ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Winter Storm Likely to Impact Our Area 1/16-17

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you are now trolling me on two different threads!!
So what. Still don't know why you think this pattern is so thread worthy?? It's January! It's supposed to be cold. None of this pattern is historic. We get a cold day and then 24 hours later hit 50 degrees. It's going to be near 50 again Wednesday. This is nothing out of the ordinary for January. It's below average. It's the reverse of December yet you didn't write an 8000 word post about December. What a drama queen. And you can never complain about trolls again. As you have jumped into the deep end yourself.
Dude, grow up. It’s a football message board talking about weather. Get your panties outta your ass

Reactions: TRU2RU and fsg2
So what. Still don't know why you think this pattern is so thread worthy?? It's January! It's supposed to be cold. None of this pattern is historic. We get a cold day and then 24 hours later hit 50 degrees. It's going to be near 50 again Wednesday. This is nothing out of the ordinary for January. It's below average. It's the reverse of December yet you didn't write an 8000 word post about December. What a drama queen. And you can never complain about trolls again. As you have jumped into the deep end yourself.
looks like the cold pattern didnt work out..first two storms basically struck out

I didn’t see his comment as trolling. Instead he was just referring to something that you believe has a greater impact on more people. No need for the hostility. You’re a good long time poster who brings a lot of solid input on the board - no need for this.

Reactions: VW Knight
I didn’t see his comment as trolling. Instead he was just referring to something that you believe has a greater impact on more people. No need for the hostility. You’re a good long time poster who brings a lot of solid input on the board - no need for this.
Actually he posted the same thing in two threads. That's trolling.

Hi.
I come in peace.
I follow weather threads to see what's happening, both in the coming days and as it's happening. I DON'T consider anything weather-related anyone posts to be "fake news" (which I'm sure we all do with other types of news, these days), but rather to feel like I'm "in the know" when it comes to some larger weather event. My colleagues all know that I follow the "Rutgers Football Forum" weather guys, and anytime there is anything close to a big storm, they'll ask me to check with "my guys." 🥰🥰🥰🤪

With all this in mind, I'm generally disappointed when things devolve into a pissing match, on a weather thread.
Thank you everyone for sharing the weather updates, whomever you are and however you collect your data. I know I don't HAVE to read the posts, but I'm hopeful that there can be less in-fighting. The threads would be much shorter, much easier to navigate to the "good" stuff, and more informative.

Thanks for listening.

Holy crap, I thought I was being nice, since you seem to focus a lot on the cold, so I didn't want to leave that out. No good deed, I guess. Also the latter half ofJanuary will very likely end up well below normal, which is noteworthy to me, while it was obvious in late November that December was going to be well above normal, which I didn't think people would care much about.

Please do, as this thread can be put to bed.🙂
Sorry, this thread won't be put to bed as I like it and so do others, but you'll get your event threads, should they prove to be real threats - not quite there yet, at least for me (can't guarantee others won't start one though)...

Holy crap, I thought I was being nice, since you seem to focus a lot on the cold, so I didn't want to leave that out. No good deed, I guess. Also the latter half ofJanuary will very likely end up well below normal, which is noteworthy to me, while it was obvious in late November that December was going to be well above normal, which I didn't think people would care much about.
Why are you trolling WhiteBus? Shame on you!

Sorry, this thread won't be put to bed as I like it and so do others, but you'll get your event threads, should they prove to be real threats - not quite there yet, at least for me (can't guarantee others won't start one though)...
There you go boys^^^^^

Why is he mentioning me in two different threads? Maybe you and him should grew up. Your a jack ass.
I posted the exact same thing in two threads, since some might only read one of them. I truly was trying to be helpful/nice to you by pointing out when it was likely going to get very cold as you seem passionate about that. No trolling involved at all. I certainly will argue, but I don't troll.

Given the temperatures we had in place before the storm Numbers….I have to believe us non- snow lovers dodged an enormous bullet?
Interesting, my NWS 10 day shows nothing over the weekend
Huge bullet. Places just 40-50 miles from 95 got 5+" of snow and 40-50 miles isn't a large modeling error. Your NWS forecast lists a 30% chance of snow Friday night and Saturday, so not sure why your app wouldn't.

I posted the exact same thing in two threads, since some might only read one of them. I truly was trying to be helpful/nice to you by pointing out when it was likely going to get very cold as you seem passionate about that. No trolling involved at all. I certainly will argue, but I don't troll.
Ok that is a completely bull crap excuse. When you put a person in a thread they get an alert that they have been tagged. So there was no way of missing one of the two alerts about you trolling me. My interest in the cold was more of an impact vs the storm. We were all were impacted by the cold (unless you stayed inside for 36 hours) whereas 90% were not impacted by the storm. Waking up to justvwet ground and no snow this morning. Again it's January. There is nothing out of the ordinary going on.

looks like the cold pattern didnt work out..first two storms basically struck out
The cold pattern is working out very well. The snowy part isn't yet, but we have a long way to go (and it wasn't a complete shutout with 3/4" in NB and the criterion will be whether NB is above 5" for the 2nd half of Jan, which would put it in the top quartile of half Januarys, which is generous, as "above normal" is usually just being in the top 1/3). Also, I only mentioned one storm in my op on the pattern, so not sure what you're talking about with 2 storms.

Ok that is a completely bull crap excuse. When you put a person in a thread they get an alert that they have been tagged. So there was no way of missing one of the two alerts about you trolling me. My interest in the cold was more of an impact vs the storm. We were all were impacted by the cold (unless you stayed inside for 36 hours) whereas 90% were not impacted by the storm. Waking up to justvwet ground and no snow this morning. Again it's January. There is nothing out of the ordinary going on.
I know what tagging does and I did it because I thought you'd actually like hearing about the coming cold part of the pattern. I don't know what else to say to convince you it wasn't trolling. It wasn't.

Do you actually think I like the vitriol in these threads? No, I don't. I post on 2 weather boards and on TOS (both the free and premium boards) and a ton on FB and there's literally never any fighting in those places - just the occasional discussion/minor disagreement. What goes on on this board is off-the-charts in comparsion.

I know what tagging does and I did it because I thought you'd actually like hearing about the coming cold part of the pattern. I don't know what else to say to convince you it wasn't trolling. It wasn't.

Do you actually think I like the vitriol in these threads? No, I don't. I post on 2 weather boards and on TOS (both the free and premium boards) and a ton on FB and there's literally never any fighting in those places - just the occasional discussion/minor disagreement. What goes on on this board is off-the-charts in comparsion.
Yes I do think you like vitriol in these threads. This is the second time you did it to me on this thread alone. Plus Ive been off this thread except for a joke post since Friday. Haven't been on the trend thread since Wednesday. No need to call me out on both threads.

Yes I do think you like vitriol in these threads. This is the second time you did it to me on this thread alone. Plus Ive been off this thread except for a joke post since Friday. Haven't been on the trend thread since Wednesday. No need to call me out on both threads.
Nope, I don't. Arguing is fine, vitriol I don't like. I didn't "do anything" to you earlier in the thread - I disagreed with a point you made and that happens all the time without vitriol. And here, I wasn't trolling and you only got tagged in both because I simply cut and pasted the same text in both threads - didn't even think twice about you and e5fdny being tagged in both. I've said multiple times that we should just get a beer and talk golf and RU and punk rock and I'm pretty sure we'd get along fine. Peace.

This thread, your title btw, is about an event that’s already happened.

its-over-done.gif

Event threads, a minor one at best in this case, need to run their course. And this one has passed the finish line.

The only one who can’t seem to let go is the OP. 😉

The cold pattern is working out very well. The snowy part isn't yet, but we have a long way to go (and it wasn't a complete shutout with 3/4" in NB and the criterion will be whether NB is above 5" for the 2nd half of Jan, which would put it in the top quartile of half Januarys, which is generous, as "above normal" is usually just being in the top 1/3). Also, I only mentioned one storm in my op on the pattern, so not sure what you're talking about with 2 storms.

Last friday non event must be talked about as well

yeah this one should be retired, pretty much a dud event
That’s all I’m saying as this wasn’t Sandy or the January 96 blizzard.

Those two events warranted a continuing conversation considering the severity of both.

This? Come on, man.

That’s all I’m saying as this wasn’t Sandy or the January 96 blizzard.

Those two events warranted a continuing conversation considering the severity of both.

This? Come on, man.
The reason I continue discussion on the future in an existing thread like this one or the pattern thread is because I thought it was too early to start a thread on either the Thursday or Saturday threat yesterday or even earlier today, but I still wanted to discuss what was going on - and if I had started a thread, what do you think would've happened? Yeah, 2 pages of "you started the thread too early" - which never happens if someone else starts a storm thread. Will start a thread on Thursday's event in the next hour unless someone else does first...

Ended up with 24" of snow here above Boone. Winds finally died down but still at 15-20 mph. Megadrifting all around. 4 ft in my upper driveway. Had to shovel to access the basement and extract the ATV/plow, then shovel more to get it some traction to get it up to the main driveway. Managed to clear a parking area but couldn't handle the main drift in driveway. So today will be shoveling a ATV path thru the drift to plow, little by little.

Our roads up here have drifts of 5 feet or higher in spots. Plows couldn't get to us. So we'll need a couple dozers at this point. Had a similar "event" three winter's ago.

Looking like more on the way Thurs-Sat. So, hopefully, we'll get cleared out by Wed.

It's a hard land. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT