ADVERTISEMENT

OT: YOUR favorite album of all time...

I mentioned the Clash - London Calling in the other thread but my favorite album is probably a tie between the Rolling Stones - Exile on Main Street and the Replacements - Don't Tell a Soul

Reactions: Kbee3
There is an active thread on this board about the best albums where all songs are good... if you look that over for reminders/suggestions what I am asking for is YOUR VOTE of which is the best album TO YOU.. not what other people or experts think... just one album... and I hope, if this is active.. to compile a list and see what albums got the most mentions...

Of course choosing one might be very hard... but when I went down that other thread and saw London Calling.. it spoke to me. I loved that album. That is my "vote".

EDIT: I can see people are hedging.. pick ONE please...
Exile on Main Street

I mentioned the Clash - London Calling in the other thread but my favorite album is probably a tie between the Rolling Stones - Exile on Main Street and the Replacements - Don't Tell a Soul
We should hang out. If I replace ‘Don’t Tell a Soul’ with ‘Tim’, those might be my 3 favorite, although I need to include ‘Everybody knows this is nowhere’ on the list too

Pinkerton by Weezer.

This album knocked me on my ass when I first got it and it still resonates with me today.

Angst filled? Check.
Self-depreciating? Check.
Distorted, squealing guitars? Check.

Few albums I've listened to have ever been this brutal or personal.

Reactions: RUScrew85
Really impossible to narrow it down. My musical tastes are very mood dependent. A couple of note:

The Hold Steady-Boys and Girls in America
Jackson Browne- Late for the Sky
Genesis- Trespass
REM- Reckoning
Son Volt- Trace
Marillion- Misplaced Childhood

Nobody for "Please,Please Me",the first Beatles album?

This album was their raw sound,a sound almost submerged by what was to come,a full year before breaking out in the USA.

Chet Flippo,a biographer for McCartney,says that he heard this early in 1963 in his frat house at Trinity in San Antonio.The sounds of Lennon's "Twist and Shout" blasting out from the dorm windows must have seemed as if the Martians had landed.

Not sure
Nobody for "Please,Please Me",the first Beatles album?

This album was their raw sound,a sound almost submerged by what was to come,a full year before breaking out in the USA.

Chet Flippo,a biographer for McCartney,says that he heard this early in 1963 in his frat house at Trinity in San Antonio.The sounds of Lennon's "Twist and Shout" blasting out from the dorm windows must have seemed as if the Martians had landed.
John did do a great job on that tune. And I still have that album.

After The Gold Rush - Neil Young

Favorite Album Cover - No Secrets, Carly Simon
Sorry but I can't figure out how to post pictures but I can post the video which shows the cover.
As I young man then you'll quickly see why this was a favorite.

You never saw Roxy Music album covers ?

Really impossible to narrow it down. My musical tastes are very mood dependent. A couple of note:

Genesis- Trespass
REM- Reckoning
Son Volt- Trace
‘Trace’ is definitely in my Top 10 of all time, maybe top 5. ‘Reckoning’ is definitely Top 5 for me

Genesis- Trespass
REM- Reckoning
Son Volt- Trace
Trespass -- that's some hardcore stuff, right there. Stagnation is one of my all-time favorite songs.

Trespass -- that's some hardcore stuff, right there. Stagnation is one of my all-time favorite songs.

Same here. Supper's Ready probably #1 from Genesis, but Stagnation is up there with The Chamber of 32 Doors right behind. I'm a huge Genesis/Gabriel fan. Amazing Trespass was recorded when Gabriel, Rutherford and Banks were only 20, and Collins and Hackett weren't even in the band yet.

Reactions: chickenpatty2
The Modern Lovers

The_Modern_Lovers_%28album%29.jpg

As many have said, it's impossible to pick one, so I'll pick 5, in no particular order.

The Stranger-Billy Joel
Abbey Road-The Beatles
Under the Table and Dreaming-Dave Matthews Band
Metallica (Black Album)-Metallica
Core-Stone Temple Pilots

Reactions: TM94goRU
Aja - Steely Dan
Songs From the Wood - Jethro Tull
Rumors - Fleetwood Mac

Too many to count...........Beatles, Stones, Doors, CSN&Y, S&G, Steely Dan, Dylan, Eagles, and the list goes on but I have to say Santana’s first album could be my most favorite

In my teens Dark Side of the Moon
In my 20s August and Everything After by the Counting Crows

We should hang out. If I replace ‘Don’t Tell a Soul’ with ‘Tim’, those might be my 3 favorite, although I need to include ‘Everybody knows this is nowhere’ on the list too
Hopefully at a game this season......Anything by the Replacements works!

Years ago on 102.7 WNEW where Rock lives.
Scot Muni "The Legend" one year had a segment where he said if you were to be placed on a desert Island and you could bring 3 albums to listen to for one year what would they be.

One of my 3 was

Derek and the Dominoes "Layla"

i need more than one favorite ,,,,,seeing I listen to different genres ..................derek and the dominos ..layla and other assorted love songs......frank sinatra....september of my years......the beatles ...white album

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT