ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Yogi on Phil Silvers Show

RutgersMO

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2001
Rutgers & NJ @ Heart
@zappaa

Up here in WA there's a channel called Decades. I used to love the Phil Silvers show and remember watching it with my parents .

The description of the show says Yogi Berra and Gil MacDougal in a baseball story . But they failed to mention Whitey Ford , Phil Rizzuto and 1 other Yankee. Also the star of this episode was an unknown comedian named Dick Van Dyke.

Yogi got the chance to show off his comedy chops ... " who's Doberman"?

Mo

@zappaa

Up here in WA there's a channel called Decades. I used to love the Phil Silvers show and remember watching it with my parents .

The description of the show says Yogi Berra and Gil MacDougal in a baseball story . But they failed to mention Whitey Ford , Phil Rizzuto and 1 other Yankee. Also the star of this episode was an unknown comedian named Dick Van Dyke.

Yogi got the chance to show off his comedy chops ... " who's Doberman"?

Mo

Phil Silvers Rutgers connection:

Reactions: RutgersMO
Phil Silvers Rutgers connection:

I actually spoke to Phil Slivers circa 1980.

I wanted him to star in a screen play i had co-written about "the Free Clinic".

He read the script and said "Kid, I know I'm the people's choice, but who's going to fund this cockamamie pl;ay". Phil the Thrill sounded like Bilko, and all the other fast talking con men he had played...but he was right.

The Nobody Ever Died for Dear Ol Rutgers was played in the game agaisnt UM in 1976 on the broadcast. It did't help.

Hope we getter luck tomorrow.

MO

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT