ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Yankees, pure as the driven snow,lol

Lol. Pure deflection by the cheating Sox. Let’s blame the Yankees. @ruready4somefootball should be embarrassed for himself for posting this garbage.
This is the 2nd player to come forward,how many before it becomes believable? Of all teams,why the Yankees? This player is 5 years removed from the Yankees and your excuse is what exactly? Revenge,hard feelings? Where there's smoke, as they say. Worth keeping tabs on for sure.

Reactions: redking
Initial reports never confirmed that the Pinstripes were using Apple Watches to gain a competitive advantage. The club was fined but for allegedly tinkering with a dugout phone. There were also some murmurs which claimed that the Yanks were illegally using YES cameras to steal signs, but that was also confirmed to not be the case in Rob Manfred's investigation.

Jared Carrabis

✔@Jared_Carrabis

Just to recap — Chris Young tells Gammons he got the Apple Watch sign-stealing idea from when he was with the Yankees, The Athletic story has “multiple sources” saying the Yankees used the video room to decode signs, but no investigation. No reason to look into them. None at all.

9:11 AM - Feb 4, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy

1,099 people are talking about this

As of this writing, we aren't in the know as to whether Young's claims hold any value, but it appears that he's attempting to come public similar to the way that Mike Fiers did, which preceded that league's investigation into the Houston Astros.

Considering that the Red Sox were only fined for their illegal endeavors, this isn't huge news, but the Yanks could be forced to cough up some capital if Manfred looks into Young's assertions.

Chris Young left the New York Yankees in 2015.

This is the 2nd player to come forward,how many before it becomes believable? Of all teams,why the Yankees? This player is 5 years removed from the Yankees and your excuse is what exactly? Revenge,hard feelings? Where there's smoke, as they say. Worth keeping tabs on for sure.
The 2nd player? The one that never played for the Yankees??
You do realize that your "sources" Chris Young has come out and flatly denied he said that and now Peter Gammons is walking back his quote.
You look like an idiot on this.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nj.com/yankees/2020/02/mlb-rumors-ex-yankee-chris-young-reacts-to-sign-stealing-allegations-by-peter-gammons-who-clarifies-his-comments.html?outputType=amp

The 2nd player? The one that never played for the Yankees??
You do realize that your "sources" Chris Young has come out and flatly denied he said that and now Peter Gammons is walking back his quote.
You look like an idiot on this.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nj.com/yankees/2020/02/mlb-rumors-ex-yankee-chris-young-reacts-to-sign-stealing-allegations-by-peter-gammons-who-clarifies-his-comments.html?outputType=amp
If I'm the idiot for quoting Gammons, then I guess he's worse for putting it out there as a professional writer,as I was just trying to keep you guys in the loop.:Wink: Your lucky MLB isn't using Nancy Pelosi & Adam $hitface running the investigation, they would bring up charges on less.I finally understand the frustration Democrats must feel when they can't pin anything on The Teflon Don.

Last edited:
Reactions: tico brown
Not a Yankee fan.. but "Chris Young told me, 'Kind of my idea, I started the whole Apple Watch thing. I got it from when I was with the Yankees.'"

"When I was with the Yankees" means nothing. Still could be totally his idea.. maybe that's when Apple Watches first came out and he got he Apple Watch and thought up the idea all on his lonesome.

If I'm the idiot for quoting Gammons, then I guess he's worse for putting it out there as a professional writer,as I was just trying to keep you guys in the loop.:Wink: Your lucky MLB isn't using Nancy Pelosi & Adam $hitface running the investigation, they would bring up charges on less.I finally understand the frustration Democrats must feel when they can't pin anything on The Teflon Don.
Unfortunately you are completely full of crap that you were keeping us in the loop. Since the retractions and complete denial came out yesterday but you are posting this bullshit this morning. It seems you are the one completely out of the loop.

Reactions: vm7118

Gammons retracted his statement after Chris Young came out and said that he never said that. There have been no credible allegations against the Yankees. Just another desperate attempt by the miserable fan bases of the Astros, Red Sox, and the Muts to drag other teams down with them.

/thread

Reactions: vm7118
A Red Sox player throwing the Yankees under the bus and you started a thread on this nonsense. Can I sell you the Brooklyn Bridge???
source.gif

I’m not a yankee fan but isn’t gammons something like the biggest Red Sox fan in the world?

Last edited:
Some conspiracy hack in a new organization picks information. Kudos in effect, lads. Lets start tracking realistic involvement now. Get exact results

Last edited:
The more things change the more they stay the same. It is 1951. The New York Giants make an epic run. They trailed by 13 1/2 games at one point, and ran down the Dodgers at the end to force a one-game playoff for the dubious right to face the Yankees in the World Series. The Shot Heard Round the World--Bobby Thomson's three-run HR in the bottom of the 9th off Ralph Branca to put the Giants in the series and send the Dodgers home.

50 years later, after much rumor over the years, it all came out. Giants coach Herman Franks, armed with a military field scope, set up in the Giants clubhouse in center field. He stole the signs. Using a buzzer system between the clubhouse and the bullpen, he relayed the signs to backup catcher Sal Yvars who tipped off the batters.

The OP desperately trying to find dirt on the Yankees and failing miserably. Meanwhile the Mets were the only team to have their training director indicated and go to jail for selling steroids
Classic Mets. Hire one of the central figures in this giant scandal as their manager. right in the middle of the scandal's breaking. Who did the background checks on their candidates anyway ?

Reactions: T2Kplus10
The Yankees won a World Series with multiple pitchers that were on steroids in 3 out of their 4 wins.

They are no angels

Individual players deciding to take roids is different than a team organized cheating scandal right?

Reactions: Kbee3
ADVERTISEMENT