ADVERTISEMENT

OT: YOUR favorite album of all time...

I have a tie...especially since this is primarily about rock albums and I was a classically trained trumpet player...so

Queen: A Night At The Opera
Pink Floyd: The Wall

Honorable Mention: every Alice In Chains and Steely Dan Album!

Reactions: wheezer
Dunno. Maybe Court of the Crimson King, Heart Like a Wheel, Rain Dogs, March 16-20, 1992, Rubber Soul, Works Vol. 1, A Night at the Opera, 10, Metallica. Probably Rum, Sodomy and the Lash. Could be Flood too. Pet Sounds? My Christmas Album: Department Store Santa...

I've never had a favorite album.

would probably be a tie of Appetite for Destruction, Ten by Pearl Jam and Ready to Die By Notorious BIG

THE CURE - DISINTEGRATION

lkqSlQi.jpg

That was supposed to be the obelisk from 2001 A Space Odyssey that they had just finished peeing on.
I knew about the Space Odyssey image too, still not a great cover imho. What about the Sticky Fingers album cover shot is classic?

I knew about the Space Odyssey image too, still not a great cover imho. What about the Sticky Fingers album cover shot is classic?
The working zipper, obviously.
As for the obelisk, I spent a good deal of time when the movie first came out arguing with friends who thought the movie was sooooo great and about the significance of the obelisk. The cover of that album by the Who perfectly matched my thoughts on the subject.

The working zipper, obviously.
As for the obelisk, I spent a good deal of time when the movie first came out arguing with friends who thought the movie was sooooo great and about the significance of the obelisk. The cover of that album by the Who perfectly matched my thoughts on the subject.
Ok now I can understand your perspective on the Who's Next cover.

I don't think I actually ever bought the Sicky Fingers album, I'm a big Stones fan (#2 behind the mighty Led Zeppelin) but while Sticky had some great songs (Brown Sugar, ''Knocking and Bitch, plus Sway is an underrated great song) wasn't impressed with it overall. Wild Horses is one of those songs that I change the radio station whenever it comes on. But that tight jeans on a guy album cover... yikes...

Ok now I can understand your perspective on the Who's Next cover.

I don't think I actually ever bought the Sicky Fingers album, I'm a big Stones fan (#2 behind the mighty Led Zeppelin) but while Sticky had some great songs (Brown Sugar, ''Knocking and Bitch, plus Sway is an underrated great song) wasn't impressed with it overall. Wild Horses is one of those songs that I change the radio station whenever it comes on. But that tight jeans on a guy album cover... yikes...
I've actually read comments by John Entwistle and Keith Moon in regards to the significance of the object of their urination on that album cover. It perfectly captured my sentiments in regards to the obelisk.
Oh...and I love Sticky Fingers AND Wild Horses. i've been a giant fan of theirs since they first invaded the U.S.

I've actually read comments by John Entwistle and Keith Moon in regards to the significance of the object of their urination on that album cover. It perfectly captured my sentiments in regards to the obelisk.
Oh...and I love Sticky Fingers AND Wild Horses. i've been a giant fan of theirs since they first invaded the U.S.
and here I thought we always agreed on everything...😆

Reactions: Kbee3
4 guys taking a leak outside and a close-up of a dude's bulge? To each his own.

When it comes to album covers, I'm going with My Sharona.

220px-MySharonaCover.jpg
The bigger image of that cover earlier in the thread seems to have had some photoshopping done.

10-ish year old me found this album cover in my friend's dad's collection of albums. Needless to say it had an impact.

herb-alperts-tijuana-brass-whipped-cream-and-other-delights-billboard-1548-1024x677.jpg

Last edited:
And yet THIS is how you described the cover image:
but they weren't facing the object so did not assume that was the "picture" or message...honestly I could care less arguing about it...at least the album itself is great even if the cover sucks

Innervisions Stevie
Talking Book Stevie
Songs in the Key of Life Stevie
Any Ella album will do
Any Miles Davis album will do too

I have diverse tastes in music from doowop to New Country
1 Born to Run
2 Darkness on the Edge of Town
3 Endless Summer ( I know its a collection)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT