ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Will the Steelers be playing at "Heinz Field" in 2022?

Panthergrowl13

All Conference
Nov 11, 2002
From Article on SB Nation 2/3/22.

The Pittsburgh Steelers have called Heinz Field home since the stadium opened in 2001 but could that name be changing in 2022.

Naming rights are up for renewal.

Heinz which is now Kraft Heinz will they renew?

Not in article but some of my thoughts below.

The Pittsburgh Penquins played at Consol Energy Center and now play at PPG Paints Arena (same place different name).

Rutgers now plays at Shi Stadium.

I have no idea if the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC) would have any interest in naming rights but they do like to advertise.

UPMC advertisements appear at Heinz Field, PPG Paints Arena, PNC Park and on top of the former US Steel Building (tallest building in Pittsburgh) .

Other examples: Duquesne University Basketball Arena is called "UPMC Fieldhouse". Robert Morris University Basketball Arena is called "UPMC Events Center".

Why build a stadium when you can just name it (national recognition).

The Steelers playing at UPMC-Pitt Stadium would have a nice ring to it.

After all the Steelers did play at Pitt Stadium until 1970 when they moved to Three Rivers Stadium.

LOL!!!!

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: rubigtimenow

The Pittsburgh Steelers have called Heinz Field home since the stadium opened in 2001 but could that name be changing in 2022.

The Pittsburgh Penquins played at Consol Energy Center and now play at PPG Paints Arena (same place different name).

I have no idea if the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC) would have any interest in naming rights but they do like to advertise.

UPMC advertisements appear at Heinz Field, PPG Paints Arena, PNC Park and on top of the former US Steel Building (tallest building in Pittsburgh) .

Other examples: Duquesne University Basketball Arena is called "UPMC Fieldhouse". Robert Morris University Basketball Arena is called "UPMC Events Center".

After all the Steelers did play at Pitt Stadium until 1970 when they moved to Three Rivers Stadium.

LOL!!!!

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Is UPMC a not-for-profit entity like a lot of university affiliated medical centers? If so I'm amazed they're paying for naming rights.

Also being reported by KDKA FM Pittsburgh.

If Kenny Pickett is still available by #20 the Steelers may take him with their NFL pick.

If true, KP will continue to play at Heinz or whatever name they call it.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

If Kenny Pickett is still available by #20 the Steelers may take him with their NFL pick.
Interesting because all indications I've seen are that they have higher priorities than a QB in what is considered a weak QB class.

Reactions: RUShea
The Steelers will suck next year…that much is gonna happen! Go Bengals!

Also in the news, the New York Giants are seeking permission to interview Steelers coach Teryl Austin (Pitt grad) for the Giants DC position. This will now force the Steelers hand on their position coaches.

See what develops.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Interesting because all indications I've seen are that they have higher priorities than a QB in what is considered a weak QB class.
The Steelers have been very fortunate in the past to find a franchise QB and retain him for many years. Ex: Big Ben (18 years) and Terry Bradshaw (13 years). Helps to have successful continuity.

With the retirement of Ben, they are looking for that "guy" again. Whether it is one of their back up QB, KP or someone else. There is an interest.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

LOL!!!!

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Who cares and why post this here? 🙄

And let me cite the right way for these things. The Interstate Highway System only became the Eisenhower Interstate Highway System until after he passed away.

There's a big difference between a person naming his personal business and properties with his name and politicians having public buildings named after them.

That point will not be understood through the haze of manipulated ignorance.

The Steelers have been very fortunate in the past to find a franchise QB and retain him for many years. Ex: Big Ben (18 years) and Terry Bradshaw (13 years). Helps to have successful continuity.

With the retirement of Ben, they are looking for that "guy" again. Whether it is one of their back up QB, KP or someone else. There is an interest.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!
Maybe ya'll can get a QB that doesn't rape women this time.

I completely agree they want a franchise QB, but they are not seeing it in this draft class. Why bother taking a QB when there's not one you feel fits the parameters of the offense you run?

My gut says they run with Rudolph this coming season, see how that shakes out and then look at who's in the 2023 draft class if he's not it.

I completely agree they want a franchise QB, but they are not seeing it in this draft class. Why bother taking a QB when there's not one you feel fits the parameters of the offense you run?

My gut says they run with Rudolph this coming season, see how that shakes out and then look at who's in the 2023 draft class if he's not it.
Jimmy Garoppolo will be Steelers QB next year.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!
You left out Slash (8 years) and Charlie Batch (8 years).

ADVERTISEMENT