ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Your Favorite/Best Coffee (Including Decaf) And Brewing Method

I use a Nespresso machine..with a milk frother. I'm quite happy with it.

I started drinking coffee at around age 28. I love it.

With only 5 years of coffee experience your insight is a bit limited for this thread 😉

• Haha
Reactions: Jm0513
This might be a bit snobbish, but I have been ordering freshly roasted beans from Kona Farm Direct on the big island in Hawaii. i made a wrong turn and ended up on a small coffee farm a few years back. The owners were awesome and invited us in. They spent 90 minutes showing us the operation. They let my wife roast some coffee. It was so smooth and rich with no bitterness. Unfortunately it is $45 a pound, so a pound lasts a little over a month (we do drink other coffee).

Always buy beans and use a burr grinder. we just bought a Nespresso so I’m going to try the pod hack with my Kona coffee.

Reactions: RUSK97 and Jm0513
This might be a bit snobbish, but I have been ordering freshly roasted beans from Kona Farm Direct on the big island in Hawaii. i made a wrong turn and ended up on a small coffee farm a few years back. The owners were awesome and invited us in. They spent 90 minutes showing us the operation. They let my wife roast some coffee. It was so smooth and rich with no bitterness. Unfortunately it is $45 a pound, so a pound lasts a little over a month (we do drink other coffee).

Always buy beans and use a burr grinder. we just bought a Nespresso so I’m going to try the pod hack with my Kona coffee.

A unforgettable vacation experience you couldn't buy ... good stuff.

My neighbor when I lived in CO moved to a coffee farm in Hawaii, went from ski bumming to ..coffee bumming? Not a bad life. About the only type of move that could have made me jealous, having just landed in CO that same year.

2 yrs. I'm 30.
Hahaha
What is this pod hack you speak of??

There are little plastic caps that let you reuse Nespresso pods with your own coffee. I have also seen reusable stainless steel pods. I have not tried either yet.

Anyonehave experience with reusing Nespresso pods out there?

Last year I brought back Civet Coffee from Vietnam (Translated as weasel coffee there). The Asian palm Civet eats the coffee cherries and it “ferments” as it passes through the civet’s digestive tract. The real stuff is hugely expensive. I bought some “tourist“ grade variety.

It was pretty crappy 😅

Last year I brought back Civet Coffee from Vietnam (Translated as weasel coffee there). The Asian palm Civet eats the coffee cherries and it “ferments” as it passes through the civet’s digestive tract. The real stuff is hugely expensive. I bought some “tourist“ grade variety.

It was pretty crappy 😅
Tried this stuff a few years ago too. Not sure if you’re serious or not but it was pretty crappy!

Tried this stuff a few years ago too. Not sure if you’re serious or not but it was pretty crappy!

seriously i brought some back, but it was the cheap stuff tourists buy, not the $60 per pound stuff. It was crappy.

So just a pet peeve with all coffee sellers now: sell a damn pound of coffee, not 12 oz.

That ship sailed, sadly. Can't even remember the last time a full lb was the standard. Keep waiting for it to drop to a 10 oz standard.

5 lb bag is 5 lbs, though. Or you can do one of those fill your own bag.

That ship sailed, sadly. Can't even remember the last time a full lb was the standard. Keep waiting for it to drop to a 10 oz standard.

I forget which place I ordered from, but they had 11 oz bags. Kona Coffee Purveyors sells 6oz bags.

I prefer the fill your own bag, but those places are becoming much harder to find. All of the grocery stores got out of that business.

I prefer the fill your own bag, but those places are becoming much harder to find. All of the grocery stores got out of that business.
I agree with you. Fortunately the 2 Fairways near me in the city still do that. May not last, however, since Shop-rite bought them - they've already reduced the number of different types they carry.

I agree with you. Fortunately the 2 Fairways near me in the city still do that.
You suck!!! The Fairway on Rte. 46 in Woodland Park closed last July: they were my goto source for loose coffee.

If your from Jersey there is only 1 place to get your CAWFEE
37415397_210807142952619_3523534815372509184_n.jpg

I'll have to check if my local supermarket still has it. It featured a local roaster and was a convenient option when I couldn't get to the coffee shop. Never trusted the freshness the same way as a real shop - especially since coffee is a sin 'round these parts. Stopped going there when the competition expanded and became the much better grocer so not sure if coffee station is still there or not.

I used to fill those bags until you could barely fold the top, just so it would last as long as possible. IIRC they just charged a lb price and didn't weigh it.

You suck!!! The Fairway on Rte. 46 in Woodland Park closed last July: they were my goto source for loose coffee.
What's better? Loose coffee? Or loose women?

Keep in mind that your response may be recorded for quality control purposes.

What's better? Loose coffee? Or loose women?

Keep in mind that your response may be recorded for quality control purposes.
Loose women who brew you coffee in the morning. Preferably from loose beans.

Reactions: mildone
ADVERTISEMENT