ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Winter Storm Warnings are up for...

Ummmmm. Sure move to sunny Hawaii so I can live on top of a Volcano at 11,000 feet and get buried in snow.
Brillant.

Some people like the snow, f@#head. They also like huge, sweeping views that you don't get from sea level.

I was at the summit of Mauna Kea once. It's quite amazing. Nothing up there but the high power obseveratories. The views are incredible. You actually can watch the sun set from above the cloud line. And there are ski and snowboard tours during the winter months when the snow is quite deep. If you're ever on the big island it's worth the trip.

Did the drive up to Haleuelka (sp?) to see the sunrise. Some sight.

I spent 14 years in sunny San Diego but some of my best memories were of going to the snow as they say out there. Go an hour east and you get 5000 feet of pure white. But I always knew that in an hour I could be on a beach in LA Jolla.Damn I miss that..

You bored and looking for attention today?
Never understand that thinking. Of course he's looking for attention. Just like you are looking for attention when you posted that response. Or I am looking for attention when I posted this response to your response.

Why would anybody post on an internet forum if not looking for attention? If someone doesn't want attention, they don't speak out or post things at all.

He might or might not be bored, though.

You can fit Hawaii in the thread title this way we don't have to click on this.

Surely you know you can hover your mouse over the thread title and the first several lines of the post become visible - one can clearly see I was talking about Hawaii and having a little fun. Plus anyone who has ever read a weather thread of mine knows I write long, descriptive titles (and update them) so people can tell what the thread is about without clicking on it - I'm never coy with them, like I was with this one, in the spirit of having a little fun. And...I'll stop there.

Never understand that thinking. Of course he's looking for attention. Just like you are looking for attention when you posted that response. Or I am looking for attention when I posted this response to your response.

Why would anybody post on an internet forum if not looking for attention? If someone doesn't want attention, they don't speak out or post things at all.

He might or might not be bored, though.

I think T was just having fun - of course, we're all looking for attention around here, but he's a self-admitted attention whore of the first order...

Reactions: Jim_from_RU
I think T was just having fun - of course, we're all looking for attention around here, but he's a self-admitted attention whore of the first order...
We all are, those of us who post on internet forums. I suppose there are varying degrees of such whoredom though. I refuse to speculate on where I fall on the spectrum on the grounds that it might incriminate me. :)

Surely you know you can hover your mouse over the thread title and the first several lines of the post become visible - one can clearly see I was talking about Hawaii and having a little fun. Plus anyone who has ever read a weather thread of mine knows I write long, descriptive titles (and update them) so people can tell what the thread is about without clicking on it - I'm never coy with them, like I was with this one, in the spirit of having a little fun. And...I'll stop there.

Not on the mobile device I'm using...

We all are, those of us who post on internet forums. I suppose there are varying degrees of such whoredom though. I refuse to speculate on where I fall on the spectrum on the grounds that it might incriminate me. :)

The whores hustle and the hustlers whore

The MILF's at the Hillsborough Deli were not impressed with those numbers.

Now the warnings for us. Steve DiMartno says up to 2 inches for us by Monday morning!

NJNYPAweather.com

Please, there are no warnings for us (warnings mean 6" or more of snow are imminent) and there will not be any. Nobody reputable is forecasting 2", especially for anywhere near the I-95 corridor. Could some places above 1000 feet in NW NJ/NE PA/upstate NY get 2"? Sure, but that's irrelevant. And could the forecast change to 2" for the I-95 corridor? Possible, but highly unlikely. Martino is practicing classic "click-bait" marketing, posting misleading headlines and hoping people sign up for his premium service.

StormTotalSnowWeb.png

Reactions: RUChoppin
Please, there are no warnings for us (warnings mean 6" or more of snow are imminent) and there will not be any. Nobody reputable is forecasting 2", especially for anywhere near the I-95 corridor. Could some places above 1000 feet in NW NJ/NE PA/upstate NY get 2"? Sure, but that's irrelevant. And could the forecast change to 2" for the I-95 corridor? Possible, but highly unlikely. Martino is practicing classic "click-bait" marketing, posting misleading headlines and hoping people sign up for his premium service.

StormTotalSnowWeb.png

I thought YOU were the one who "recommended" him and why I'm signed up on his site!

I thought YOU were the one who "recommended" him and why I'm signed up on his site!

Several years ago I would occasionally cite his predictions, back when he provided them for free, both on the old Eastern weather board and on his then-new site, which was free. Even then, he was occasionally over-bullish, but that's definitely become worse, now that he has a profit motive to hype events. That's why I like DT so much, flaws and all, since he provides his forecasts for free without ads, even.

Last edited:
You can fit Hawaii in the thread title this way we don't have to click on this.
Right? click-bait... guess what this is thread title... from a weather-weenie too... during December... how can I take away likes from that poster?

Right? click-bait... guess what this is thread title... from a weather-weenie too... during December... how can I take away likes from that poster?

I see you still have that giant stick up your ass. If you can't tell the difference between someone having a little fun on a non-weather board (and maybe the first time in 20 years I made a joking weather thread title) and someone who embellishes and exaggerates actual forecasts in order to suck in paying customers, then you're beyond help on this one.

I see you still have that giant stick up your ass. If you can't tell the difference between someone having a little fun on a non-weather board (and maybe the first time in 20 years I made a joking weather thread title) and someone who embellishes and exaggerates actual forecasts in order to suck in paying customers, then you're beyond help on this one.
First time? Most of your weather threads are a joke.
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

ADVERTISEMENT