street comes over and says take down the sign I’m buying it at asking price Luckily the realtor was my daughter so no commission involved either way but had it sold in an hour

Reactions: RUTGERS95
middletown but this isn't the only place I've bought/own/owned property

interestingly enough, we're flying down to Florida next week to talk terms on a new property there without a realtor

ANYONE can sell a home by themselves without a realtor, I am not denying that. However, I'd say the overwhelming majority of the time, you're leaving money on the table. I'm not talking total sales price, I'm talking net.

And I'm calling bullshit on the florida thing. You live in NJ but you're flying 3 hours away to talk terms in person on a random property without a realtor.. haha. Anyway, if true, good for you. When buying a house ALWAYS if possible try to go direct to a sellers and buy a fsbo. Why? Well, because of what I said above, you can bend them over and totally fvck them haha.

What do you do for a business and how does your company generate revenue?

How does attorney review get handled?

There is none because there is nothing to review. Any issues from home inspection are worked out by the buyer and seller via the realtors
In Arizona, it was something like this (I'm an attorney, and I'm of the view that in most deals they are not useful at all and slow the process down- OTOH, if there is a legitimate issue or dispute, well have at it and get ready to pay up):

200w.gif

• Haha
Reactions: newell138
ANYONE can sell a home by themselves without a realtor, I am not denying that. However, I'd say the overwhelming majority of the time, you're leaving money on the table. I'm not talking total sales price, I'm talking net.

And I'm calling bullshit on the florida thing. You live in NJ but you're flying 3 hours away to talk terms in person on a random property without a realtor.. haha. Anyway, if true, good for you. When buying a house ALWAYS if possible try to go direct to a sellers and buy a fsbo. Why? Well, because of what I said above, you can bend them over and totally fvck them haha.

What do you do for a business and how does your company generate revenue
more than welcome to believe what you want but we've been looking down there for a while and have friends there where we want to go so this isn't as 'unbelievable' as you'd think. Definitely not random and definitely not out of the blue. They'll get more than with realtor taking the cut and we'll get less than going through realtor

easy and becoming pretty common

I can help you do this if you want

more than welcome to believe what you want but we've been looking down there for a while and have friends there where we want to go so this isn't as 'unbelievable' as you'd think. Definitely not random and definitely not out of the blue. They'll get more than with realtor taking the cut and we'll get less than going through realtor

easy and becoming pretty common

I can help you do this if you want
Lol. I do tons of private off market deals for my buyers.

Anyway, what do you do for a living and how does your company generate revenue?

There are a lot of fraud going on in the agency loans for MF. A lot of shady UW and borrowers trying to ripoff agency’s.
Im skeptical of the madison title bit if thats what youre referring to. We’ll see how it shakes out

@KK1827 is the all cash home buying industry a shady one?

Maybe I haven’t been paying attention all these years, but I feel like I’ve been noticing a lot of people on social media getting into this industry over the past few years. People that had other W2 jobs getting into the cash purchase / flipping industry and already doing 5, 10, 20 flips a month in just a matter of years.

The rate they purchase / flip houses just doesn’t seem normal and no idea where the capital would come from (unless they’re laundering money).

That industry just seems real fishy. Some of these dudes don’t seem like the brightest bulbs either.

Maybe I haven’t been paying attention all these years, but I feel like I’ve been noticing a lot of people on social media getting into this industry over the past few years. People that had other W2 jobs getting into the cash purchase / flipping industry and already doing 5, 10, 20 flips a month in just a matter of years.

The rate they purchase / flip houses just doesn’t seem normal and no idea where the capital would come from (unless they’re laundering money).

That industry just seems real fishy. Some of these dudes don’t seem like the brightest bulbs either.
Tbh Ive seen less and less flips as rates went up. However, most flips are funded via hard money loans. Typically paying 3-4 points up front then 12-14% annualized interest.

Reactions: S_Janowski

I want to start reporting these people to the real estate commission. They're called wholesalers and they are scum. They steal equity from people by saying they will pay cash for the home. they put it under contract, then assign the contract to an actual cash buyer with a crazy high markup sometimes.

Social media has morphed into "buy my coaching program and you can get rich too" posts.

Your observation regarding the potential for sellers to shift commission responsibilities onto buyers highlights an evolving trend. While this approach mirrors practices in the commercial realm, its implications within residential markets merit scrutiny.

In contemplating these shifts, it's essential to consider ancillary industries, such as water damage restoration experts. As real estate dynamics evolve, so too may the demand for services like theirs. Understanding these interconnected relationships can provide valuable insights into broader market trends.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the real estate market. It's always interesting to hear different perspectives. It sounds like you're anticipating some significant changes, especially for agents and buyers.
I personally dont believe much changes. I actually think buyers agents will make more money ironically

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT